There should be 3 games on Saturday, 3 games on Sunday

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
For some reason, I thought at least one of the games was starting now, and was disappointed to find they are all late games Saturday AND Sunday.

Why even have a 4:30PM EST Monday game??? If you have to do MNF, just do the normal one game in evening, and put the second game as an early Sunday game like the rest of the regular season.

Was listening to Jones Boys interviews on FAN, and they talked about hating to play on Saturdays. 17 game schedules, and one less team with a bye week. They really should try and put these aligned as much as possible to avoid advantages or disadvantages from extended game schedules.

And us as fans. I already piss off my wife enough having to watch this much football. At least give me the break of 2 days instead of 3.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
For some reason, I thought at least one of the games was starting now, and was disappointed to find they are all late games Saturday AND Sunday.

Why even have a 4:30PM EST Monday game??? If you have to do MNF, just do the normal one game in evening, and put the second game as an early Sunday game like the rest of the regular season.

Was listening to Jones Boys interviews on FAN, and they talked about hating to play on Saturdays. 17 game schedules, and one less team with a bye week. They really should try and put these aligned as much as possible to avoid advantages or disadvantages from extended game schedules.

And us as fans. I already piss off my wife enough having to watch this much football. At least give me the break of 2 days instead of 3.
Sadly with the owners wanting more money it’s more likely in the future we will get double headers on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Of course the answer is revenue.

Based on history, more people will watch Monday evening than Sunday afternoon at 1pm.

Case closed.

It's America, revenue > everything else. It's who we are!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The more I think of it, I kind of like 2 games each day for 3 days. But do not make it a regular thing.

I don’t like the later games and night games. Make them earlier By a few hours.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yea im usually in the "more football on different days, the better" crowd but I'd really prefer the playoffs to just be on the weekends
it is a holiday weekend.

No reason for the league not to take advantage of that

And, also, as we've seen. It is Winter. That Bills game would have been moved to Monday regardless. This situation with the playoffs being in Winter will continue.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

There were three games scheduled for Sunday. This morning Buffalo/Pittsburgh was postponed to Monday due to a blizzard.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score

Well Monday is a holiday a large number of people are off work.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
There were three games scheduled for Sunday. This morning Buffalo/Pittsburgh was postponed to Monday due to a blizzard.
Yeah, I caught the blizzard news after this. But I have my opinions on that too, having driven up there during these storms, and a spouse who grew up there. Always take care of people's safety, but it's not as bad as people often make it. Won't go further than that though because I haven't watched the weather news up there.

Ideally, I would like to see ALL games on Sunday. And I think that is the most fair for everyone. But I know that's a pipe dream.

Creeper

Reaction score
I agree. They should play all the games on the weekend. What if the Buffalo game had been scheduled on Monday, with the storm forecast for Monday instead of Sunday. Would they move it to Tuesday? That would seem like a big disadvantage for the winning team going into the next round.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Well they moved one to Monday already...

Steelers-Bills game postponed due to inclement weather in Buffalo, will be played Monday​

blueblood70

Reaction score
You should call Goodell and complain.
Also odd right we should complain why would you have a game today or I should say tonight only be on a paid subscription only broadcast a whole lot of people are not gonna be viewing the playoff game,,,

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This is how it used to be the first season it went to the expanded 7 team per conference playoffs. Believe it was 2020 season. Then in 2021, they decided to have a MNF playoff game. Not a big fan but Monday night is a big ratings slot for them so they want to do it. Ratings haven't tanked so no reason to move away from it.

J12B

Reaction score

Thank you for sharing, Mr. Schedule Maker.