CFZ This Defense Is Special

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
This defense has a chance to be one of those rare defenses that are being talked about many years later, like we do the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens.

The Dallas defense has the unbelievably difficult combination of very good coverage on the backend with a phenomenal pass rush up front. You see good defenses in the NFL and they usually have one or the other. The fact that Dallas has it on both ends of the defense makes it extremely difficult to beat. It doesn’t mean that they will go undefeated but it is going to be a nightmare to try to beat.

The secondary just didn’t really allow anyone on the Giants to get open and Micah and company gave Jones almost no time to try to find anyone to throw to.

That combination is rare, elite, or any other word you want to come up with but it is an unreal unit and it should keep the Cowboys in every game this season. Enjoy it guys because there just aren’t defenses very often that is this good.

Hell of a job putting that defense together. Kudos all around.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see the winning percentage of teams the game after they play the cowboys

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Newest version of Doomsday will be fun to watch.

3398ac7510158ccfa4dc4d13e33d8bf0.jpg

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Bell needs to be talked about. Since last preseason I’ve known that he is a big hitter and a very strong tackler but damn, I think I was under rating him. He arrives at the ball hard and fast and guys just go down immediately when he does. That fumble he caused was a routine play but was a thing of beauty. He is just one of those guys that hit like a ton of bricks and you can’t really explain why. Sort of like Roy Williams 31. He is a load.

He and Juanyeh Thomas need to get plays every week.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Gilmore was the huge add. Last season QB’s could quickly find someone to throw to over on that right side. It is a big part of why they hardly ever threw at Diggs.

Now, with great coverage on both side, great coverage in the middle of the field and everyone in the secondary being a ball hawk, QB’s are going to have to hold the ball longer to find anyone.

With that pass rush in front of them, QB’s simply aren’t going to have time to find anyone open. And because they hate turnovers so much, they aren’t going to want to just put the ball up for grabs, so the pressure is going to get home a lot more than last year.

It is sort of a perfect storm that makes it incredibly difficult on offenses.

What a thing of beauty. From a guy that played defense at every level that I played at… I love to see it.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Bell needs to be talked about. Since last preseason I’ve known that he is a big hitter and a very strong tackler but damn, I think I was under rating him. He arrives at the ball hard and fast and guys just go down immediately when he does. That fumble he caused was a routine play but was a thing of beauty. He is just one of those guys that hit like a ton of bricks and you can’t really explain why. Sort of like Roy Williams 31. He is a load.

He and Juanyeh Thomas need to get plays every week.
If I'm not mistaken, they're playing him in the role carved out for Overshown. He certainly showed out. Very impressive player.

windjc

Reaction score
Not to be a debbie downer, but this is only week 1. You guys have been around long enough to know how looooong an NFL season lasts. So many things can happen.

I still wonder how Micah is going to hold up after Week 12. He has faded the first two seasons, because of fatigue and knocks and bruises. Is he suddenly going to be Megatron for 20 straight weeks?

Of course, the defense has to avoid serious injuries or eating their own cheese. Those Bears and Ravens defenses were consistent from week one through the SuperBowl. Their players stayed healthy and never faded.

Can we do this? There is a long season ahead.