There is one main problem with this team, until this changes nothing else will...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MissionCoach;2361453 said:
Parcells probably had the most control since Jimmy, but it was strained...just my opinion.

You can only have 1 Sherrif in town...the Players know who really calls the shots in Big D, and it ain't the Head Coach.

I think the TO signing was the end of the Parcells/JJ relationship. At the end JJ overruled Tuna there - JMO

utrunner07

Reaction score
superpunk;2361509 said:
Our last two head coaches had weak chins.

As much as I love him, Bill Parcells was a game-quitter. If you put it to him he'd sulk and pack up his ball and go home. He gave alot of the same hopeless answers that Wade gives.

And Wade - he barely gets into the game. He's not a head coach, he's a cheerleader.

Attitude reflects leadership. This is a talented roster full of great players who have shown and proven that they're capable of GREAT things.

The need a real leader.

We have had 5 weak head coaches in a row. We have had 6 head coaches under Jerry and none have been here longer than 4 years. Who keeps appointing these weak head coaches?

(And don't think for a second the weak head coaches were not appointed for the exact reason that they were weak head coaches.)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells has 2 Super Bowl wins and has rebuilt wherever he has gone. Unfair weak chin shot.... Maybe a coach mid 60's not all that he was but I think the players are proving him correct some here.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
utrunner07;2361588 said:
We have had 5 weak head coaches in a row. We have had 6 head coaches under Jerry and none have been here longer than 4 years. Who keeps appointing these weak head coaches?

You are out of your mind if you think Parcells is a weak head coach. But thanks for making my point, fire JJ the GM!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors;2361579 said:
I think the TO signing was the end of the Parcells/JJ relationship. At the end JJ overruled Tuna there - JMO
Then Parcells ought to grow a pair of nads.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2361576 said:
Post of the day.
I completely agree with you.

And I didn't realize it until recently, when I was pondering why I simply cannot stand Wade Phillips. And when I started to isolate the points in my head, I realized that Bill did the exact same things.

Your head coach doesn't have to be a playcalling genius, an innovative playmaker. He doesn't have to be young or old, fiery or passive. He doesn't even need to know what the ******* plays are.

But he does need to be determined. He need to be a motivator. He needs to be able to convince the troops that they're capable of so much more than they actually are. And when times are tough, he needs to be more confident than ever. Our last two coaches have lacked that big time. It's not an issue of scheme or fire or outdated defense or camp cupcake. Our head coaches are game-quitters, people who fold the second you hit them in the mouth.

Subsequently we've got a team full of game-quitters.

I offer this second post of the day, as I drop troof bombs from this hotel. I thought about starting a new thread about it, but figured that only makes the problem worse and decided to drop it in one of the countless "Fire *blank*" threads. Consider yourself special, MissionCoach.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2361480 said:
If by 30 points a game you mean 2 times all season.

AVERAGED

= 29.17 POINTS A GAME

Lets fire Redball - he SUCKS

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
And when times are tough, he needs to be more confident than ever. Our last two coaches have lacked that big time.

Sultan 6 on Parcells!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS GOOD STUFF!

superpunk

Reaction score
Nors;2361605 said:
And when times are tough, he needs to be more confident than ever. Our last two coaches have lacked that big time.

Sultan 6 on Parcells!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS GOOD STUFF!

I'm convinced that you have some sort of learning disability. You can't handle the truth.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2361594 said:
Then Parcells ought to grow a pair of nads.

He did and walked away - He had/has financial considerations divorce/House in Saratoga and played the year out and then opted out and said I'm out. $6M large to stay, he is a Jersey guy at heart. That all said he gave it his all to the end as his legacy/Ego is huge - JMO

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2361601 said:
I completely agree with you.

And I didn't realize it until recently, when I was pondering why I simply cannot stand Wade Phillips. And when I started to isolate the points in my head, I realized that Bill did the exact same things.

Your head coach doesn't have to be a playcalling genius, an innovative playmaker. He doesn't have to be young or old, fiery or passive. He doesn't even need to know what the ******* plays are.

