This board was right on Linehan

Status
Not open for further replies.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh there are TONS of reasons why the offense is running more smoothly. And much of it are either things Linehan didn't do, wouldn't do, or refused to do.

Motion is helping the quarterback to better identify what the defense is trying to do, giving him confidence and helping to quicken decision making. Bunch formations are harder to defend than Linehan's old, tired, 'one one each side' approach.

Timing is not only quicker in most cases, but it's far less predictable than it was under Linehan. This has helped immensely in pass protection.

It's not a coincidence that everything across the board looks better now that he's gone.

It's not a coincidence that no team in the league will touch him.
giphy.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
That's more on Dak being confidence, because they called vertical routes down the middle last season that Dak wouldn't throw until Cooper got here, Dak now is forcing teams to defend the entire field.
Disagree. It's more on the playcalling and the way routes are being run, the progressions the receivers are going through, putting slants and crosses back in the game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So what is happening now, it's been 2 games and will be 1 season.

Moore still has to prove he can adjust if anyone catches up to him.

However, its pretty obvious to see that he is already better then both Garrett and Linehan.

Dre11

Reaction score
Those WR's did not run great routes and often created no separation.

I agree, we've upgraded at every Wr position, I was a big Dez fan, but it became clear he wasn't a good wr for Dak. Their strengths did mesh.

Dre11

Reaction score
Moore still has to prove he can adjust if anyone catches up to him.

However, its pretty obvious to see that he is already better then both Garrett and Linehan.

Lol after 2 games? I'm not saying he isn't, but you must've forgot Garrett Offense ranking in top 5 when he started, and also in 2016 this offense was ranked in the top 5 IIRC, if not definitely top 10.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol after 2 games? I'm not saying he isn't, but you must've forgot Garrett Offense ranking in top 5 when he started, and also in 2016 this offense was ranked in the top 5 IIRC, if not definitely top 10.

What can I tell you? Some people can see quality early and some cant.

Think Dak Prescott. Guys like you were making fun of me with Prescott also.

I concede its very early with Moore.

But you can already see tendencies. He attacks. Best quality of a OC.

Dre11

Reaction score
What can I tell you? Some people can see quality early and some cant.

Think Dak Prescott. Guys like you were making fun of me with Prescott also.

I concede its very early with Moore.

But you can already see tendencies. He attacks. Best quality of a OC.

Lol as I told you before I've always had Dak's back and has always been a fan of his. You can check any of my post since he's been here. And what you're seeing is Dak attacking as he has matured and has players to attack with.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol as I told you before I've always had Dak's back and has always been a fan of his. You can check any of my post since he's been here. And what you're seeing is Dak attacking as he has matured and has players to attack with.

The conversation is about Moore is it not? Dak was just an example.

Moore is a stud. Can you see it or not?

Dre11

Reaction score
The conversation is about Moore is it not? Dak was just an example.

Moore is a stud. Can you see it or not?

The example you lump me in, and thats false. Moore has done a nice job, still doesn't eliminate him having a stacked deck. It still doesn't eliminate the Dak's growth that started in the middle of last season.

Also wasn't you one of the ones going ballistic when they made him qb coach and then OC

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The example you lump me in, and thats false. Moore has done a nice job, still doesn't eliminate him having a stacked deck. It still doesn't eliminate the Dak's growth that started in the middle of last season.

Also wasn't you one of the ones going ballistic when they made him qb coach and then OC

Moore is the real deal. Be happy about it.

Dre11

Reaction score
Moore is the real deal. Be happy about it.

I guess you don't remember saying this

By promoting from within it assures guys like Jerry and Garrett that they will remain in control. All Moore as OC means is that we will generally have the same Garrett offense and scheme with a few new wrinkles.

Jan 31, 2019 Report

Or this

And where is it written that bad players with little to no experience coaching will be great coaches from day 1?

Jan 31, 2019 Report

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I guess you don't remember saying this

By promoting from within it assures guys like Jerry and Garrett that they will remain in control. All Moore as OC means is that we will generally have the same Garrett offense and scheme with a few new wrinkles.

Jan 31, 2019 Report

Or this

And where is it written that bad players with little to no experience coaching will be great coaches from day 1?

Jan 31, 2019 Report

Hated the hire. Most wanted someone with experience.

Once Jerry told Garrett to stay out of the way thats all I had to hear.

Last edited:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
All Linehan defenders crawled back under a rock , not one is to be seen or heard of in here ., anymore .

Where they go ?
...:huh:

Will happen with Garrett too .

Dre11

Reaction score
Hated the hire. Most wanted someone with experience.

Once Jerry told Garrett to stay out of the way thats all I had to hear.

And no Jerry didn't, that's one of the reason he felt comfortable with him as OC, did you miss him saying Jason was a safety net for Moore. Obviously you did.

And I defended the move. My response to a statement made about him.

He's never called a play or game planned in his life.

Dre11: How do you know? Frederick claims he called a play that scored multiple times.

Jan 31, 2019 Report

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And no Jerry didn't, that's one of the reason he felt comfortable with him as OC, did you miss him saying Jason was a safety net for Moore. Obviously you did.

And I defended the move. My response to a statement made about him.

He's never called a play or game planned in his life.

Dre11: How do you know? Frederick claims he called a play that scored multiple times.

Jan 31, 2019 Report

Safety net? LOL

Moore doesn't need anything from Garrett but to stay out of the way.

No doubt you would have defended the move no matter who they hired.

I actually get a big kick out of the fact that a kid that only coached one year as a QB coach can come in and run circles around the hapless Garrett.

Dre11

Reaction score
Safety net? LOL

Moore doesn't need anything from Garrett but to stay out of the way.

No doubt you would have defended the move no matter who they hired.

I actually get a big kick out of the fact that a kid that only coached one year as a QB coach can come in and run circles around the hapless Garrett.

Lol not. You must have missed Garrett's offenses early. And guess what, he's still using Garrett's offense..lol

What's funny is you who lambasted the organization for the hire. Now have to tuck your tail and weasel your way back on the bandwagon...lol trying to act like you was on board , until you got called out.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Garrett’s offensive rankings didn’t have anything to do with his playcalling.

Garrett has been an anchor to this offense on Sundays for over a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.