They Were Speculating On Radio That Tavon Austin Situation Has Led To Team Quitting. Yall Agree?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I think this tackling issue might have something to do with not wanting to get hurt with just 3 games left, the majority of this roster is free agents.

I just looked it up, we have 32 players with expiring contracts...……...that is a lot!

So yeah, I think the atrocious tackling might be due to players making "business decisions".

Then they need to move the hell on.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly...…….by keeping Maher it sends the message to the team that job performance doesn't matter.

I think that might be a bigger reason for the losing streak than some planned mutiny.
There are many reasons for the current losing streak. Keeping under performing players on the roster is certainly one of them. It sends the wrong message both inside and outside of the locker room.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
More like Jerry eviscerated the coaching staff post NE and the players figured -“Hey it’s the coaches fault”

Ol Johnnie Walker Jones fire and brimstone has led to their 2 worst games.

#footballculture

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Name the player and situation. I have the Bears game recorded, I'll take a look. Do you really think anyone who may be a free agent is going to give up on getting a paycheck next year? Did Lee give up? The young safeties who want to play in this league? Name me a D-lineman who has given up. Or an O-lineman? Has the injured Cooper given up? Has Zeke given up? Dak? Witten? Jarwin?

Who????

The Bears were the 29th rated offense going into the game and they had numerous injuries on both sides of the ball. They had scored 30 points or more only once this season and that was against a terrible Washington team. They could’ve put up 40 or more on us if they hadn’t gone ultra conservative the entire last quarter, and that was with their defense forcing no turnovers. Yes, they quit, especially the defense.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Was driving home from work and listening to sports radio and they were saying that since the end of the Vikes game the team has pretty much been non-competitive/quitting. So they said, what happened at end of Vikes game and the whole discussion turned to the coaching staff throwing Austin under the bus. That apparently the special teams coach told Austin to just fair catch it, but when the coaches, mainly Jason Garrett, was asked about it, he indicated that Tavon had the option to run if he wanted.

They said that didnt set very good with lockerroom and ever since then the team has been blown out in every game with many people saying they have quit. Do you guys buy this? Do you think this is some sort of mutiny by the players to get payback on the coaching staff by getting them fired?

I dont know, I am not much on conspiracy theories and stuff, but it does make you wonder. What do yall think?
I can see this happening. But we will never know until Garrett is gone. And Austin speaks up.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Was driving home from work and listening to sports radio and they were saying that since the end of the Vikes game the team has pretty much been non-competitive/quitting. So they said, what happened at end of Vikes game and the whole discussion turned to the coaching staff throwing Austin under the bus. That apparently the special teams coach told Austin to just fair catch it, but when the coaches, mainly Jason Garrett, was asked about it, he indicated that Tavon had the option to run if he wanted.

I absolutely think this was the turning point. Garrett threw him under the bus and clearly did not handle it well. He also threw his own coaches under the bus by creating the narrative. It is not a coincidence that since then you have had discord on the staff (i.e. Richard getting on Ben Bloom).

links18

Reaction score
Bunch of players out there protecting themselves. No need to risk getting hurt for this broken franchise in a lost season. Alot of going through the motions out there at this point.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Mutiny or not you bunch of overpaid losers play a sport for a living while everyone else bust our butts daily just to make a living. Either do your damn job or dont play and rip off people with your flawed product.

ok boomer

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm hoping the lambs talk trash so Dallas can get inspired

willia451

Reaction score
I doubt it. I think they are just ready to move on. If this was any other division in the NFC they would have been put out of their misery by now.

Instead the hits just keep on coming.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If you are correct about all of this (and you may just be) then we have absolutely nothing left in the tank and the Rams are going to blow us out next game

I don’t see us beating the Rams. I could see us beating Philly and Wash and winning the NFCE at 8-8 though.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I totally believe it. Remember we’ve seen teams in our environment quit before. They completely quit on Wade Phillips to the point it wasn’t even debatable to anyone. The same thing is happening again.

When the team quits everybody becomes independent agents and no longer plays together. You can just tell...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think this tackling issue might have something to do with not wanting to get hurt with just 3 games left, the majority of this roster is free agents.

I just looked it up, we have 32 players with expiring contracts...……...that is a lot!

So yeah, I think the atrocious tackling might be due to players making "business decisions".

So you are saying that guys who are going to be free agents are intentionally putting bad tape out there?

Yeah, that's how you win in free agency

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
That's when Garrett started with his schoolyard finger pointing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. It wasn’t that big of a deal, he’s not that important a player.

Amari being hobbled has been a bigger deal.

Cmac

Reaction score
The mutiny should ask "Where is Devin Smith?" Tavon being called a gadget player......we ain't go no gadgets!!!!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

They said that didnt set very good with lockerroom and ever since then the team has been blown out in every game with many people saying they have quit. Do you guys buy this? Do you think this is some sort of mutiny by the players to get payback on the coaching staff by getting them fired?

I dont know, I am not much on conspiracy theories and stuff, but it does make you wonder. What do yall think?

If that's all it took for the players to quit then they're every bit as soft as they appear to be on TV. The first sign of trouble sends them spiraling down the drain.

Look at Seattle-Minnesota. Wilson threw/batted a ridiculous pick six to put his team behind. How did they respond? They turned the tables, built a double digit lead, and won the game. The Cowboys would've snowballed into a double digit defeat. One team has leaders and are mentally tough, the others are the Dallas Cowboys.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Bunch of players out there protecting themselves. No need to risk getting hurt for this broken franchise in a lost season. Alot of going through the motions out there at this point.
Yes they are in "get ready for the off-season" mode.

Dont wanna spend that offseason recovering from an injury.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Quit could mean two different things in this situation:
1. Quit Listening to the Coaches.
2. Quit trying.

I would say it's #1.

Either way, like everything else this season, it's all points to the Head Coach.

In the past Garrett might have been a bit incompetent, but he never "lost the locker-room".