But he does need to be determined. He need to be a motivator. He needs to be able to convince the troops that they're capable of so much more than they actually are. And when times are tough, he needs to be more confident than ever. Our last two coaches have lacked that big time. It's not an issue of scheme or fire or outdated defense or camp cupcake. Our head coaches are game-quitters, people who fold the second you hit them in the mouth.

Subsequently we've got a team full of game-quitters.

I offer this second post of the day, as I drop troof bombs from this hotel. I thought about starting a new thread about it, but figured that only makes the problem worse and decided to drop it in one of the countless "Fire *blank*" threads. Consider yourself special, MissionCoach.
2nd post of the day.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I'm convinced that you have some sort of learning disability. You can't handle the truth.[/QUOTE]

No, Parcells is a mentally tough coach, hall of fame calibre. He turned this organization dead around. 2000/2001/2002? you remember that?

Getting past the personal insult why Is Parcells a terrible Coach/GM?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors;2361620 said:
He did and walked away - He had/has financial considerations divorce/House in Saratoga and played the year out and then opted out and said I'm out. $6M large to stay, he is a Jersey guy at heart. That all said he gave it his all to the end as his legacy/Ego is huge - JMO
Walking away is not growing a pair. It is severely lacking a pair.

Being a Jersey guy doesn't mean squat. I had a college roommate who was from jersey. He was a weak, incompetent fool. He couldn't find backbone if he gutted a fish.

superpunk

Reaction score
Nors;2361626 said:
No, Parcells is a mentally tough coach, hall of fame calibre. He turned this organization dead around. 2000/2001/2002? you remember that?

Getting past the personal insult why Is Parcells a terrible Coach/GM?
Please direct me to the post where I described Parcells as a terrible Coach/GM.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2361630 said:
Please direct me to the post where I described Parcells as a terrible Coach/GM.
You didn't gush and genuflect.

Boysboy

Reaction score
MissionCoach;2361453 said:
Parcells probably had the most control since Jimmy, but it was strained...just my opinion.

You can only have 1 Sherrif in town...the Players know who really calls the shots in Big D, and it ain't the Head Coach.

Like I and a couple of others said on other threads-Parcells had AS MUCH to do with bringing Owens here like Jerry. Sure, it was Jerry's idea, and yes, JJ was drooling over him since he got kicked off the Eagles...however-Parcells DID have the final authorization over this. And for that matter, even Bledsoe and Dan Campbell said Tuna wanted Owens.

If you like, I can post articles here to prove it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Nors;2361602 said:
AVERAGED

= 29.17 POINTS A GAME

Lets fire Redball - he SUCKS

My only gripe with Redball is that he rarely calls screens and short crossing routes to TO. Both SF and Philly did alot of that with him, but I'm shocked Redball hasn't done much of that.

But other than that, I think Garrett has done a fine job. I hope he stays for awhile.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Nors;2361590 said:
Parcells has 2 Super Bowl wins and has rebuilt wherever he has gone. Unfair weak chin shot.... Maybe a coach mid 60's not all that he was but I think the players are proving him correct some here.

The downside about him is that he's NOT long-term. Yes, I agree, he will turn your organization around into competitors, and fairly quickly(like he did with the Giants, Pats, and Jets). However-he's also like a ticking time bomb. If he feels things don't go his way, he could bolt unexpectedly...like he did after taking the Pats to the Super Bowl, and after only 3 years with the NYJ. Heck-with the Giants, he wanted to bolt after '87 or '88, but the Mara family made sure he stayed put.

OTOH-look at coaches like Cowher and Fisher-they've lasted for many years with their respective teams...giving them continuity.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
MissionCoach;2360903 said:
Jerry must resign as GM.

Now before you start bashing this old timer, let me just say I have been a die hard Cowboy fan since 1965, definitely not on the bandwagon'

That being said...I rarely post on the Zone, but have been a longtime member and an avid reader, so I am going to apologize in advance for the rant.

To the point...

Gm Jerry put this cast of characters together. Not saying that there aren't some proven winners on this club...but let's face it, something is rotton in Dallas.

