There is a reason

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
....why #22 is still my favorite player of all time!! Give him a listen on DC.com. He has it together. Brother Dez could learn a thing or two from a player who's number was 1/4 of his but who's heart and mind have no equal in the game. Took a pounding throughout his carreer, no punch drunk fool is 22. Thank you Emmitt for the memories, for the very positive role model you have become after football

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would give you a like, but the Dez dig was not needed.

Emmitt is my all time favorite player. I wanted them to draft him, and I am just as excited about Zeke, as I was calling for him for 2 years to be drafted.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'll give you a like and I wish I could give you another like for the Dez dig @jazzcat22 is so opposed to. Lol
I would give you a like, but the Dez dig was not needed.

Emmitt is my all time favorite player. I wanted them to draft him, and I am just as excited about Zeke, as I was calling for him for 2 years to be drafted.

No worries guyz. It wasn't intended as a dig at Dez. Emmitt is a little older and wiser. Dez may get there. Yep, E was amazing. Can measure speed, vertical jump, 3 cone drill, size and on and on but can't measure heart and desire. E had that in spades and he still looks like a million bucks. Looks like life is good for him and good to him.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
If you are a true Cowboy fan it is hard not to love Emmitt and Michael. Their attitude was "win or die trying". That doesnt exist anymore.

man we were blessed back then weren't we. I think I knew it too. Almost got there with Tony, Witt and Dez. Sadly for one, it won't happen. For the other 2, who knows

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
....why #22 is still my favorite player of all time!! Give him a listen on DC.com. He has it together. Brother Dez could learn a thing or two from a player who's number was 1/4 of his but who's heart and mind have no equal in the game. Took a pounding throughout his carreer, no punch drunk fool is 22. Thank you Emmitt for the memories, for the very positive role model you have become after football
I will be wearing his jersey next weekend at the draft. Favorite for me as well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#22 has no equal in football.

when I was married and living in South Florida at the time. I followed Emmitt's high school and college careers.
when he announced he was entering the draft, I wanted Jimmy to draft him. He almost blew it twice by trying to trade up for LB's, Francis, then Lathon.

When Emmitt kept slipping I was going nuts, hoping he would slip to Dallas, but would have been mad if Jimmy passed. When he traded up ahead of the giants who also needed a RB, and took Emmitt I was jumping up out of the chair, screaming HELL YES...my wife and son thought I went insane...well, more insane..LOL...I told them Dallas will win the SB in a few years or so by selecting Emmitt as he was the missing piece as they had Michael and Troy.

Though Haley was the catalyst on D when they got him.

I was just as excited about them drafting Zeke, though we need much more help still. Like coaching for one. LOL.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
when I was married and living in South Florida at the time. I followed Emmitt's high school and college careers.
when he announced he was entering the draft, I wanted Jimmy to draft him. He almost blew it twice by trying to trade up for LB's, Francis, then Lathon.

When Emmitt kept slipping I was going nuts, hoping he would slip to Dallas, but would have been mad if Jimmy passed. When he traded up ahead of the giants who also needed a RB, and took Emmitt I was jumping up out of the chair, screaming HELL YES...my wife and son thought I went insane...well, more insane..LOL...I told them Dallas will win the SB in a few years or so by selecting Emmitt as he was the missing piece as they had Michael and Troy.

Though Haley was the catalyst on D when they got him.

I was just as excited about them drafting Zeke, though we need much more help still. Like coaching for one. LOL.

I wasn't a draft guy back then. I was busy drafting a new life partner. Fortunately she was more tolerant then the first. She still doesn't get my fanaticism but then again I don't get hers for shoes either hehe.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Can we just draft Emmitt's son EJ now? Holy cow have you seen his highlights!

Crap I envy you guys with all your football tape and stuff. I'll have to buy a ten gallon hat and spurs and mosey on down. gidde up donkay lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he still got cut....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn't a draft guy back then. I was busy drafting a new life partner. Fortunately she was more tolerant then the first. She still doesn't get my fanaticism but then again I don't get hers for shoes either hehe.

I was into the drafts far more way back then, compared to now.
For several reasons. You had to get magazines and newspapers to get a lists of players and their rankings. Then there was the entire rebuilding of the team and all the draft picks Dallas had from the Walsh trade, and even Steve Walsh, we got 3 picks for him. all the draft day trades from Jimmy and jerry. It was actually an exciting time. To see what they would do, and how they would improve.

I would have my highlighters and pens ready, marking off as players would be selected and who we could possibly get.

The Palm Beach Post had a fantastic sports section, one of the best I have seen. They would have a great ranking list of all the top 20 players at each position. I stopped doing that after the won SB XXVII.

Now I just read and look at list, get info from on here and other places. Don't do the lists anymore. I did for a few years about 4 or5 years ago, but just to see where the players we drafted were ranked at overall.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I was into the drafts far more way back then, compared to now.
For several reasons. You had to get magazines and newspapers to get a lists of players and their rankings. Then there was the entire rebuilding of the team and all the draft picks Dallas had from the Walsh trade, and even Steve Walsh, we got 3 picks for him. all the draft day trades from Jimmy and jerry. It was actually an exciting time. To see what they would do, and how they would improve.

I would have my highlighters and pens ready, marking off as players would be selected and who we could possibly get.

The Palm Beach Post had a fantastic sports section, one of the best I have seen. They would have a great ranking list of all the top 20 players at each position. I stopped doing that after the won SB XXVII.

Now I just read and look at list, get info from on here and other places. Don't do the lists anymore. I did for a few years about 4 or5 years ago, but just to see where the players we drafted were ranked at overall.

I have kept all my draft guides since 1988.