CFZ Things You'll Look for in the Chargers vs. Cowboys Preseason Game

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If Mahomes or Allen had been seriously hurt, jobs would be on the line. To me it’s just not a big deal either way. Dak had a great first game last year with no ps snaps.

Who cares? Nothing matters until the regular season starts. These ps games are all about who will fill these backup roster positions IMO.

College FB doesn’t need ps games to get their teams ready. These games are simply a money grab for the owners, not really that necessary despite what some coaches and fans say. The coaches have to say the party line.
To each their own.

I think every rep counts and the more opportunity to get ready the better.

Some teams chose to take advantage of those opportunities and some don't. Shocker that the Cowboys are one of the teams that chose the easy road whenever given the chance.

Jarntt

Reaction score
WR - Since I think Gallup misses 4plus games I’m worried about WR and would love to see a guy look like he is tough to cover or make some great catches. I’m also looking to see which of these receivers can run down and make tackles on special teams.

Kicker obviously. Hopefully both get at least two chances.

The big uglies - I’d like to see them dominate both sides of the line. I’d also like to see our DL get some penetration and a sack or two. In particular from our DL I’m hoping Williams builds off of his game last week and makes a splash play or two. I’d like to see Bohanna or Ridgeway look like they can be real run stuffers. I still think Bohanna needs to put some weight back on. He just isn’t playing on 3rd down anyway so rebuild that fat base and anchor and let’s see what you can do.

DBs - I think this one is a little blown out of proportion because there were some great passes last week against decent coverage but I’d like to see one of the 2 picks from last year or Bland get a pick and someone earn that #4 CB spot because Lewis is already a little banged up and right now if one of our CBs goes down in the regular season, it’s going to be a little scary

cox - I want to see him look healthy. I think he is going to be a huge key to our nickel defense and hope he plays and looks like he did last preseason where he was probably our best player

I'm not worried about QB because I’m not high on any of these guys and if Dak goes down we are screwed and after watching Denver last week I think there may be some QBs that can be had after cut downs or via trade right before.

the young TEs. All of them. Hoping someone will be good enough for us to let Schultz go after the year and use that money elsewhere. Also interested if one can actually block as a FB. It’s not the same as blocking as an HBack and while McGovern was useful last year he is so limited that there is only so much he can do back there.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I’d also like to see some guys play like their jobs are on the line because they are

JayFord

Reaction score
No injuries...

idc if they win by 50 or lose by 50 or commit 40 penalties

i dont want anyone injured....staying healthy this team will win the nfc east

HungryLion

Reaction score
I want to see more from Josh Ball. We really really need him to start playing well to be the swing tackle.

I want to see Sam Williams more.

The CB battle is also interesting.

With daron bland balling out. It’s very possible that either Wright or Joseph is cut this off-season. I’m very interested to see if they can both show up and make it worthwhile for the cowboys to go deep at CB. Otherwise it could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder from last years draft getting the axe.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Since we completely destroyed them in practice both days by all accounts, shouldn't we expect more of the same?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
More development from the youngsters. After all that’s what these games are about so....

Absolutely.

Key players I'm looking for to contribute this year are Bland, Williams, Tolbert, Fehoko, the running backs, back up QB, and of course Tyler Smith, and the LT situation.

I already like what we have at TE.

I wanna see guys on defense doing well.

And that sums up what I'm looking for.

I don't care if we win or lose. It doesn't matter. I just want to see players play well, here and there.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I want to see more from Josh Ball. We really really need him to start playing well to be the swing tackle.

I want to see Sam Williams more.

The CB battle is also interesting.

With daron bland balling out. It’s very possible that either Wright or Joseph is cut this off-season. I’m very interested to see if they can both show up and make it worthwhile for the cowboys to go deep at CB. Otherwise it could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder from last years draft getting the axe.
You’re right… if Josh Ball can play well, it would alleviate some concerns, for sure.