There is one main problem with this team, until this changes nothing else will...

GMen86

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2361081 said:
This roster is solid and were in good cap shape.

How about we look to the people who are actually playing/coaching?

i realize that it seems like an easy solution but Jerry is not the problem. He cannot make the players tackle and block. He can only bring in players that have the talent to tackle and block.
The roster is not solid. A cohesive team is more important than a roster full of probowlers. This has been proven time and time again.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Parcells handpicked some terrible draft picks including but not limited to Spears, Carpenter, Jacob Rogers, Fasano, etc. I for one don't buy into the argument taht we got great players late in those drafts. The quality of players in the first 3 rounds are much higher and our team could be MUCH better with smarter picks. I hold both he and JJ responsible, but since JJ isn't going anywhere, I'll pick BP to blame.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2361051 said:
Brainpaint, next time create an ***Official Jerry Must Resign as GM*** thread.

This has to be the 20th since yesterday. Apparently the others are all invisible and we needed a new one.

agreed - of all the fire threads

Fire GM JJ - is the most deserved followed by DC, then Wade

Redball was scoring 30 points a game pre Roy #11 fiasco/distraction and handed Brad Johnson to play ball with. Fire Redball threads are baseless and wrong.

yentl911

Reaction score
I think Jerry is constantly trying to prove that he is a "Football Man" but he just isn't. he is a passionate owner and the best in the NFL in my opinion, but he needs to leave the football decisions to someone that has the skill set to do so on a much hiher level than Jerry can.

I love Jerry but he needs a GM...

jimmy40

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2361081 said:
This roster is solid and were in good cap shape.

How about we look to the people who are actually playing/coaching?

i realize that it seems like an easy solution but Jerry is not the problem. He cannot make the players tackle and block. He can only bring in players that have the talent to tackle and block.
he could NOT sign players that need 24 hour babysitters.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Nors;2361398 said:

Redball was scoring 30 points a game pre Roy #11 fiasco/distraction and handed Brad Johnson to play ball with. Fire Redball threads are baseless and wrong.
What the hell was the distraction Nors? that one pass thrown out of bounds to him?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
MissionCoach;2361237 said:
Very true, but isn't the GM responsible for bringing in a good portion of the talent...and Jerry's presence has neutralized just about every Head Coach we've had in here since Jimmy, and that includes Bill Parcell, just my 2 cents.

So its Jerry fault that Bill was long in the tooth?

I realize that scapegoats are comforting but thats all this is.

Boysboy

Reaction score
MissionCoach;2361237 said:
Very true, but isn't the GM responsible for bringing in a good portion of the talent...and Jerry's presence has neutralized just about every Head Coach we've had in here since Jimmy, and that includes Bill Parcell, just my 2 cents.

How does this include Parcells? He gave tons of control over to him.

Boysboy

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2361431 said:
Another, 'I dont know wth is going on so lets blame Pacman' post. Great.

Even though most here won't admit it, we would prolly be 2-5 without the Pac. After all, of the 16 passes defended, 11 are by HIM.

jimmy40

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2361431 said:
Another, 'I dont know wth is going on so lets blame Pacman' post. Great.
I don't blame Pacman for anything, I knew he was a thug that would get suspended and so did he. Jerry's the moron that put this turd over every other player by hiring babysitters for him. Hey, maybe Fisher will take him back since their defense is struggling so much without him.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Boysboy;2361428 said:
How does this include Parcells? He gave tons of control over to him.

Parcells probably had the most control since Jimmy, but it was strained...just my opinion.

You can only have 1 Sherrif in town...the Players know who really calls the shots in Big D, and it ain't the Head Coach.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
jimmy40;2361451 said:
I don't blame Pacman for anything, I knew he was a thug that would get suspended and so did he. Jerry's the moron that put this turd over every other player by hiring babysitters for him. Hey, maybe Fisher will take him back since their defense is struggling so much without him.

Yeah you sure have him pegged.... :rolleyes:

i am sure people are real proud of you.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Nors;2361398 said:

If by 30 points a game you mean 2 times all season.

dre1614

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2361480 said:
If by 30 points a game you mean 2 times all season.

could have scored 30 vs the Browns if we tried to score at the end. The offense is the least of our worries right now.

jimmy40

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2361459 said:
Yeah you sure have him pegged.... :rolleyes:

i am sure people are real proud of you.
He was pegged long before he got here. I can't wait till the thug gets back so we can start not being able to depend on him again. What a great guy to root for.

superpunk

Reaction score
Our last two head coaches had weak chins.

As much as I love him, Bill Parcells was a game-quitter. If you put it to him he'd sulk and pack up his ball and go home. He gave alot of the same hopeless answers that Wade gives.

And Wade - he barely gets into the game. He's not a head coach, he's a cheerleader.

Attitude reflects leadership. This is a talented roster full of great players who have shown and proven that they're capable of GREAT things.

The need a real leader.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
MissionCoach;2360903 said:
Jerry must resign as GM.

Now before you start bashing this old timer, let me just say I have been a die hard Cowboy fan since 1965, definitely not on the bandwagon'

That being said...I rarely post on the Zone, but have been a longtime member and an avid reader, so I am going to apologize in advance for the rant.

To the point...

Gm Jerry put this cast of characters together. Not saying that there aren't some proven winners on this club...but let's face it, something is rotton in Dallas.

The GM has been responsible for the Coaching carousel that has been the Cowboys plague since he had the "smarts" to hire Jimmy Johnson...and before you annoint Jerrah as the greatest GM ever, he also had the "stupids" to fire Jimmy, so it all evens out.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Jerry. As so many before me have pointed out, he is the BEST owner in the league, can't deny that the man wants to win.

But when was the last time that GM Jerry put together a Championship team???...And don't say the Cowboys of the 90's, those were Jimmy's picks.

One last thing, I realize that we have been bitten by the injury bug this year, but truly I do not think that is what is really ailing this club. Sure as heck wasn't the reason for our meltdown in the playoffs last season. Let's face it, injuries happen on every team....that's what separates the men from the Boys.

Until Owner Jerry fires GM Jerry ...which will in turn allow for a Coach to come in here and do his job, then I am afraid we are going to keep travelling down this insane path. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

We've changed Players
We've changed Coaches
Heck we've even changed Defensive Schemes

But the results have not changed :banghead:

Can ANYONE here honestly say that there is any other team in the league that would not have fired GM Jerry by now...if so, I would love to hear your argument.

Yeah.... Whatever.. He is the owner stupid. Why don't you just kick your own *** off of this website for making stupid comments like that. No one from the cowboys organization give's a **** what you say. You just don't get on this website and say okay "mission coach" said.... Especially towards my main man the oil man JJ.
HAHAHAHAHAH

MissionCoach

Reaction score
DABOYZ;2361543 said:
Yeah.... Whatever.. He is the owner stupid. Why don't you just kick your own *** off of this website for making stupid comments like that. No one from the cowboys organization give's a **** what you say. You just don't get on this website and say okay "mission coach" said.... Especially my main man the oil man JJ.
HAHAHAHAHAH

:rolleyes: who pissed in your Cheerios dude???
Last time I looked this was a discussion board
Now put down the caffeine and back away slowly

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2361509 said:
Our last two head coaches had weak chins.

As much as I love him, Bill Parcells was a game-quitter. If you put it to him he'd sulk and pack up his ball and go home. He gave alot of the same hopeless answers that Wade gives.

And Wade - he barely gets into the game. He's not a head coach, he's a cheerleader.

Attitude reflects leadership. This is a talented roster full of great players who have shown and proven that they're capable of GREAT things.

The need a real leader.
Post of the day.