This defense is horrible

ghst187

Reaction score
This is nonsense.

I get it. It's the Jags. So you haven't seen him play clearly. The Jags had him shadow the opposing team's number 1 and since the start of 2017 when he was the closest defender he'd allowed a passer rating of 56.2. In that same time frame he's first in yards allowed per target. He is a stud. He's been a better NFL player than Zeke has and will be a better player for longer than Zeke can hope to be.

But your question was would he help the run defense and the answer is yes.

The first is anything but nonsense... Zeke grinding out close games was the diff between a lot of wins and losses more so than any CB not named Deion.
Sure Ramsey is a great player and he can lock down the number one all day but that didn’t equate to a lot more wins...we lost Zeke and lost a season.
Byron Jones locks down his guy too he just can’t make a play on the ball. Even if you added a few INTs ....It helps but it’s not season altering
All still very different from claiming a guy can lock down a third of the field.
Maybe Zeke continues to slide and maybe Ramsey remains a good player for longer we will see..but to claim it now is beyond homeristic... It’s not like the Jags will benefit....
we get it you still lament each passing day Ramsey isn’t a Cowboy...
But it wasn’t to be, it was best for all...Ramsey got to play with a better D, and his talent won’t be wasted here. And we got a player we actually used...for a while...

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
This defense is big mystery wrapped up in enigma. I don’t understand how there can be so much statistical success ranking wise, and then look so incompetent with tackling. The linebackers look more like rookies than when they were rookies.

Awuzie has been absolutely horrendous in coverage. Lewis still only gets regular snaps as a slot corner when Brown is out and he has been our only “ball hawk” besides Woods.

Coaching is beyond stubborn with lack of blitzes, especially against inexperienced quarterbacks. We’d have lost yesterday with Stafford back there. 27 pts to a backup QB? Hardly what an elite or good defense does against a team with no running game and a qb making his second start ever.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s also his scheme....we have some pretty decent DTs in the middle but they are still making JAG rbs look like pro bowlers...
I guess you'd have to define pretty decent.

At any other position, players of their quality would be noticed and everyone would want them replaced. Rotational guys.

75boyz

Reaction score
The Patriots will just keep running the ball. Why wouldn't they when they can get four or five yards each time.

Yep, the 3 headed RBBC monster of Sony Michel, Rex Burkhead and James White.
Wouldn’t surprise me if they collectively dropped 200 on the Boys.
Pitiful.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If those defending this defense are going to use stats instead of their eyes and can it make a stop when it has to or turn the game over to it with a lead, then consider those stats are against the 24 (twice), 28, 31 and 32 ranked offenses and 2 teams with backup QB's. That's 7 of the 10 games that gave us those stats.

This defense celebrates plays, the NE defense celebrates games. Did you see the NE players jumping around like they'd never made a play yesterday or were they doing their job. The Cowboys have an inconsistent and unreliable defense but they earned that. They assumed automatic improvement in too many players and didn't get that in any of them. The best player is a merc on a one year deal.

We don't know if it's coaching or talent but I'd bet on both.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
the interior Dl is making our LBs look pathetic,it cant be helped until we get rid of marinellis scheme.
Actually Sunday...they did try something different...they widened out the NT to play head up on a guard...was working...but then they went away from it.

reddyuta

Reaction score
This defense is big mystery wrapped up in enigma. I don’t understand how there can be so much statistical success ranking wise, and then look so incompetent with tackling. The linebackers look more like rookies than when they were rookies.

Awuzie has been absolutely horrendous in coverage. Lewis still only gets regular snaps as a slot corner when Brown is out and he has been our only “ball hawk” besides Woods.

Coaching is beyond stubborn with lack of blitzes, especially against inexperienced quarterbacks. We’d have lost yesterday with Stafford back there. 27 pts to a backup QB? Hardly what an elite or good defense does against a team with no running game and a qb making his second start ever.

at this point i would not recommend blitzing. compared to other team we telegraph our blitzes and can lead to big plays.