Thinking About That Denver Game

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
we would of won if newman didnt drop that int he could of ran into the endzone.

that game cost us the playoffs as did cortez

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
stealth said:
he did say that and at the time I thought it was kinda tongue in cheek but now I am wondering. those gimmicky plays are fun, what I don't understand is Crayton is a former QB so why haven't we used it at all

We did in the first game crayton was active in 04, he threw a pick on a wr reverse option pass.

They havent called that since!!!!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Eddie said:
That should never have happened. Actually, Santana Moss wasn't the one who beat us ... Greg Williams outcoached us. We were killing them, and it should have been over a long time ago. But Williams D kept them in the game, and voila, two deep ones and game over.

Not to mention the cortez 30 yard chip shot on the opening drive that was missed.

Calicowboy

Reaction score
With TG he needs space to get a move in. With T.O, space is needed too, but he can do one of two things:

Make a move and speed away.

Straight arm the defender into the ground and speed away.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Dwelling on this past seasons failures and shortcomings is not THE ANSWER.

There is a basic thereom we can apply to the 2005 season: a healthy oline + kicker = 12-4 record

We didn't have either and it cost us. I now feel confident that we have adequately addressed this teams needs via the draft and free agency and hope that these same problems don't plague us in 2006.

~The Answer

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
yeah, someone already mentioned that T.O catch n run against champ. he put a move and he was gone. T.O just has so much strength he'll straight-arm the CB to the ground. I too expect to see this play more often, not only with T.O but with Green also.

ravidubey

Reaction score
JaiRiid said:
I hate rehashing these types of memories, but was thinking about a passing play we ran way too much during that game... I believe it was QB obtion play where Bledsoe could either hand off to the back or quickstep back and fire out to a receiver that was usually one-on-one with the cornerback...

I used to hope to never see that play again after that game, but with the addition of Owens, I believe that this play would start to have some potential to do really well for us. Keyshawn did a fairly decent job with it, but it didn't work so hot for Glenn on that last offensive series.

If Owens is matched up against an isolated corner (possibly undersized or unexperienced), I will take my bets on him winning that matchup many times for us.

Last year the Denver game was a perfect example of how we had no room for error on offense. No one position was extraordinary and it took perfect play from the QB to get anything accomplished. We had to struggle to make many plays because our blocking just couldn't keep up with the quick Denver defenders. I think we're beginning to address this by upgrading the speed of our blockers.

Unfortunately on the kind of play you mention I believe Bledsoe threw a pick (ironically to Bailey) that was taken to the house. It was mostly Bledsoe's fault, but Campbell was very slow getting outside on that play.

I think Fasano was a big upgrade, question is how much we'll see of it this year.