Video: There are no excuses left for Dak’s mediocrity

InTheZone

Reaction score
Is a “healthy Romo” the same guy who threw 3 picks in the second half and pissed away a 27-3 lead against the Lions in 2011?

Romo and his “arm talent” blew countless games that Dak would be crucified for if he did the same.
I dont think anyone defended romo vs the lions. You see the difference now? Could you imagine Romo with this offense? See the difference again?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Everyone here needs to relax on this Romo was incredible against winning team joke. Romo was 14-24 against winning teams from 2009-2016.
Why did you leave out 2006-2008? Are you cherry picking by any chance?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why did you leave out 2006-2008? Are you cherry picking by any chance?
No. Just couldnt find those stats to be honest. Its hard finding a career record for a 14 year guy. If you can find them please do, but i dont think it will change much

basel90

Reaction score
What ocurred in that game had absolutely nothing to do with Romo. You just exposed yourself as having an agenda to glorify Romo.

Sorry, but that's weak basis for criticism of what Dak did in that game.

Romo made his share of mistakes throughout his career.

Dak is surely entitled to the same consideration.
I am glorifying no one and Romo a had his faults and did not win a super bowl or even lead the team to a CCG . However , you seem stuck on dak . When compared to Romo , sorry , I would take Romo to lead any comeback vs dak . Dak has much better weapons and he has so far underachieved . If you can flatly said you would take dak Over Romo , 90% of the fans and experts will disagree with you . Not to mention dak wants 35 to 40 mil :)))))

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
You mean against a defense that have up 31 points by halftime the following week? Lol

Learn some football.

Gave up 31 points by halftime to the team that went to the Superbowl and went up 28-3 on the Patriots.

The Broncos were a middling defense in 2013. They gave up 39 points to second year Andrew Luck a couple of weeks after the Romo shootout.

So what, exactly, is your point?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
No. Just couldnt find those stats to be honest. Its hard finding a career record for a 14 year guy. If you can find them please do, but i dont think it will change much
I actually found the below post, from our cowboyszone back in Sept 2011. No link to the reference.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/what-is-romos-record-against-winning-teams.218297/

Post #12

You know, you can do your own research.

Also, I don't quite know what your point is. All QBs and teams would have a better record against bad teams than against good ones, right?

Oh what the hell, here are the numbers. This is for every game Tony's started through last season. Teams are classed as winning or losing based on their record in non-Cowboys games (so if we beat a team that finishes 8-8, they went 8-7 in their other games and fall on the "winners" side). Four games are dropped out - we split with an 8-8 WAS in 2008 and an 8-8 PHI in 2007.

All regular season starts:
vs. Winners: 15-11, 0.577 Win %
vs. Losers: 22-8, 0.733

All starts, including postseason:
vs. Winners: 16-14, 0.533 Win %

All reg. season starts through 2009 (skipping the abomination that was last season):
vs. Winners: 15-10, 0.600
vs. Losers: 21-5, 0.808

All starts through 2009, including postseason:
vs. Winners: 16-13, 0.551

So, the Romo-led Cowboys have dominated bad teams and more than held their own with good teams. Again, did you expect anything different, given their overall 40-24 record?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
pro-football-reference.com

Any player. Any career. Any season. Any decade.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I actually found the below post, from our cowboyszone back in Sept 2011. No link to the reference.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/what-is-romos-record-against-winning-teams.218297/

Post #12

You know, you can do your own research.

Also, I don't quite know what your point is. All QBs and teams would have a better record against bad teams than against good ones, right?

Oh what the hell, here are the numbers. This is for every game Tony's started through last season. Teams are classed as winning or losing based on their record in non-Cowboys games (so if we beat a team that finishes 8-8, they went 8-7 in their other games and fall on the "winners" side). Four games are dropped out - we split with an 8-8 WAS in 2008 and an 8-8 PHI in 2007.

