They need to figure out how to build the Defense around Parsons

Aven8

Reaction score
DQ in the past two years has failed IMO lining up Micah primarily at End. They need to figure out how to move him all over the field and maximize his skills. 13 and 14 sacks is admirable for a DE but to truly maximize this kid we need more. 34 OLB, Middle LB, something has to change. His rookie year and at Penn St he was a tackling, play making machine. And while he leads the league in pressures still, we’re not maximizing everything he can really do.

Look at his tackles this year for instance. Very low numbers. No Int’s in his career either. If the pundits want to compare him to LT, start using him like LT already!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yes the typical line up and be schemed against is getting too easy for the opposing offense!! It's time to make opposing offenses think a little!

bark

Reaction score
I think I agree . When you line him up at end, hes just an undersized d lineman with great speed that can be schemed out of games.
We have 3 years now of evidence that come December, he wears down playing that role.
But also, Micah seems more interested in sack collecting than playing team defense.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think I agree . When you line him up at end, hes just an undersized d lineman with great speed that can be schemed out of games.
We have 3 years now of evidence that come December, he wears down playing that role.
But also, Micah seems more interested in sack collecting than playing team defense.
His goal was to make others better but yes move him around, he runs right up the field on every play just about trying to get sacks

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
DQ in the past two years has failed IMO lining up Micah primarily at End. They need to figure out how to move him all over the field and maximize his skills. 13 and 14 sacks is admirable for a DE but to truly maximize this kid we need more. 34 OLB, Middle LB, something has to change. His rookie year and at Penn St he was a tackling, play making machine. And while he leads the league in pressures still, we’re not maximizing everything he can really do.

Look at his tackles this year for instance. Very low numbers. No Int’s in his career either. If the pundits want to compare him to LT, start using him like LT already!
I admit that I was a huge advocate for the hybrid back seven scheme, it's a great scheme if you actually have all the pieces in place to be successful, where was Wilson, Kearse, Hooker to be found this season, and if they weren't getting it done where was Thomas and Muk?
The finger pointing has been at the LBs, but Clark and Bell could use a little help.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
11 is a great talent but he is a mental midget. I believe his career trajectory is going to start tilting in the wrong direction.

It’s maddening to see his late season decline every year. We all know why that is yet DQ refuses to change it up. This is a low IQ group.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
not big enough be all around de. And not good enough be lb. Smart move is to trade him before you pay him 35 a year and cripple team for next 5 years.

He doesn’t do dirty work. Just wants flashy plays. I need less sacks and better all around plays

Jipper

Reaction score
Easy! Trade him for some firsts and a couple mid round picks and draft a bunch of talent, use the money saved to get a few FAs and viola!

Yes yes he's a great pass rusher but of the team doesn't have the supporting lbs and dts to take the pressure off him then it doesn't matter....

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
He moves all over the place.

Having him do anything other than playing in the opposing backfield is stupid.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
He moves all over the place.

Having him do anything other than playing in the opposing backfield is stupid.
He’s too easy to run against. Useless for most games. When’s last time he tackled rb for loss like tank? Just rushes like a mad man with no discipline. Trade him

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Take a look at the raven/ niner D and get those pieces.

Especially run defense and what they do re motion teams.

Inexcusable how we get maneuvered out of position

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
He’s too easy to run against. Useless for most games. When’s last time he tackled rb for loss like tank? Just rushes like a mad man with no discipline. Trade him
This is just a complete falsehood, perpetuated by people who don't know what they are watching. Here is twice wrecking run plays and I only had to look back one game.

They don't ask him to stack and shed because it is a complete waste of his talents. Doesn't mean he can't do it.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
This is just a complete falsehood, perpetuated by people who don't know what they are watching. Here is twice wrecking run plays and I only had to look back one game.

They don't ask him to stack and shed because it is a complete waste of his talents. Doesn't mean he can't do it.

I know what I see. He gets attacked over and over. Sure he brings pressure but I need more f I’m making him highest d player ever. Smart gm would trade him for 2 1st and a 3rd and get 3-4 good players. We have lot needs with limited ability improve.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There are two players on the Cowboys that is blasphemy to want to get rid of. Micah and CeeDee. You can argue that if there was a league draft of players these guys would be top 20 picks even with all the quarterbacks available.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
There are two players on the Cowboys that is blasphemy to want to get rid of. Micah and CeeDee. You can argue that if there was a league draft of players these guys would be top 20 picks even with all the quarterbacks available.
Micah can yield more in trade. You can’t pay dak 60. Lamb 30 and Micah 35? You want have any other decent players?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Micah is no LT, not even close...