These guys will bust out on offense (Article)

Hoovie

Reaction score
Viper said:
I see him more of a Steve Young. My desires to draft him were so high.

No where near the mobility of Young. Heck, I call Leftwich "Fat Albert"

That being said, the kids got an arm. No doubt. Speaking with friends in J-ville, they tell me his big problem is consistincy. He'll look lights out 1 game/half/quarter/drive and lost and confused the next. For every OMG thats amazing moment he has, he's libel to follow it up with a *** is he thinking moment. If he ever learns to stabilize, he'll be a monster.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Big Leftwich homer who got to see pretty much all of his games while he was at Marshall....He is the guy I wanted us to take in that draft but I was not going to complain about it after the fact.

byron%20leftwich%20marshall.jpg

By the way....interesting stat for those who did not know much about his college career...

Five of his receivers in his college career aquired over 1,000 yards in a single season -- three received 1,000 in 2001, two in 2002.
That tells you that it was just not his WRs and that he knew how to spread the ball around instead of locking in on one WR.

Another thing is that once he learned the system at Marshall the coaches pretty much let him call the plays.