All regular season starts:
vs. Winners: 15-11, 0.577 Win %

All starts, including postseason:
vs. Winners: 16-14, 0.533 Win %

All reg. season starts through 2009 (skipping the abomination that was last season):
vs. Winners: 15-10, 0.600

All starts through 2009, including postseason:
vs. Winners: 16-13, 0.551

So, the Romo-led Cowboys have dominated bad teams and more than held their own with good teams. Again, did you expect anything different, given their overall 40-24 record?
I dont really know what I am looking at here. So youre telling me that he was amazing against winning teams until 2009-2016 and he fell off a cliff? lol.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I am glorifying no one and Romo a had his faults and did not win a super bowl or even lead the team to a CCG . However , you seem stuck on dak . When compared to Romo , sorry , I would take Romo to lead any comeback vs dak . Dak has much better weapons and he has so far underachieved . If you can flatly said you would take dak Over Romo , 90% of the fans and experts will disagree with you . Not to mention dak wants 35 to 40 mil :)))))
Imagine Dak with the team Romo had when he had that comeback against the 49ers with Jesse Holley at wideout? Well actually we saw that before Amari came that year and everybody was crying like babies that Dak had no weapons.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I dont really know what I am looking at here. So youre telling me that he was amazing against winning teams until 2009-2016 and he fell off a cliff? lol.
Lol...I'm not telling you anything, You said look and this is what I found. I did mention the poster did not reference his stats. So I'm showing what I found, I'm not saying anything, it's just stats.

Redline360

Reaction score
Romo on any other serious "football" team had the skills to be a HOF quarteback without question. His teams especially defense were a complete **** show bar a select couple of years. Dak has been surronded by hugh talent on offense that the cowboys haven't seen in the longest of times.

I like Dak however Romo is by far the better quarterback hands down. Did Romo have tons of boneheaded picks? Sure, but he was trying to play miracle boy with the lack of talent on defense and even offense depending on the years.

With Romo you felt like we could comeback from behind at any time. Dak on the other hand is almost laughable in this aspect.

I find myself slowly joining the "bus driver" crowd.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Romo was an elite quarterback in a trainwreck franchise who could put the team on his back and win games on many occasions. Dak is entirely dependent on being surrounded by elite talent, and if one or two pieces are missing, he's awful. He needs near perfection around him to be successful.

Romo's arm talent and accuracy don't reside in Dak, and his ability to read coverages pre-snap and during the play were exceptional. Dak doesn't seem to be progressing in that regard whatsoever. Romo made receivers like Austin, Robinson, Hurd, and Beasley effective beyond their actual talent. Dak holds receivers back from their potential.

The difference between the two is night and day. Even before the PI call, Dak was 1 for 7 on 3rd downs for 11 yards. A healthy Romo wins that game Sunday night going away.
Romo? Elite?

He was a slightly above average quarterback who never accomplished anything.

Dak is better than him already.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Romo on any other serious "football" team had the skills to be a HOF quarteback without question. His teams especially defense were a complete **** show bar a select couple of years. Dak has been surronded by hugh talent on offense that the cowboys haven't seen in the longest of times.

I like Dak however Romo is by far the better quarterback hands down. Did Romo have tons of boneheaded picks? Sure, but he was trying to play miracle boy with the lack of talent on defense and even offense depending on the years.

With Romo you felt like we could comeback from behind at any time. Dak on the other hand is almost laughable in this aspect.

I find myself slowly joining the "bus driver" crowd.
With romo nobody ever felt we had a chance. He had an entire decade to win something....aanything at ALL.

We should’ve traded him for a second rounder when we had the chance.

Any remotely good quarterback under center Makes at least a conference championship in 07, 09, and 14

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
With romo nobody ever felt we had a chance. He had an entire decade to win something....aanything at ALL.

We should’ve traded him for a second rounder when we had the chance.

Any remotely good quarterback under center Makes at least a conference championship in 07, 09, and 14

And, how many conference games has the Daky Dak been to? (guess he's not this remotely QB, huh)? lmao

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

I'm not stuck on Dak any more than you claim you're stuck on Romo. I don't believe Dak has any more legitimate claim to $40 million than the man in the moon. I think Dak and Romo are on quite an equal level in terms of the chances of extracting a SB victory out of their competition. You may think 90% of the fans agree with you but that's a selfish observation on your part. Are you not aware of the fact that Romo is done and out of the picture now? It certainly doesn't appear that you are. Romo is a commentator now, nothing more. Live with that, if you can. Try dealing with reality from now on, in which Dak is the only QB in question, not Romo.

Dak is being allowed the opportunity to prove himself, whether you like it or not. Disrespecting his opportunity to prove himself only makes you appear unwilling to give a young, developing QB the same privileges that Romo enjoyed during his decade-long career that ended in bitter disappointment. Dak will either prove himself worthy of remaining with the Cowboys or he won't. That's what's at stake now as we converse. Distance yourself from your panicky inclination to jump the gun on proclaiming Dak a failure and you'll be saving yourself from much undue frustration. This thing will play out in due time.

Last edited: