Video: There are no excuses left for Dak’s mediocrity

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I don't know who that is.

What I see, is that Dak plays scared...like he has to do everything right when he really shouldn't. (might be the contract thing)...I just don't see the will to get his team going. Oh...

What else I saw, sorry. Dak sitting on the bench and telling the coach how he spit in the trash can and got it right in. If Troy came to the bench after a horrible play, oh hell no...no sitting down...he's up and cussing his *** off at his team, not trying to be the nice guy in the locker room. If Romo came off the field after a horrible play, the trainers would be adjusting his pads, looking for trauma...he would be telling his receiver what to do to win that game. Holly...

No Soup for you...at that price. Sell a bed.

The revisionist history around Tony Romo is truly a sight to behold.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Still in Utah, brother...I ain't wearing no mask either! lol

I've been looking at the Pioneer Restaurant on Central because I can order some authentic food where I grew up and you too. Some Green Chile stew...shipped up here where hungry man is. (make my mouth water). How is everything down in ABQ? Staying safe over all this nonsense because people can't have some chile...wth?

Me, I'm doing good. Tired of all this BS with the virus but I can still cook up some decent Green Chile Stew. Wife headed out to California yesterday so she's gone for a couple of days, maybe back by Friday, had fried pork Chop with eggs and some fresh chopped up green chile with some salt, pepper and cheese. Heated up a couple of Tortillas and had a breadfast burrito.

Tonight, it's Posole.

Come home Brother, Utah aint got nothing for you.

basel90

Reaction score
I'm not stuck on Dak any more than you claim you're stuck on Romo. I don't believe Dak has any more legitimate claim to $40 million than the man in the moon. I think Dak and Romo are on quite an equal level in terms of the chances of extracting a SB victory out of their competition. You may think 90% of the fans agree with you but that's a selfish observation on your part. Are you not aware of the fact that Romo is done and out of the picture now? It certainly doesn't appear that you are. Romo is a commentator now, nothing more. Live with that, if you can. Try dealing with reality from now on, in which Dak is the only QB in question, not Romo.

Dak is being allowed the opportunity to prove himself, whether you like it or not. Disrespecting his opportunity to prove himself only makes you appear unwilling to give a young, developing QB the same privileges that Romo enjoyed during his decade-long career that ended in bitter disappointment. Dak will either prove himself worthy of remaining with the Cowboys or he won't. That's what's at stake now as we converse. Distance yourself from your panicky inclination to jump the gun on proclaiming Dak a failure and you'll be saving yourself from much undue frustration. This thing will play out in due time.
1) you brought up the Romo comparison. And you have very little credibility if you think dak is better than Romo .

2) you are stuck on dak and that you will get this Franchise nowhere . Enjoy , you seem to be a dak slobberer .

fivetwos

Reaction score
Me, I'm doing good. Tired of all this BS with the virus but I can still cook up some decent Green Chile Stew. Wife headed out to California yesterday so she's gone for a couple of days, maybe back by Friday, had fried pork Chop with eggs and some fresh chopped up green chile with some salt, pepper and cheese. Heated up a couple of Tortillas and had a breadfast burrito.

Tonight, it's Posole.

Food like that is unheard of where I'm from, but it sounds great.

That why I love the @Ranching game menu threads.

Amazing how different food is in different parts of the same country.

Enjoy....

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Tonight, it's Posole.

What? Nothing for me? Here in Utah we can have 9 wives. What you mean nothing? I got it maid bro.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
1) you brought up the Romo comparison. And you have very little credibility if you think dak is better than Romo .

2) you are stuck on dak and that you will get this Franchise nowhere . Enjoy , you seem to be a dak slobberer .
Dak is better than romo.

although that doesn’t really mean much. romo was a mid tier quarterback at his best compared to top tier guys like Manning, Brady, and Brees.

We can only hope Dak makes the leap from average Ish to great this season

bigE79

Reaction score
Last season alone he changed plays at the line for touchdowns on multiple occasions. It was even brought up in the Minnesota game by the announcing crew. But sure. Keep living in Romo dream land. What did Romo win us again? I mean he had all the talent in 2014. What did he win again? He had TO and Witten and Ware and Murray in their primes. What did he win? Curious
You honestly going to bring up 2014 without bringing up the BS call? And did Romo play defense? Isn't that the excuse you give to dakota? And TO was not in his prime when he got here..you bias is showing again.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

1. Let me make it simple for you. You're wrong about me thinking Dak is better than Romo. They're both as unique as can be. I very much believe they're qualifications and limitations are likely to produce much the same results, however.

