Things I Hope Happen At This Point

Chasing6

Reaction score
Let him battle it out with the draft pick.

Competition is a good thing.

You're always speaking down on him. You'd think Cowboys fans would hope he turns out worthy of his draft position and is great for us.
He was our 4th round draft pick this year.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
1. I hope they draft a C in the 1st. Barton, JPJ and even Frazier are safer picks than Mims, Guyton, and Morgan. Don’t pull another Mazi. Plus Hoffman is AWFUL.

2. Let’s bench test Asim Richards before moving Tyler Smith to LT. Asim played REALLY well in preseason last year against starters (yes 1st two games played starters).

3. I want to see a ton of Eric Scott Jr over Jourdan Lewis. You gave up a pick for him. Let’s see how he does

4. Stop drafting players with position flex. That’s a really dumb way to get someone who is average at two positions and won’t master either of them.

5. Finally, let Dak play it out, or if you extend it, there can’t be a no trade clause. With endorsements and tax free income, I expect a guy who already has $100M on his pocket to not be petty about the image of being the highest paid player when he has earned nothing, and better QBs are taking less money to win.
#4 ain’t going to happen. Way of life in salary cap era and trying to squeeze in everything they can. I would be on board with a center in the first round. I‘d just like to see a first rounder on either line. While it would suck getting a defensive tackle two years in a row that high, wouldn’t mind the pick either. Our weakness on both sides of ball.

Motorola

Reaction score
What I hope happens? Trade Dak. No point moving further with him now. Do what GB did and cut him loose and get the picks.
Prescott has a no trade clause in his contract that he'd have to waive.
Rodgers did not have that with the Packers.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
1. I hope they draft a C in the 1st. Barton, JPJ and even Frazier are safer picks than Mims, Guyton, and Morgan. Don’t pull another Mazi. Plus Hoffman is AWFUL.

2. Let’s bench test Asim Richards before moving Tyler Smith to LT. Asim played REALLY well in preseason last year against starters (yes 1st two games played starters).

3. I want to see a ton of Eric Scott Jr over Jourdan Lewis. You gave up a pick for him. Let’s see how he does

4. Stop drafting players with position flex. That’s a really dumb way to get someone who is average at two positions and won’t master either of them.

5. Finally, let Dak play it out, or if you extend it, there can’t be a no trade clause. With endorsements and tax free income, I expect a guy who already has $100M on his pocket to not be petty about the image of being the highest paid player when he has earned nothing, and better QBs are taking less money to win.
It’s (state) tax free for home games, and games vs. Las Vegas, Tennessee, Houston, Seattle, Jax, Tampa and Miami. And agents consider the player’s net when negotiating contracts. Game checks are taxed where the game is played, not where the player’s team is located. It’s an advantage, but not a significant consideration. Dak’s endorsements are the national kind, not inherent to the Dallas metro area. Being the highest paid player in NFL history, if only for a few weeks, will garner him endorsement income regardless of where he plays. There is no real advantage to playing for the Cowboys over any other team in the NFL. That’s a fantasy created by Cowboys fans. Jets and Giants fans think there’s an advantage to playing in the New York City metro area. It’s the same nonsense.