They Were Speculating On Radio That Tavon Austin Situation Has Led To Team Quitting. Yall Agree?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Was driving home from work and listening to sports radio and they were saying that since the end of the Vikes game the team has pretty much been non-competitive/quitting. So they said, what happened at end of Vikes game and the whole discussion turned to the coaching staff throwing Austin under the bus. That apparently the special teams coach told Austin to just fair catch it, but when the coaches, mainly Jason Garrett, was asked about it, he indicated that Tavon had the option to run if he wanted.

They said that didnt set very good with lockerroom and ever since then the team has been blown out in every game with many people saying they have quit. Do you guys buy this? Do you think this is some sort of mutiny by the players to get payback on the coaching staff by getting them fired?

I dont know, I am not much on conspiracy theories and stuff, but it does make you wonder. What do yall think?

jay94

Reaction score
Seems a bit tinfoily, but who knows, they certainly haven't been playing good lately. This may of been a 7 point loss, but it was SO MUCH worse then that. How can this team not frustrate you, we have the worst kicker in the league, and your saying you have nothing to gain by picking someone on the street? Yay he can hit 60+ yarders, because that means something for highlights and highlights only.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Seems a bit tinfoily, but who knows, they certainly haven't been playing good lately. This may of been a 7 point loss, but it was SO MUCH worse then that. How can this team not frustrate you, we have the worst kicker in the league, and your saying you have nothing to gain by picking someone on the street? Yay he can hit 60+ yarders, because that means something for highlights and highlights only.

Exactly...…….by keeping Maher it sends the message to the team that job performance doesn't matter.

I think that might be a bigger reason for the losing streak than some planned mutiny.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
These players have not quit on each other. They maybe counting the days down to Garrett's departure, but they still go out there and compete on every play.

Especially the ones that are going to be free agents.

If they are pissed at the coaching staff, just dont resign if they are still here but to dog it on purpose does seem tinfoily to me.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
No..

It’s in the players monetary interest to perform well — we just suck

Was driving home from work and listening to sports radio and they were saying that since the end of the Vikes game the team has pretty much been non-competitive/quitting. So they said, what happened at end of Vikes game and the whole discussion turned to the coaching staff throwing Austin under the bus. That apparently the special teams coach told Austin to just fair catch it, but when the coaches, mainly Jason Garrett, was asked about it, he indicated that Tavon had the option to run if he wanted.

They said that didnt set very good with lockerroom and ever since then the team has been blown out in every game with many people saying they have quit. Do you guys buy this? Do you think this is some sort of mutiny by the players to get payback on the coaching staff by getting them fired?

I dont know, I am not much on conspiracy theories and stuff, but it does make you wonder. What do yall think?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I would change compete to “compete”. Especially after the tackling display the other night.

I think this tackling issue might have something to do with not wanting to get hurt with just 3 games left, the majority of this roster is free agents.

I just looked it up, we have 32 players with expiring contracts...……...that is a lot!

So yeah, I think the atrocious tackling might be due to players making "business decisions".

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think this tackling issue might have something to do with not wanting to get hurt with just 3 games left, the majority of this roster is free agents.

I just looked it up, we have 32 players with expiring contracts...……...that is a lot!

So yeah, I think the atrocious tackling might be due to players making "business decisions".

This.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
No- I don’t buy that they quit bc of Tavon.

IMO, the team really went up to NE and went “all in”. They wanted to prove to the world and to themselves that they could beat “the best”. They believed they would win— and left it all out there and were gutted when they lost.

Then there is the short week for Thanksgiving, and I think they were hungover and flat from NE and honestly thought they could just show up and beat the Bills. When they lost that game— doubt and frustration entered in X10

Then they “circle the wagons” and try to get right vs Chicago— but the pressure to win is much greater, and their doubts are stronger too. They walk in to a buzzsaw bc Chi wanted to prove who they were and circled the Dallas game as their “get right” game

All the while this is happening— Garrett’s “we are who we are” and “get a little better every day” speech provides nothing for the troops— bc what they actually need is accountability and discipline as that is what wakes the team up to the reality of the situation and demands more

Garrett has enabled the team to stay mired in this nosedive through his refusal to take any action and change any course they are currently on.

Frustrating as hell to watch

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

IMO, the team really went up to NE and went “all in”. They wanted to prove to the world and to themselves that they could beat “the best”. They believed they would win— and left it all out there and were gutted when they lost.

Then there is the short week for Thanksgiving, and I think they were hungover and flat from NE and honestly thought they could just show up and beat the Bills. When they lost that game— doubt and frustration entered in X10

Then they “circle the wagons” and try to get right vs Chicago— but the pressure to win is much greater, and their doubts are stronger too. They walk in to a buzzsaw bc Chi wanted to prove who they were and circled the Dallas game as their “get right” game

All the while this is happening— Garrett’s “we are who we are” and “get a little better every day” speech provides nothing for the troops— bc what they actually need is accountability and discipline as that is what wakes the team up to the reality of the situation and demands more

Garrett has enabled the team to stay mired in this nosedive through his refusal to take any action and change any course they are currently on.

Good points bro.

glimmerman

Reaction score
These players aren’t being coached or motivated. Now they are paid pros and shouldn’t have to be motivated but it’s part of a HC job. A team after a while takes on the HC personality. JG no longer brings any swag. Last year I think the Defense took on Richards energy.

Throwing Austin under the bus was terrible. When Austin caught that he could see the lane down the sidelines and it looked wide open, especially with his speed. Would have been a game changing play. You could see him shaking his head. I wondered if he was told to fair catch or just missed the lane.

glimmerman

Reaction score

They have 10 day to pull out. This will be a revenge game from last year. I bet they go all in to stop the run. If they lose this game (and I wouldn’t be surprised if they do) and beating a bad egirls team will prove very hard.

I am thinking that the team does just enough. They think they will wait and simply beat the egirls and skins and make the playoffs.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
These players aren’t being coached or motivated. Now they are paid pros and shouldn’t have to be motivated but it’s part of a HC job. A team after a while takes on the HC personality. JG no longer brings any swag. Last year I think the Defense took on Richards energy.

Throwing Austin under the bus was terrible. When Austin caught that he could see the lane down the sidelines and it looked wide open, especially with his speed. Would have been a game changing play. You could see him shaking his head. I wondered if he was told to fair catch or just missed the lane.
It’s pretty clear he was told to fair catch by the idiotic special teams coach. Then the Garrett, playing Garrett, didn’t instruct him any differently.

Just one more example of Garrett not being an average coach.