This could be our year

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yup, finding QB's who excel in the 4th quarter like Dak are a dime a dozen. Any street free agent can do that. lol.
I honestly don't get these Dak haters. Just look at the teams always trying to find a QB and they fail year after year. Hell just look at Dallas after Aikman, I'm not going to list those guys

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Just cooper. Next March, trade Zeke, and tag and trade Dak.
Ok, I’ll ask you like I ask all the anti Dak “fans” and it was the same question I asked all the anti-Romo “fans”

What’s you solution at QB if we don’t have Dak. A legit workable, realistic option. Have you ever seen how many good QB’s there are on the planet? Have you noticed how many busts there are when drafting QBs?It’s not an easy spot to fill.

Knowing that try to remove any biases you have regarding Dak and just look at the numbers. No, not just the ones you want to suit your bias. All of them.

Percy and many others have posted detailed stats that show, at least, he’s pretty good. One of them is wins(arguably the most important) Compare his with Brady since he came into the league.

After looking at all of his stats provide a plan to replace him and be sure he’ll be better than Dak. Because if he doesn’t end up being that good you made a stupid move.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This Cowboys team has a lot of really good talent and depth (knock on wood). We finally purged Linehan. Marinelli seems to be turning over control to Richard.

Garett is a seasoned coach. Say what you want but he has mostly learned from his mistakes and improved along the way.

Jerry is due one more SB before he takes off into the afterlife. I think this is our year. Maybe one of several if we don’t ruin our cap.
Kellan Moore is gonna have to step up and not crap his pants when the game get tight.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Level headed posts like this are not necessary

Please put “#believe” in your sig do we know you’re a ‘real fan’

I'd be doing precisely that if it weren't for the fact I'd be kidding myself. :lmao:

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Ok, I’ll ask you like I ask all the anti Dak “fans” and it was the same question I asked all the anti-Romo “fans”

What’s you solution at QB if we don’t have Dak. A legit workable, realistic option. Have you ever seen how many good QB’s there are on the planet? Have you noticed how many busts there are when drafting QBs?It’s not an easy spot to fill.

Knowing that try to remove any biases you have regarding Dak and just look at the numbers. No, not just the ones you want to suit your bias. All of them.

Percy and many others have posted detailed stats that show, at least, he’s pretty good. One of them is wins(arguably the most important) Compare his with Brady since he came into the league.

After looking at all of his stats provide a plan to replace him and be sure he’ll be better than Dak. Because if he doesn’t end up being that good you made a stupid move.
There is no problem with Dak right now. He is a steal on his rookie contract. The problem begins if your gonna pay him 30+ mil a year your gonna lose players around him because this team is loaded. You cant keep everyone and usually when a QB gets paid it's over for that team to win a SB unless your name is Brady. Russell wilson as good as he is will never see another SB making what he making. So the question is would you rather keep the team together and draft another young prospect or bring in a a cheap veteran player or pay Dak and lose good players and lose good roster depth. I would rather franchise Dak and start drafting QBs but none of this 5th round Mike White garbage. Dallas needs to draft 1st round talent.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
This Cowboys team has a lot of really good talent and depth (knock on wood). We finally purged Linehan. Marinelli seems to be turning over control to Richard.

Garett is a seasoned coach. Say what you want but he has mostly learned from his mistakes and improved along the way.

Jerry is due one more SB before he takes off into the afterlife. I think this is our year. Maybe one of several if we don’t ruin our cap.
maybe

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
For the first time since like 07 08 09. It could be but not likely

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
There is no problem with Dak right now. He is a steal on his rookie contract. The problem begins if your gonna pay him 30+ mil a year your gonna lose players around him because this team is loaded. You cant keep everyone and usually when a QB gets paid it's over for that team to win a SB unless your name is Brady. Russell wilson as good as he is will never see another SB making what he making. So the question is would you rather keep the team together and draft another young prospect or bring in a a cheap veteran player or pay Dak and lose good players and lose good roster depth. I would rather franchise Dak and start drafting QBs but none of this 5th round Mike White garbage. Dallas needs to draft 1st round talent.

I’m not trying to argue and you do make a good point. I just don’t agree with it.

I’d like to see exactly how many first round QBs don’t make it.

While we’re drafting these guys and not drafting other core players from the first round our team is also in rebuilding mode (perpetually) because of not having a QB which is, by far, the most important player that correlates to winning.

Seattle could’ve won it last year. Except they ran into a young up and coming talented team.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cowboys-udfa-lb-luke-gifford-sustains-broken-finger.436959/

Still think this is our year?

Jipper

Reaction score
with zeke out, its going to be one of two things....either were going to be an 8-8 mess or a RB is going to step up and were going to hit the 11/12 win mark....unfortuantly, not having zeke greatly diminishes are potential chances to succeed but there is still hope...

CPanther95

Reaction score

There are an awful lot of mistakes you can make to learn from. Garrett seems to be learning from all of them.

You'll turn the corner when he starts learning from other coaches mistakes also.

Verdict

Reaction score
There are an awful lot of mistakes you can make to learn from. Garrett seems to be learning from all of them.

You'll turn the corner when he starts learning from other coaches mistakes also.

I think he learns from everything. He’s a good coach. The thing holding him back is “game feel”. Sometimes the “feel” of the game escapes him. Stats are fine. Probabilities are fine. But game feel and momentum can’t be overlooked either and that’s his Achilles heel right now.

quickccc

Reaction score
- health: i.e, we do not have luxury of a Nick Fole in the wait
- defense: kicked out of playoffs in last 3 appearances because of defensive lapse
- much better coaching (we've been outcoached last 3 playoff appearances)
- special teams (our current FG kicker is highly suspect, ditto for coverage)
- Moore-gun offense has to successfully click better and score points than Linehan's.
- Gain home field advantage in playoffs throughout. If we continue this jeckyl/hyde run defense, we need to make sure we're at home.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I believe it could be, but he best get Zeke in here sometime in the next 2 weeks or so. At least when they get back to Frisco.
And yes, Garrett has improved, from the 1st 8 games last year, he had his normal gaffes a few times, but the last 8 games he did not have any. He coached pretty well.