CFZ There are reasons for hope AND reasons for pessimism

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hell I'm more optimistic about our chances after the Washington game, I don't see this team laying an egg as they did vs Washington. Cowboys this season have always responded very well after a loss. I also think Cowboys are the much better team over than Tampa Bay.
I don’t think we had two losses in a row this season. They always seem to pick it up after a loss. They always play better according to the competition. That’s just how this thing works for this franchise.

Aven8

Reaction score
I good reason for pessimism is the way the Cowboys have played lately. Last Sunday was an abomination on offense. Dak was pitiful. The defense played a bit better but they were playing a bad offense with a rookie QB.

For the first 13 games or so I thought the Cowboys were different. They seemed to show a resilience I have not seem from them in years. But the last for or 5 games they have not been the same team that made big plays when they need one. I am wondering if the team that won some of those 12 games in big fashion will show up on Monday, or will we get something like the team that looked so awful against the Commanders.
You bring up a good point. I thought they were different as well. Having said that I’m curious if once they knew they were in the playoffs that that lull happened? When did we clinch? My bet is that lull happened soon after.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
There’s no hope here at CZ. Have you been reading the threads? It’s like Planet of the Hapes and the Hapes have taken over.
Think your blame is misdirected. Fans have nothing to do with the last 27 years of futility. Blame those who are at fault and not come here with your "haters" mantra.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Tampa's OC has had too much time to find ways to cancel the BULL RUSHING Parsons, so Brady will have a field day showing Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot that he doesn't belong is the rare air that he plays in. Look for WENTZ 2.0 to start slow and implode in the 1st half and put the Boys too far behind to be competitive in this game! BOOK IT JR!

shabazz

Reaction score
Will get ready to do the dim bow!

I can understand you’re pessimism. It’s well deserved. I just believe the Boys will respond and win big……but beyond that, they usually regress. The cycle never stops here

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob trying to play both sides so he can claim he was right on Tuesday.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Tampa's OC has had too much time to find ways to cancel the BULL RUSHING Parsons, so Brady will have a field day showing Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot that he doesn't belong is the rare air that he plays in. Look for WENTZ 2.0 to start slow and implode in the 1st half and put the Boys too far behind to be competitive in this game! BOOK IT JR!
Who are you calling Junior? Lol.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, he has similar statistics to Brady. Screw Tampa.

plasticman

Reaction score
Here is a reason for hope when it colmes to an issue that had been plaguing the Cowboys:

Over the past five weeks the Cowboys are in a tie for committing the LEAST amount of penalties with 18.

That is an average of 3.6 penalties a game. During the previous 12 games they had the 2nd most penalties and had been averaging 7.2 penalties a game.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It was a college study, everybody in the stadium was supposed to be as positive as they could. The team that they were rooting for won. There’s something about the positive energy. It just flows. What negativity will suck the life from you. If you let it.
Boy, that sure sounds like science!

Yeah, right.