This day in Dallas Cowboys history - January 28, 1996 - Super Bowl XXX

J_Allen

Reaction score
For those of us who had been watching the Boys you could tell that the journey was ending. Too many FA losses. OUR depth was disapearing; and the O line was starting to get old and deteriorate; especially Newton
Since Switzer showed absolutely zero control of the team, Erik Williams finally derailed and ruined his HOF career the year prior. He was about 60% of what he once was.

Our deep threat on offense was gone, depth on the D line was gone, depth at linebacker gone, depth in the secondary gone. We were lucky to even be there.

Cowboyfanforlife

Reaction score
Since Switzer showed absolutely zero control of the team, Erik Williams finally derailed and ruined his HOF career the year prior. He was about 60% of what he once was.

Our deep threat on offense was gone, depth on the D line was gone, depth at linebacker gone, depth in the secondary gone. We were lucky to even be there.
Welp, thats a testament that shows just how good that dynasty was that jimmy built....It was that 3rd superbowl imo.......no depth, age, injuries, turmoil...........AND they still won it!!!!! Under BARRY SWITZER!!!!! Oh my....thats how good that team was.....

mathew1184

Reaction score
Confused here, as you would have been 7&8 respectively for Super Bowl XXVII and XXVIII

Why didn't you watch those 2?
Because I didn’t start watching football until 1994. Barry Switzer was the coach and we lost to the 49ers. They beat the Chargers in the SB that year. Next year we beat the Steelers and that’s the SB I was able to watch.,

J_Allen

Reaction score
Welp, thats a testament that shows just how good that dynasty was that jimmy built....It was that 3rd superbowl imo.......no depth, age, injuries, turmoil...........AND they still won it!!!!! Under BARRY SWITZER!!!!! Oh my....thats how good that team was.....
Exactly...two years after free agency and dysfunction and Jimmy's team was still good enough to win.

stuckindc

Reaction score
For those of us who had been watching the Boys you could tell that the journey was ending. Too many FA losses. OUR depth was disapearing; and the O line was starting to get old and deteriorate; especially Newton
It was bittersweet, because we knew it was the end. And the frustration of it ending way before it should have. Never seen something so huge and unstoppable come to a screeching halt over complete stupidity

J_Allen

Reaction score
Because I didn’t start watching football until 1994. Barry Switzer was the coach and we lost to the 49ers. They beat the Chargers in the SB that year. Next year we beat the Steelers and that’s the SB I was able to watch.,
That was the very first Cowboys game I watched and for some reason I had a really bad feeling from the very start.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
This is the game where the NFC dominance in the SB changed. Imo.

Remember, Cowboys were huge favorites. The game was close until that second pick.

The next year, NE was within a TD of GB before that TD return.

Denver finally won and it's been relatively even since.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Saw a recent Nate interview where he said he told his wife after that game they were done winning SBs. He knew it took all they had left to get that one.

I'm just glad they got it, especially given how things have gone since.

mrmojo

Reaction score
That was a hard season as a fan, you cou;d tell the team was fading.....after the SB we became Deions team.....no more hard work, attention to detail, discipline....its been taht way since......