They are having the Pre-Draft press conference

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anybody listening?

Jerry saying they wont have an X WR this year even if it's a rookie.
i had to respond a second time---- that ticks me off Jerry closing the door like that...or maybe its Jerry going into political mode before draft so teams dont try to go up in draft and snag a receiver we want?.....but most likely its Jerry making headlines ...cause it has worked...a 180 million dollar investment that turned into 4.5 billion dollar empire...Jerry headlines = MO and MO and MO money

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'm str8t confused about that statement, so was that our hint, notification that they will not take a WR in this draft?
Allen Hurns is our X.
we're taking a hi-end Z...but Ridley or Moore can line-up anywhere...if they are the pick.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Sounds like LB and WR are priorities and S, OL are secondary positions of interests . Mentioned a DT with 3 technique traits if he’s good value.
really gonna be interesting if Ridley,Payne,Moore and 1 or both of the LBs are there at 19.
Im good either direction.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Is Peyton Manning coming with Ridley?

If not I want I would rather not use our most valuable resource on draft day on a position that will collect dust.
the only position that won't is OG.
lets be honest.
DE...rotation.
DT...rotation.
LB...rotation.

atleast OG would be day1 starter.
so would Ridley or Moore...MASSIVE up-grade over The Body-Catcher.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'm not sure if he's really giving away things or if he's confusing things or even why he's talking about it at all. Seems to me the best thing would be to stay silent because there isn't much to gain by talking, and there is the potential his words may come back to bite him.

Ultimately I think a lot of Jerry's motivation is just to get and keep people talking. I think he believes as long as people are talking about his team there will be interest in his team.

Between the way they handle the 30 pre draft visits and having this press conference, it’s not hard for teams to figure out what they are thinking. That’s my main point. Either just lock the building don and shut up or throw a bunch of misdirection in there as well.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously. What kind of BS answer was that?!

Clarity is great for a business owner. Doesn't do **** for a football team

It's craziness. Just say you're not as good right now, but you expect to be better by the time the season starts. Saying 'we have clarity' over and over with a straight face doesn't help anybody out. We all know it's nonsense, so he just looks like he's selling tickets.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
serious question does any other team in the league have a pre draft press conference

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. We're better without Hitchens and Dez because we know we don't have them - and that gives us "clarity"? Jerry is not as smart as he thinks he is.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Soooooo, we don't need much of anything........we're good everywhere.............time for another vacation this weekend.
Stopping to pour a long drink and wiggling the ice..

Ron White says..

I got a dog Sluggo who ***** in the living room.

My wife places little toilet papers on them so I can pick it up when I get home.

I return from a road gig and want yo relax and have a drink.

My living room looks like a boy scout jamboree.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That PC just spelled out the continual issue with this team. Overvaluing the talent under your own roof.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It's craziness. Just say you're not as good right now, but you expect to be better by the time the season starts. Saying 'we have clarity' over and over with a straight face doesn't help anybody out. We all know it's nonsense, so he just looks like he's selling tickets.
That quality has been what he has been about for a long time.

You are just catching up to it now?

ESisback

Reaction score
People should just skip these things if it stresses them out so much.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jerry is being realistic about an X wide receiver in my opinion.

It would be foolish to think any rookie is going to step in and fill that roll from day 1, regardless of who they draft.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Between the way they handle the 30 pre draft visits and having this press conference, it’s not hard for teams to figure out what they are thinking. That’s my main point. Either just lock the building don and shut up or throw a bunch of misdirection in there as well.

They didn't only bring in one position, and frankly there is no certainty they will draft any of the players they brought in anyway, even if available. It's not that uncommon to find that a player drafted in the first round will say he was shocked at the team that picked him because that team wasn't one that brought him in or really had much discussion with him. I seem to recall Byron Jones saying that, but I could be wrong.

Locking the building down wouldn't do anything. Other teams are talking to these players too, as well as their agents, and to each other, and the media is around every team as well. Visits aren't going to be secret

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Jerry is being realistic about an X wide receiver in my opinion.

It would be foolish to think any rookie is going to step in and fill that roll from day 1, regardless of who they draft.
Yeah..

But as much as Jerrah wants to downplay needing a replacement for Dez..

he needs to find one now because we do not expect to be drafting this high next year.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This thread: :muttley:

giphy.gif

TheHerd

Reaction score

I see the 30 visits, and now I've listened to this pc, and I have no idea what they're thinking. In fact, this press conference leads me to believe there is very little thinking going on amongst that entire group.