Things that can stop Dallas...

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
the ONLY thing that would stop us this year is injuries.. we have the talent..

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
nothing can stop us! BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

OW! damn shades are too prim-rosed, I ran into the wall!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
wileedog said:
Not arguing your point, but I think this is more of a coaching philosophy thing. Parcells would rather play to his own teams strengths then let the other team dictate his strategy. That's why we rarely if ever come in with a radically different game plan or big halftime adjustment based on who we are playing.

We can debate the merits of this probably all day long, but I think in Parcell's mind even if the other team is weak in the secondary, its doesn't mean your team built to pound the ball and/or having offensive line protection problems is going to be successfull throwing it 50 times.

Its a philosophy IMO that will work better if you have a really good team. Jimmy for example rarely came in with any totally unique game plans because he didn't have to - nobody was going to stop Emmitt anyway. And it will probably fare better for Bill too once the talent level gets to where he wants it.

Is the talent enough now? Dunno, guess we'll see this year. But if not then its a very legitimate question mark. If it is and we avoid the injury plague then i think it diminishes as a concern significantly.

:hammer: just stay away from QB debates and you'll be fine ;)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
I said "can stop", not "will stop".

Are you so confident that Bledsoe is going to step up huge after making a career of not doing that? You can't see "playing not to lose" rather than "playing to win" coming back to bite Dallas in the playoffs where one play can end a season?
If I was a worrier, I would find several things to worry about prior to coming to Bledsoe, ... but since I'm not a worrier, I just don't think that way.

I am excited about the possibilities this season holds, .. not thinking about everything that could go wrong.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
aznhalf said:
I don't view Bledsoe as a bus driver.

To me a bus driver type QB is one who just makes the easy throws and takes care of the ball.

Bledsoe has the ability to make people open with his arm and is able to make the spectacular throws when he has time.

How many of you guys has played on an offensive line ? I was a RT through my senoir year in HS (Also played LB, which I prefered, but small school...had to play both).

I know in the film sessions after the game I love to see that perfect pocket or the crack back block on the LB as the line blocked down on the defenders to spring the RB for a big gain.

We had a QB like Bledsoe (Sr. Year), strong arm but kinda slow. I know it would demoralise us when we saw that great pocket, he would just hold onto the ball and get sacked. We would punch him in the film room and say get rid of it you idiot.

Now, my Jr. year we had a more mobile QB. This guy would setup faster and...take off faster. I mean there were times he HAD more time to look or wait for a reciever to get open, but he would take off running. Now we won more games with this guy in our Jr. year than the other guy in our Sr. year...

But I'm not sure, as a lineman now...Which I liked better.

Make me think how the linemen feel in Atlanta where the work their butts of for Vick to make a pocket and the guy takes off.

If we had a mobile QB last year maybe Rob and Torin don't give up as many sacks, yet they lose that rush of watching a completion in the film room from the perfect pocket if they had a Vick like player.

Not sure my point here, maybe none at all...Just wondereing with all of the O-line talk here what old O-line guys here think.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
cobra said:
Do you have any basis for any of these claims?

They all look completely made-up to me.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I won't rehash Bledsoe over and over again but good gawd, all those claims are easy to substantiate.

Check out his anemic career postseason rating, go to NFL.com and compare his September stats with his December ones for almost every season of his career and I've shown examples of his poor play in bad weather on this site more times than I care to.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski said:
From making a deep run in the playoffs.

These are in no particular order.

1. Free safety - Unless someone steps up to adequate, teams are going to expoit this weakness. Davis may have been the worst starter in the NFL last season. When teams needed to make a play, they went at him or to areas exposed by people cheating to help him. One or two huge plays over FS can turn a playoff game.

2. Drew Bledsoe - As said, he has a history of "coming up small" when it matters, is notorious for fading down the stretch and plays poorly in inclement weather. I guess the best analogy is that he could be a decent "bus driver" when he realizes that is what he is, not a formula one driver.

3. Injuries to key players - Last year Adams was key due to inadequate backups. This year the team could survive losing Adams thanks to Fabini but it cannot lose Ferguson or Ware. The depth just doesn't bring to the table anything close to what those two do.

4. Coaching - There's been times in the last few years where Dallas was simply out-coached during the game. Very few times has Dallas spotted another team's weakness and exploited it and "aggressive" isn't a dirty word.
1. Actually is a minor thing. The rest of the D is good enough that having issues at FS won't stop us.

2. The biggest concern for our team. Should he get hurt, the entire season could be lost. The most non-replaceable player on our team.

3. Better depth this year and with the off season workout program in place we generally esperience fewer injuries. You never want injuries because depth is usually a problem. That is just a part of the game.

4. I completely understand your point. Here is hoping BP finally knows he has to get his head in the game each week.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
I said "can stop", not "will stop".

Are you so confident that Bledsoe is going to step up huge after making a career of not doing that? You can't see "playing not to lose" rather than "playing to win" coming back to bite Dallas in the playoffs where one play can end a season?

we lost our playoffs on three seperate plays last year if we had had just one go for us we would have been in the playoffs.

cowboywho?

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Care to elaborate on that in some form of detail? Perhaps how they will go about doing that? :rolleyes:

Dont tell me you didnt expect that response.

However I dont think it is a sure win for either team.
But i know for damn sure that we are going to put up a fight.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
cowboywho? said:
Dont tell me you didnt expect that response.

However I dont think it is a sure win for either team.
But i know for damn sure that we are going to put up a fight.

By "fight", you mean losing games, then having Gibbs whine to the NFL front office about it? :rolleyes:

superpunk

Reaction score
Say word.....

http://i17.***BLOCKED***/albums/b93/bobby_james/joegibbs_cruise.jpg

cowboywho?

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
By "fight", you mean losing games, then having Gibbs whine to the NFL front office about it? :rolleyes:

care to elaborate on that? you know how you guys are going to win?

superpunk

Reaction score
cowboywho? said:
care to elaborate on that? you know how you guys are going to win?

I'll venture a guess -

we score more points than you.

superpunk

Reaction score
cowboywho? said:
And how your going to score more points then us?

Touchdowns, field goals, maybe a safety.

I don't know - it could get pretty crazy.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Mr. cowboywho, what you've been typing are some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in any of your rambling, incoherent posts are you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read them. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.