There's only 2 correct answers at QB

Chasing6

Reaction score
1) Extend Dak.
2) Cut or trade Dak and start Trey Lance in 2024 to see what you got.

If they start Dak without extending him just to move on after the season, it will be the incorrect answer.
I agree. That's why the entire situation is stupid.

Go ahead. Cut Dak, so you can see what you have in Trance.

Extend Dak and Trance walks.

What was the point of the trade???

plymkr

Reaction score
1) Extend Dak.

If they start Dak without extending him just to move on after the season, it will be the incorrect answer.
I completely agree. Either extend Dak or tell Dak he’s going to be the backup and hope he demands a trade. I’d rather not out right cut him because we could get something for him. I think we waste 2024 with Dak playing out his contract as is. So either extend him or start the rebuild. My vote is start the rebuild.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
1) Extend Dak.

Why couldn't they cut or sign him to a new contract before free agency? That is the worst decision is to then do it in training camp and waste the abilty to keep the team going wih another QB or sign other positions of need.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Why couldn't they cut or sign him to a new contract before free agency? That is the worst decision is to then do it in training camp and waste the abilty to keep the team going wih another QB or sign other positions of need.
Timing is almost as bad as training for Trance after pre-season.

Brooksey

Reaction score
They have no confidence in Dak, he chokes in big spots. Trey Lance is a top 5 pick for a reason (better feet and arm) but raw.
I like the youth movement...I'm drafting a QB 1st round and letting him battle it out with Trey Lance.
Dak is gone, I'm saving 25M in cap this year, eating the rest next year. I'm converting the defense into #1 with the money

Chasing6

Reaction score
This QB draft class is deep. You can get a guy in the late 1st that would’ve gone much higher in another draft.
Well if you look at the Purdy draft, their are QB's in every round, if they go to the right team.

If your team sucks and or has GM issues and you expect a hero to overcome all team incompetences, it is not going to happen.

People keep talking about Mahomes, who has arguably the best coach in football and knows how to build and run a team, but fans think it is ALL Mahomes by himself.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They have no idea what Trance is. They are buying time to attempt to figure it out. The longer they wait, the more likely Dak is gone.

They are obviously not building around Dak. They aren't building at all. What Super stars want to be on a rebuilding team???

How is this going to make CD and Micah happy? They want there money now, without risking another year to being injured.

If you are CD are you signing a big contract with a team that has no QB?

Would Micah rather sign with a team just starting to rebuild or with a team that is already on the rise like Washington?

GM Jeruh is going to mess this entire thing up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I completely agree. Either extend Dak or tell Dak he’s going to be the backup and hope he demands a trade. I’d rather not out right cut him because we could get something for him. I think we waste 2024 with Dak playing out his contract as is. So either extend him or start the rebuild. My vote is start the rebuild.
Cowboys would never bench a player who just made All Pro. They are stupid but not that stupid.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I agree. That's why the entire situation is stupid.

Go ahead. Cut Dak, so you can see what you have in Trance.

Extend Dak and Trance walks.

What was the point of the trade???
The Cowboys just paid Dak $5 million today. They’re keeping him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
1) Extend Dak.

Your chances of winning a lottery are way better than your second choice happening.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The Cowboys just paid Dak $5 million today. They’re keeping him.
And they are keeping Dak. Sounds brilliant. Trance will not play. At the end of the year we will still not know what Trance is.

So then what?