CFZ Things Could Get Out of Hand Quickly on Sunday

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I am expecting a large Cowboys turnout on Sunday, and the Cowboys fans that live in the Carolinas can smell the blood in the water here. If you want any sort of visual of what I'm talking about, look up footage of the Niners game in Charlotte last year. I am expecting that, but worse.

My company has given all of our seats away to Cowboys fans, because Panthers fans aren't interested. I am hearing the same thing from buddies of mine that work at other major companies throughout the Queen City. Lifelong PSL owners that I know that do not sell have sold their tickets to this game to recoup the ridiculous costs of tickets and to spite and embarrass the owner. I've already received several invites to "White Jersey Takeover" parties at venues around the UNC Charlotte area. The Cowboys fans are already gathering and will be throughout the week. I also know of at least 3 chartered planes full of Cowboys fans landing in the area by Friday.

The temperature of this Carolina fanbase is at an all time low. At least when they were awful in the early 00s, they were able to draft guys like Julius Peppers, Kris Jenkins, Steve Smith, and Dan Morgan. The current regime has completely mortgaged their future, and they can't even field a competitive team. They have no hope, nothing to look forward to - and they know it. The fact that CJ Stroud is playing so well only twists the knife deeper.

Their best player is in concussion protocol. He might be available Sunday. Their second best player is on season-ending IR. Their most effective offensive weapon is 33 year old Adam Thielen, and they can't block for their small, turnover-prone rookie QB. Fans are clamoring for the Panthers to start Andy Dalton on Sunday, to save their young QB from a beating. Their HC, a complete no-talent success story, has already had play calling duties taken from him in his first season. There is tension everywhere. They just lost to an awful Bears team in primetime. The GM could be fired literally at any time. It's bad here. Sports radio has nothing to say. And fans don't wanna hear it anyway.

I would never, ever guarantee a win. In truth, the Panthers do always play us competitively. I was at the game here in 2018, and the game in Arlington in 2021. They put up a fight and their defense is scrappy. The Cowboys also lose a ton of games that they're supposed to win. I am merely suggesting that if the Cowboys come out like they did this past Sunday, play their game, continue to execute high-level offense, and play defense - that this one can be over by the third quarter too. I am sure the Panthers will play clips of Thanksgiving 2015 on the big screen, and the handful of Panthers fans in attendance will point and laugh. But I'll be in section 138, raising hell, and living in 2023. Hoping to have the "Let's go Cowboys" chants going early and often.

GO COWBOYS!

Carson

Reaction score
Trap Game

In before it gets started.
I wouldn’t say trap.

But if they get Burns and Horn back their defense is decent. Still missing guys like Thompson, Chinn etc.

It’s literally the Giants game again. Don’t turn it over, play good D and win by 20+.

Young can run, so that worries me. But the lack of weapons makes me worry less.

Word is Ian Thomas and DJ Chark could return this week.

Jipper

Reaction score
I live in Charlotte and wanted to go to this game...unfortuantly timing wise i am head to disney with the family on sat so will miss (sad as it was literally the only sunday i couldnt go the whole year).

However, the fan base in Charlotte is very pro cowboys so I fully expect the cowboys to take over the stadium...since the colors are both in the blue range i dont know we will be able to "see" it but i am sure we will be able to hear it!

Motorola

Reaction score
II am sure the Panthers will play clips of Thanksgiving 2015 on the big screen, and the handful of Panthers fans in attendance will point and laugh.
Thanksgiving 2018___last regular season game Tony Romo started for his Cowboys career.

Proof

Reaction score
i could see thielen getting loose for a few big plays

XXLMike

Reaction score
We’ll be lucky to win / that place is a snake pit for us .

Motorola

Reaction score
I live in Charlotte and wanted to go to this game...unfortuantly timing wise i am head to disney with the family on sat so will miss (sad as it was literally the only sunday i couldnt go the whole year).

However, the fan base in Charlotte is very pro cowboys so I fully expect the cowboys to take over the stadium...since the colors are both in the blue range i dont know we will be able to "see" it but i am sure we will be able to hear it!
I'd expect most Cowboys fans to wear white jerseys, so it should be evident on Sunday.