Things from our past

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
ci6fUms.jpg

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8CqmW12aKuQPm_oaVZ3mQzDWxShQXVJFB_3VBKd7zLykUohHEC3dK5AIUzumSTj71MtQ&usqp=CAU had one as a kid..

catiii

Reaction score
Still got a working "Magnajector" and a working Sega Genesis with game cartriges. Also some original USA made steel Tonka trucks circa 63. Also a Kodak slide projector and several dozen filled Kodachrome 25 slide carousels that look as rich and gorgeous as the day I took them - Kodachrome was the closest film you could get to "forever" back then. They contain the entire history of the first years of my marriage and the births of my sons, and panoramas of almost every National Park.
Why things like this change and are discontinued is quite sad. Kodachrome photography was art. Digital is not. Ham radio is in the midst of the same sort of decline due to deaths of operators and technology advances so younger users don't care about it and no one remains to replace the older hams. :( I guess ham radio will make a comeback when we're invaded by Aliens (Independence Day) if anyone still remembers Morse Code by then........They used it in the TV show "Jericho" as well.

Last edited: