Thinking of selling my house and moving to Texas

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Very true.

I think the state motto is Keep Texas Stoopid

I wouldn't say that, but we are most certainly a I do like my Grandpappy and my Daddy did state that doesn't think outside the box and are close-minded to a fault. Our state motto is Friendship by the way, though if you ask 90% of Texans they'll tell you it's Don't Mess With Texas. Sounds cooler. We all also own at least one piece of equipment be it a koozie, key ring, or trucker cap that says Alright, Alright, Alright on it as well as some sort of digital recording of the 93 Nolan Ryan butt whoopin of Robin Ventura. It's like a form of Texas identification to have these things on you at all times.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Not sure what that means. My town is actually one of the ones with lower property taxes. But they are still much higher than other states. I hear people complain they are paying $6000 in property taxes and I laugh. I would literally move out of state to reduce my taxes to $6000. But we also pay a top rate of 10.75% in income taxes, over 6.625% in sales taxes, we have annoying and expensive tolls on our highways and bridges. It is absurd how much we are taxes in NJ. Where does it all go?

Been there - paid that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that, but we are most certainly a I do like my Grandpappy and my Daddy did state that doesn't think outside the box and are close-minded to a fault. Our state motto is Friendship by the way, though if you ask 90% of Texans they'll tell you it's Don't Mess With Texas. Sounds cooler. We all also own at least one piece of equipment be it a koozie, key ring, or trucker cap that says Alright, Alright, Alright on it as well as some sort of digital recording of the 93 Nolan Ryan butt whoopin of Robin Ventura. It's like a form of Texas identification to have these things on you at all times.

I hear you. My dad was stationed at Naval Air Station Dallas back in the late 80s/early 90s. I spent the majority of my junior high and high school years in Arlington.