The GM has been responsible for the Coaching carousel that has been the Cowboys plague since he had the "smarts" to hire Jimmy Johnson...and before you annoint Jerrah as the greatest GM ever, he also had the "stupids" to fire Jimmy, so it all evens out.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Jerry. As so many before me have pointed out, he is the BEST owner in the league, can't deny that the man wants to win.

But when was the last time that GM Jerry put together a Championship team???...And don't say the Cowboys of the 90's, those were Jimmy's picks.

One last thing, I realize that we have been bitten by the injury bug this year, but truly I do not think that is what is really ailing this club. Sure as heck wasn't the reason for our meltdown in the playoffs last season. Let's face it, injuries happen on every team....that's what separates the men from the Boys.

Until Owner Jerry fires GM Jerry ...which will in turn allow for a Coach to come in here and do his job, then I am afraid we are going to keep travelling down this insane path. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

We've changed Players
We've changed Coaches
Heck we've even changed Defensive Schemes

But the results have not changed :banghead:

Can ANYONE here honestly say that there is any other team in the league that would not have fired GM Jerry by now...if so, I would love to hear your argument.

You're right about Jerry and the GM thing but the Chiefs would have kept him. Their clown GM has been there for 20 years now and God only knows when they last won a playoff game.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2361081 said:
This roster is solid and were in good cap shape.

How about we look to the people who are actually playing/coaching?

i realize that it seems like an easy solution but Jerry is not the problem. He cannot make the players tackle and block. He can only bring in players that have the talent to tackle and block.

Stop making sensible posts. But Jerry has small problems with an overall above average grade.

GimmeTheBall!;2361156 said:
Let me guess. You've written a lot of letters to Dallas Cowboys Weekly, right?

And that's too many Landry visuals. In that old man's last 10 years, he often sucked even more than Phillips. If that is possible.

You don't know what you're talking about. Late 70s teams all SB caliper. Early 80s all SB caliper. Last few years he had trouble adapting but he didn't suddenly turn into an idiot. Idiots show up real early in life and stay that way. See below.

GimmeTheBall!;2361169 said:
As a proud Fighting Idiot from Farmers Branch, I can vouch for that.

We know idiots when we see one. I am one myself, proud and feisty.
The difference is we don't get paid no big monies like them Cowboys gets.
But we is just as handsome and strong.

This time you're mostly right. See above.

Nors;2361398 said:
agreed - of all the fire threads

Fire GM JJ - is the most deserved followed by DC, then Wade

Redball was scoring 30 points a game pre Roy #11 fiasco/distraction and handed Brad Johnson to play ball with. Fire Redball threads are baseless and wrong.

near 30 ok but RWR was not a distraction. Distraction didn't play Sunday.

jimmy40;2361424 said:
What the hell was the distraction Nors? that one pass thrown out of bounds to him?

:muttley:

dre1614;2361499 said:
could have scored 30 vs the Browns if we tried to score at the end. The offense is the least of our worries right now.

Wrong. The offense is the worst of our worries right now. Remember 25 plus a game is necessary. The only thing arguably worse is either the turnovers for sure and I'd not argue with STs too much.

Boysboy;2361660 said:
The downside about him is that he's NOT long-term. Yes, I agree, he will turn your organization around into competitors, and fairly quickly(like he did with the Giants, Pats, and Jets). However-he's also like a ticking time bomb. If he feels things don't go his way, he could bolt unexpectedly...like he did after taking the Pats to the Super Bowl, and after only 3 years with the NYJ. Heck-with the Giants, he wanted to bolt after '87 or '88, but the Mara family made sure he stayed put.

OTOH-look at coaches like Cowher and Fisher-they've lasted for many years with their respective teams...giving them continuity.

Parcells main problem. You couldn't trust him to stay. I actually think he may stay in Miami though. Expectations not as great as here. Less pressure and less press crap with no JJ crap. Those two guys played together very well and my hats still off to JJ for gutting it out. That had to have just killed him.

Parcells only other real problem is he is a control freak and his Jedi mind games wear on the team. Losing is the worse thing then taking the fun out of life the other for a football team.