2. I'm no such thing as being "stuck on Dak." Your propensity for making false claims and assumptions are laughable. I think Dak is limited in his own way, just as I happen to think Romo was limited in his own way but each in a different way.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
What a stupid thread! I don’t think Dak has to prove anything to the Jones’s they are already sold. He may need to convince the fans and perhaps even relax his asking price but that’s just my opinion

basel90

Reaction score
1. Let me make it simple for you. You're wrong about me thinking Dak is better than Romo. They're both as unique as can be. I very much believe they're qualifications and limitations are likely to produce much the same results, however.

2. I'm no such thing as being "stuck on Dak." Your propensity for making false claims and assumptions are laughable. I think Dak is limited in his own way, just as I happen to think Romo was limited in his own way but each in a different way.
But you still believe dak is superior than Romo ? Have you noticed how lost dak is against good teams ? He simply has no ability to process defenses or engineer wins . It has to be an inferior team for him to click . We have seen this . I recall Romo would claw back wins and engineer drives . I don’t see dak doing this . I respect your opinion however . Let’s hope dak is the solution to the super bowl slump , which is all that matters .

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
But you still believe dak is superior than Romo ? Have you noticed how lost dak is against good teams ? He simply has no ability to process defenses or engineer wins . It has to be an inferior team for him to click . We have seen this . I recall Romo would claw back wins and engineer drives . I don’t see dak doing this . I respect your opinion however . Let’s hope dak is the solution to the super bowl slump , which is all that matters .

No, I absolutely do not believe Dak is superior to Romo. Both Romo and Dak had their failings against the better teams. Like I've just attempted to make it as clear as can possibly be to you, I think they both are very much alike in terms of the results they're likely to produce.

Romo had ten years to slowly improve to the point he ended up with. If his career ended with the same amount of time Dak has had now, their results would be much the same. I'm not really convinced either of them were or are very likely candidates to win a Super Bowl. I hope I'm wrong about Dak but right now, there's much left to yet be seen. This year may very possibly be a pivotal one for Dak, by the looks of things.

Last edited:

basel90

Reaction score
No, I absolutely do not believe Dak is superior to Romo. Both Romo and Dak had their failings against the better teams. Like I've just attempted to make it as clear as can possibly be to you, I think they both are very much alike in terms of the results they're likely to produce.

Romo had ten years to slowly improve to the point he ended up with. If his career ended with the same amount of time Dak has had now, their results would be much the same. I'm not really convinced either of them were or are very likely candidates to win a Super Bowl. I hope I'm wrong about Dak but right now, there's much left to yet be seen. This year may very possibly be a pivotal one for Dak, by the looks of things.
Agree . Romo did not have much success either .

Redline360

Reaction score
People must be *** delusional if they think Dak is better then Romo. Some good drugs going on.

Football is a TEAM sport. Wins/loses get thrown on quarterbacks by people who lack knowledge. To may moving parts however it cannot be denied the quarterback postion does play a huge role.

In his prime Romo was an elite quarterback that made no name players look good and always made fans feel like we had a chance. Did Romo have boneheaded plays? For sure. WDak is the complete opposite in this aspect.

Who cares about Romo now. He's retired lets focus on the team now. Dak is still a great quarterback but something needs to click soon to jump up another tier

catiii

Reaction score
I don't think that's an excuse..

Brady was a 6th round pick for a reason..

Wilson 3rd round for a reason.

If they had a draft re-do all of those guys would be 1st round picks including Dak.

Dak just needs to make plays and he needs to do it against teams that aren't terrible.

Atlanta is a team he should do well against.
Atlanta D Will have Dak running for his life and our D on their heels the entire game because Tyan will tear them apart. Repeat performance and a loss at the home field.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You honestly going to bring up 2014 without bringing up the BS call? And did Romo play defense? Isn't that the excuse you give to dakota? And TO was not in his prime when he got here..you bias is showing again.
Ummm. That’s the point I was making. I’m not bias. I’m just saying if we can afford Romo all the excuses our current QB deserves the same.