Twitter: They are Big Games until Dak Prescott and Cowboys Win

Scotman

Reaction score
I REALLY want to believe in Dak. I like the man. I like what he's about. I love having him as the face of the team. And, I'm hoping that when his career is done, he's wearing a ring.

But, if he doesn't win in the postseason, whether it's all on him or not, I'm going to be disappointed. He's 8 years in and his story is much closer to the end than it is the beginning. So far, his story does not include a Superbowl. For me, it needs to include a Superbowl ring. The same thing goes for every player and coach on the team.

I'm definitely not a hater. Dak hasn't done it yet and I'm beginning to believe that he isn't going to. Time isn't on his side any more. But the best thing in the football world would be for me to be wrong and to find out that he is that guy.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Listen if you are a Dak hater it’s fine but putting out the false narrative that he is a bad quarterback is lunacy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Win some playoff games and not look like a deer in the headlights and people will change their tune.
First post in the thread proves his point with the goalpost shifting

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Listen if you are a Dak hater it’s fine but putting out the false narrative that he is a bad quarterback is lunacy.
It's either an emotional overreaction, or unfortunately something much worse because it just doesn't statistically make sense.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Ernie is known for some interesting takes. According to him, tomorrow is the biggest game in the history of the Eagles. Pretty sure I can recall bigger ones.

There are more fans here that dislike the optimistic takes and wit's wild.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It's either an emotional overreaction, or unfortunately something much worse because it just doesn't statistically make sense.
You know what is sad about the whole situation is talking heads have found away to make money of spewing the negatives. I tried hard to find a good non bias X and Os show that would discuss the Cowboys/Eagles matchup and failed miserably. :facepalm: :huh:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You know what is sad about the whole situation is talking heads have found away to make money of spewing the negatives. I tried hard to find a good non bias X and Os show that would discuss the Cowboys/Eagles matchup and failed miserably. :facepalm: :huh:
It's like the view, but sports. There's ZERO X's & O's unless you hit up independent guys that played. And even many of them are complete clowns.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I REALLY want to believe in Dak. I like the man. I like what he's about. I love having him as the face of the team. And, I'm hoping that when his career is done, he's wearing a ring.

But, if he doesn't win in the postseason, whether it's all on him or not, I'm going to be disappointed. He's 8 years in and his story is much closer to the end than it is the beginning. So far, his story does not include a Superbowl. For me, it needs to include a Superbowl ring. The same thing goes for every player and coach on the team.

I'm definitely not a hater. Dak hasn't done it yet and I'm beginning to believe that he isn't going to. Time isn't on his side any more. But the best thing in the football world would be for me to be wrong and to find out that he is that guy.
Great post, of course slobberer's will call you a hater unless you admit Dak invented sliced bread.

erod

Reaction score

You lost your point with "statistical."

Stats mean virtually nothing. Most of his are racked up in garbage time.

Performance when it matters most is what it's about.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It's like the view, but sports. There's ZERO X's & O's unless you hit up independent guys that played. And even many of them are complete clowns.
I remember when NFL matchup shows were on ESPN and the NFL Network about 10 years ago and they would break down blocking schemes, pass concepts, defensive matchups. I remember Baldy was breaking down the Cowboys offensive line and said they would just run over an opponent and the Cowboys did. No Taylor loves Travis, no gambling angles from numbers nerds, just real football talk.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You lost your point with "statistical."

Stats mean virtually nothing. Most of his are racked up in garbage time.

Performance when it matters most is what it's about.
You don't even get that you don't get it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I remember when NFL matchup shows were on ESPN and the NFL Network about 10 years ago and they would break down blocking schemes, pass concepts, defensive matchups. I remember Baldy was breaking down the Cowboys offensive line and said they would just run over an opponent and the Cowboys did. No Taylor loves Travis, no gambling angles from numbers nerds, just real football talk.
Yeah, the good old days when fans were educated on team sports. Just like this very forum, they care more about clicks than content. They're not equipped, probably from fantasy football.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, the good old days when fans were educated on team sports. Just like this very forum, they care more about clicks than content. They're not equipped, probably from fantasy football.
The only reason why I stay on this board is that there are still a few guys/girls that talk real Cowboys football but I see just too many posters getting away with troll posts and it is getting out of control.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Being elite doesn't guarantee superbowl wins. I can give you a list of non-elite quarterbacks who've won the same amount of Superbowls as elite quarterbacks.... and I can give you a list of elite quarterbacks who've NEVER won a superbowl.

So how can you put a spin on or explain these facts??

Yeah but these none elite QBs were at least medicore ones.

leeblair

Reaction score
No, Dak has been a bad quarterback, and a liability every year.
However, today he is playing like a Cowboys quarterback should play through the first three quarters.
It only took seven years, but today looks great.
McCarthy is actually making a difference.

Last edited: