They Were Speculating On Radio That Tavon Austin Situation Has Led To Team Quitting. Yall Agree?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I live in the Northeast and I've been telling the same story for a while to my friends who are Giants and Patriots fans.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
They have 10 day to pull out. This will be a revenge game from last year. I bet they go all in to stop the run. If they lose this game (and I wouldn’t be surprised if they do) and beating a bad egirls team will prove very hard.

I am thinking that the team does just enough. They think they will wait and simply beat the egirls and skins and make the playoffs.

Garrett has the “deer in the headlights” look. He has no answers for this team and he refuses to change anything as a leader, so he will continue to get the same results.

My guess is that he is already in survival mode and is furiously working on his next gig behind the scenes and has accepted the reality that this team is done and so is he.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I wondered this same thing after the chicago game. I think they as a group have decided to tank
to get new HC and staff.
The reason being partly Tavon, but also they know they cant win with current bozo's.
And really if they were tired of JG, this is the only way to get rid of him, and it has worked.

So lol go cowboys!! keep losing games!!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Garrett has the “deer in the headlights” look. He has no answers for this team and he refuses to change anything as a leader, so he will continue to get the same results.

My guess is that he is already in survival mode and is furiously working on his next gig behind the scenes and has accepted the reality that this team is done and so is he.
He has 10 days to get this team ready. For the players to rest up. Come up with a game plan. Oh yeah he don’t do game plans so we will see the same thing. Stalled drives from penalties, bad conservative play calls and abandoning the run.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I will say this. If the team is tanking so JG gets fired then I am disgusted. I wait all year for the football season and if they are intentionally ruining my good time and getting paid millions for it then I am pissed. JG wasn’t getting passed this year anyways. Even if we were winning games and make the playoffs it’s the same story. We get outcoached and booted from the playoffs. JG was to be fired anyways.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was driving home from work and listening to sports radio and they were saying that since the end of the Vikes game the team has pretty much been non-competitive/quitting. So they said, what happened at end of Vikes game and the whole discussion turned to the coaching staff throwing Austin under the bus. That apparently the special teams coach told Austin to just fair catch it, but when the coaches, mainly Jason Garrett, was asked about it, he indicated that Tavon had the option to run if he wanted.

They said that didnt set very good with lockerroom and ever since then the team has been blown out in every game with many people saying they have quit. Do you guys buy this? Do you think this is some sort of mutiny by the players to get payback on the coaching staff by getting them fired?

I dont know, I am not much on conspiracy theories and stuff, but it does make you wonder. What do yall think?

I'm sure it didn't help morale, but I don't think it's a specific point where they quit. I fully believe that this is a cumulative thing, but up over years of mistakes and frustrations. And everybody's tired of it. The coaches have no answers and the players know it. They try to "trust in the process" but how long can you do that when "the process" fails you again and again and again?

I think that's the biggest issue, everyone knows the Garrett way isn't working and are no longer willing to fool themselves that things might 'turn around' after ten years of evidence.

Even his biggest supporters here would rather just run and hide than face the facts. It's over. Now we just ride this crap out until this final, wasted season ends. Nobody realizes that more than those inside that building.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t think the Tavon situation is the only reason they’ve quit. And they did play hard against the Pats.

I do think that is the type of things players don’t forget though. I guarantee they don’t forget it and I am fairly certain it is something that partially affects their outlook and mindset.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was driving home from work and listening to sports radio and they were saying that since the end of the Vikes game the team has pretty much been non-competitive/quitting. So they said, what happened at end of Vikes game and the whole discussion turned to the coaching staff throwing Austin under the bus. That apparently the special teams coach told Austin to just fair catch it, but when the coaches, mainly Jason Garrett, was asked about it, he indicated that Tavon had the option to run if he wanted.

They said that didnt set very good with lockerroom and ever since then the team has been blown out in every game with many people saying they have quit. Do you guys buy this? Do you think this is some sort of mutiny by the players to get payback on the coaching staff by getting them fired?

I dont know, I am not much on conspiracy theories and stuff, but it does make you wonder. What do yall think?
I've seen similar situations, where players do quit on their coaches. It does happen. You would think that if this was the case here, Jerry would have fired Garrett and moved on. Or, maybe that's why he has not fired Garrett. He does not want the players taking over the ship.
He could cut Austin and make a statement!!!

The next, Who Shot J.R.???

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
I've seen similar situations, where players do quit on there coaches. It does happen. You would think that if this was the case here, Jerry would have fired Garrett and moved on. Or, maybe that's why he has not fired Garrett. He does not want the players taking over the ship.
He could cut Austin and make a statement!!!

The next, Who Shot J.R.???
After he fired Wade he said nobody’s job was safe and we went 5-3. JJ is starting to get angry. But with us still in contention for the division and playoff I just don’t see him rocking the boat.

foofighters

Reaction score
They have 10 day to pull out. This will be a revenge game from last year. I bet they go all in to stop the run. If they lose this game (and I wouldn’t be surprised if they do) and beating a bad egirls team will prove very hard.

