There is one main problem with this team, until this changes nothing else will...

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Jerry must resign as GM.

Now before you start bashing this old timer, let me just say I have been a die hard Cowboy fan since 1965, definitely not on the bandwagon'

That being said...I rarely post on the Zone, but have been a longtime member and an avid reader, so I am going to apologize in advance for the rant.

To the point...

Gm Jerry put this cast of characters together. Not saying that there aren't some proven winners on this club...but let's face it, something is rotton in Dallas.

The GM has been responsible for the Coaching carousel that has been the Cowboys plague since he had the "smarts" to hire Jimmy Johnson...and before you annoint Jerrah as the greatest GM ever, he also had the "stupids" to fire Jimmy, so it all evens out.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Jerry. As so many before me have pointed out, he is the BEST owner in the league, can't deny that the man wants to win.

But when was the last time that GM Jerry put together a Championship team???...And don't say the Cowboys of the 90's, those were Jimmy's picks.

One last thing, I realize that we have been bitten by the injury bug this year, but truly I do not think that is what is really ailing this club. Sure as heck wasn't the reason for our meltdown in the playoffs last season. Let's face it, injuries happen on every team....that's what separates the men from the Boys.

Until Owner Jerry fires GM Jerry ...which will in turn allow for a Coach to come in here and do his job, then I am afraid we are going to keep travelling down this insane path. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

We've changed Players
We've changed Coaches
Heck we've even changed Defensive Schemes

But the results have not changed :banghead:

Can ANYONE here honestly say that there is any other team in the league that would not have fired GM Jerry by now...if so, I would love to hear your argument.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Old timers love to eat prunes and blame their Cowboy troubles on Jerry

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Brainpaint, next time create an ***Official Jerry Must Resign as GM*** thread.

This has to be the 20th since yesterday. Apparently the others are all invisible and we needed a new one.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2361051 said:

This has to be the 20th since yesterday. Apparently the others are all invisible and we needed a new one.
:squirrel:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile;2361051 said:

:muttley:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This roster is solid and were in good cap shape.

How about we look to the people who are actually playing/coaching?

i realize that it seems like an easy solution but Jerry is not the problem. He cannot make the players tackle and block. He can only bring in players that have the talent to tackle and block.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hostile;2361051 said:

Hos tellin granpa to get glasses or get off the road!

How bout dem Cowboys!

dre1614

Reaction score
I think part of the problem is we just have too many idiots on our team. I think Bill even said this before...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
MissionCoach;2360903 said:
Now before you start bashing this old timer, let me just say I have been a die hard Cowboy fan since 1965, definitely not on the bandwagon'

Let me guess. You've written a lot of letters to Dallas Cowboys Weekly, right?

And that's too many Landry visuals. In that old man's last 10 years, he often sucked even more than Phillips. If that is possible.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
dre1614;2361094 said:
I think part of the problem is we just have too many idiots on our team. I think Bill even said this before...

As a proud Fighting Idiot from Farmers Branch, I can vouch for that.

We know idiots when we see one. I am one myself, proud and feisty.
The difference is we don't get paid no big monies like them Cowboys gets.
But we is just as handsome and strong.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2361081 said:
This roster is solid and were in good cap shape.

How about we look to the people who are actually playing/coaching?

i realize that it seems like an easy solution but Jerry is not the problem. He cannot make the players tackle and block. He can only bring in players that have the talent to tackle and block.

Very true, but isn't the GM responsible for bringing in a good portion of the talent...and Jerry's presence has neutralized just about every Head Coach we've had in here since Jimmy, and that includes Bill Parcell, just my 2 cents.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
Hostile;2361051 said:

It's a waste of time and energy to keep making these threads anyway. Jerry is going to be GM and that's not going to change no matter how many threads are made.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
MissionCoach;2360903 said:
Jerry must resign as GM.

That being said...I rarely post on the Zone, but have been a longtime member and an avid reader, so I am going to apologize in advance for the rant.

To the point...

Gm Jerry put this cast of characters together. Not saying that there aren't some proven winners on this club...but let's face it, something is rotton in Dallas.

The GM has been responsible for the Coaching carousel that has been the Cowboys plague since he had the "smarts" to hire Jimmy Johnson...and before you annoint Jerrah as the greatest GM ever, he also had the "stupids" to fire Jimmy, so it all evens out.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Jerry. As so many before me have pointed out, he is the BEST owner in the league, can't deny that the man wants to win.

But when was the last time that GM Jerry put together a Championship team???...And don't say the Cowboys of the 90's, those were Jimmy's picks.

One last thing, I realize that we have been bitten by the injury bug this year, but truly I do not think that is what is really ailing this club. Sure as heck wasn't the reason for our meltdown in the playoffs last season. Let's face it, injuries happen on every team....that's what separates the men from the Boys.

Until Owner Jerry fires GM Jerry ...which will in turn allow for a Coach to come in here and do his job, then I am afraid we are going to keep travelling down this insane path. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

We've changed Players
We've changed Coaches
Heck we've even changed Defensive Schemes

But the results have not changed :banghead:

Can ANYONE here honestly say that there is any other team in the league that would not have fired GM Jerry by now...if so, I would love to hear your argument.

excellent post!!