This could be a competitive roster if

triplets_93

Reaction score
We had 2 more playmakers on D. One stud DT and another legit pass rusher. I would say a legit pass rusher might do the trick.
IF Jerrah hadn't overpaid for Dak and CD, lot's of things would be possible...

phildadon86

Reaction score
Make no mistake this team should be a contender.

Jerry took a team with three straight 12 win seasons and ignored almost every issue.

We could've added a handful of pieces and staff, and been a legitimate contender. Instead we were absent from the off season.
What’s worse. If they added one piece that was needed per off season they would look much better.

tunahelper

Reaction score

Jerry took a team with three straight 12 win seasons and ignored almost every issue.

We could've added a handful of pieces and staff, and been a legitimate contender. Instead we were absent from the off season.
This defense could have been scored up for sure if JJ would have spent some money.

Reactions: CWR

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

This. This team needed a few tweaks at certain positions to at least put us on paper better than we have been the last few years- even if with a harder scheduled we only won 10 or 11 games instead of 12. They didn’t need to be all pro level guys either, just established vets who could help at some of the positions of need.

This organization says we couldn’t because of the cap- yet we’ve had years where the team virtually had no shot at all and they still kicked the can down the road, restructured and freed up space for a team that if every move hit and went well maybe they’d win 10 games and the division and that’s if everything went right.

This year they decide to now put a line in the sand and say we are “taking our medicine” and won’t manufacture cap space, if you did it back then for those teams- you should have done it now. If not now then when ? You know u we’re committing to dak and Ceedee and the star guys, so manipulate the cap now in this limited window and pay the bill later.

It was malpractice then and still is. They relied on hope on every key position and we are paying for it.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Dallas was not held to 3 field goals because of their pass rush. If you have a much improved defense, you’re still losing 31-9 or 22-9 or 26-9

gtb1943

Reaction score
We had 2 more playmakers on D. One stud DT and another legit pass rusher. I would say a legit pass rusher might do the trick.
We need 2 DT; 1 De; 1LB; 1 CB that will tackle; 1 S; 1 G; 2 T; 1 WR; 1RB and we would have a very good roster

blueblood70

Reaction score
You know what they say about coulda woulda shoulda... Goes along with maybe an ifs and butts...LOL we got 11 games left to prove what we are good bad or somewhere in between... You mean any pass rusher you do know we lost our top 4 pass rushers this year I mean literally they've hardly played and they all should be back we lost our top corner from last year we lost the backup we lost our middle linebacker and we had like 6 starters on defense out the last three weeks...

We'll find out what this team's made of in the next four games.. Are we gonna stay on this path of destruction and get worse every week and have a fire sale and it's over or we gonna try to salvage this season like we did in 2018 get on track..

gtb1943

Reaction score
You know what they say about coulda woulda shoulda... Goes along with maybe an ifs and butts...LOL we got 11 games left to prove what we are good bad or somewhere in between... You mean any pass rusher you do know we lost our top 4 pass rushers this year I mean literally they've hardly played and they all should be back we lost our top corner from last year we lost the backup we lost our middle linebacker and we had like 6 starters on defense out the last three weeks...

We'll find out what this team's made of in the next four games.. Are we gonna stay on this path of destruction and get worse every week and have a fire sale and it's over or we gonna try to salvage this season like we did in 2018 get on track..
homers will always be homers

coult44

Reaction score
If we cleaned house and started from scratch with a competent GM, some high draft picks, and some actually impactful FA signings.
Why do we continually talk about something so unrealistic? It’s like buying a lottery ticket and telling your friend “when I win this money I’m going to buy a Lamborghini”.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Why do we continually talk about something so unrealistic? It’s like buying a lottery ticket and telling your friend “when I win this money I’m going to buy a Lamborghini”.
He's still allowed to speculate. Why do you have an issue with that? Why does that offend you?

I got an idea. Please list all the rules you want for everyone else here when it comes to discussion so we can then all laugh at it and not follow any of it.

Robster8989

Reaction score

Exactly.
We were a solid team, with some obvious holes. We couldn't run the ball, nor could we stop the run.
So what was our GM's response?
Let our top RB leave and replace him with a washed up Zeke. Pollard's cap hit this season is 4 mil, and Zeke's is 2. Was that worth it?
I'll throw in we traded away our 4th rounder for a 3rd string QB who likely will not see the field this year. You know who was there in Round 4 that we could have taken? Braelon Allen. I thought a Pollard/Allen combo at RB would be amazing. But we have washed Zeke instead, and Lance (who will not see the field in all likelihood). We are actually paying Lance/Zeke more than what Pollard/Allen would cost in cap space.
I can understand letting the 2 OL starters go and replacing them with picks, although I think I would have kept Biadasz at his 4 mil cap hit.
And we did improve at LB, I'll give them that.
But we didn't even really address DT, except late in the draft with a player who didn't make our roster and then washed up players (Phillips, Joseph). How long have been exposed at DT? Remember the Rams running it down our throats years ago in the playoffs?
Any other GM who made these questionable decisions would be fired.
But Jerry is not going fire himself, which is the crux of our problem.

Bagman

Reaction score

Agreed. This Cowboy team BEAT the Lions last season. It's amazing how much Jerry has allowed this organization to regress. We lost tons of depth and character. We added ZERO playmakers and speed. We fell 20 spots in power rankings seemingly overnight. Great job, Jerry

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We need a dominant DT. We have players that can get to the QB, but we need players that can stop the run. We’re struggling to get to the passer because of our DL. Our LBs are being blocked out. Parsons has been ineffective this season. He was being taken out of plays by a tight end against New Orleans.