I am thinking that the team does just enough. They think they will wait and simply beat the egirls and skins and make the playoffs.
They don't care about what happened last year. The bears are as much of a mess as we are and we were embarrassed by them. We can't stop the run so Gurley is going to have a 200 yard day against us.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They don't care about what happened last year. The bears are as much of a mess as we are and we were embarrassed by them. We can't stop the run so Gurley is going to have a 200 yard day against us.
The media will play this as a revenge game. But your right, I don’t think the players will take it that way. They should be showing something after losing these games and having 10 days to prepare. Unless the egirls lose again this weekend. Then we will wait and try to beat the egirls and make the playoffs. They will only do just enough. It’s frustrating.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
No- I don’t buy that they quit bc of Tavon.

IMO, the team really went up to NE and went “all in”. They wanted to prove to the world and to themselves that they could beat “the best”. They believed they would win— and left it all out there and were gutted when they lost.

Then there is the short week for Thanksgiving, and I think they were hungover and flat from NE and honestly thought they could just show up and beat the Bills. When they lost that game— doubt and frustration entered in X10

Then they “circle the wagons” and try to get right vs Chicago— but the pressure to win is much greater, and their doubts are stronger too. They walk in to a buzzsaw bc Chi wanted to prove who they were and circled the Dallas game as their “get right” game

All the while this is happening— Garrett’s “we are who we are” and “get a little better every day” speech provides nothing for the troops— bc what they actually need is accountability and discipline as that is what wakes the team up to the reality of the situation and demands more

Garrett has enabled the team to stay mired in this nosedive through his refusal to take any action and change any course they are currently on.

Frustrating as hell to watch

If you are correct about all of this (and you may just be) then we have absolutely nothing left in the tank and the Rams are going to blow us out next game

NorTex

Reaction score
Complete BS! The idiots on the radio are clueless. All of them were so bloody upset that Jerry wasn't paying Zeke this summer! They are complete idiots! They're paid to spew nonsense...

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Complete BS! The idiots on the radio are clueless. All of them were so bloody upset that Jerry wasn't paying Zeke this summer! They are complete idiots! They're paid to spew nonsense...

your post is full of nonsense. It’s perfectly clear that many of the players aren’t giving 100%. Either that or we’ve got a bottom 5 roster. We know the coaching staff is one of the worst in the league. The players know it as well.

NorTex

Reaction score
your post is full of nonsense. It’s perfectly clear that many of the players aren’t giving 100%. Either that or we’ve got a bottom 5 roster. We know the coaching staff is one of the worst in the league. The players know it as well.
Name the player and situation. I have the Bears game recorded, I'll take a look. Do you really think anyone who may be a free agent is going to give up on getting a paycheck next year? Did Lee give up? The young safeties who want to play in this league? Name me a D-lineman who has given up. Or an O-lineman? Has the injured Cooper given up? Has Zeke given up? Dak? Witten? Jarwin?

Who????

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Name the player and situation. I have the Bears game recorded, I'll take a look. Do you really think anyone who may be a free agent is going to give up on getting a paycheck next year? Did Lee give up? The young safeties who want to play in this league? Name me a D-lineman who has given up. Or an O-lineman? Has the injured Cooper given up? Has Zeke given up? Dak? Witten? Jarwin?

Who????

The entire defense whiffed on more tackles than a junkie on a tube of glue. Over and over and over. Every single one of them. It’s clear to anyone watching that maximum effort was not given. If you don’t see it, it’s because you don’t want to.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
No- I don’t buy that they quit bc of Tavon.

IMO, the team really went up to NE and went “all in”. They wanted to prove to the world and to themselves that they could beat “the best”. They believed they would win— and left it all out there and were gutted when they lost.

Then there is the short week for Thanksgiving, and I think they were hungover and flat from NE and honestly thought they could just show up and beat the Bills. When they lost that game— doubt and frustration entered in X10

Then they “circle the wagons” and try to get right vs Chicago— but the pressure to win is much greater, and their doubts are stronger too. They walk in to a buzzsaw bc Chi wanted to prove who they were and circled the Dallas game as their “get right” game

All the while this is happening— Garrett’s “we are who we are” and “get a little better every day” speech provides nothing for the troops— bc what they actually need is accountability and discipline as that is what wakes the team up to the reality of the situation and demands more

Garrett has enabled the team to stay mired in this nosedive through his refusal to take any action and change any course they are currently on.

Frustrating as hell to watch
I agree with this.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Pretty much. Team Tank is a deliberate process. The team is deliberately losing by just a few points on purpose, just enough to give the illusion that they are still trying so the stats still look good when their agents get them new contracts...