This entire season depends on two players: Fergy and Julius

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
If Julius Jones cannot return to late 2004 form with TO, Glenn, Witten, and Bledsoe all taking pressure off him, he never will. If we dont have a solid running game, it wont matter that we have TO. Julius has GOT to come up big this year. He doesnt need all-world numbers, just something in the range of 1200-1300 yards and 8-10 TDs, just enough to make teams try and stop him.

Now, the other player this season depends on is Jason Ferguson. He is a mountain of a man at 6'3'', 320, however he underperformed last year. He must step up and return to pre-injury form and stop the run, otherwise teams will shred our run defense like they did late last season.

Murph80

Reaction score
I think if Julius fails Barber will fill in. Fergy will be fine. Henry is the player that needs to come to play this year and stay healthy.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Murph80 said:
I think if Julius fails Barber will fill in. Fergy will be fine. Henry is the player that needs to come to play this year and stay healthy.

Henry's injury is one that is hampering throughout a season, but hamstrings arent usually career hurting injuries, especially to guys so young like Henry who is only 28.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
What kind of post is this? Way off on this one Mr. Hitta........

The running game is the most important factor to any teams offense. Whether you pass to set up the run or run to set up the pass, it doesnt matter, If you cant run the ball, your offense will be limited and you wont be very successfulk, especially late in the year when the weather worsens and passing becomes difficult.

The nose tackle is the key to any 3-4 defense, and any knowledgeable coach/fan/player will tell yuo this. Without a good NT, the 3-4 is all but useless because you cant stop the run at all.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I think this is somewhat overstated (as per usual). Certainly these are two key players for us but to single them out above the rest of the team is a bit over the top. We have many players who have to stay on top of their game for us to be successful. Julius and Fergy are certainly among them but we also have Rivera with his bad back who needs to step up and be worth the money we paid him, Henry needs to stay healthy as well though he was proving to be worth the money before he went down. Glenn also needs to stay healthy; a concern with his history of injuries. The list goes on and on.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I think this is somewhat overstated (as per usual). Certainly these are two key players for us but to single them out above the rest of the team is a bit over the top. We have many players who have to stay on top of their game for us to be successful. Julius and Fergy are certainly among them but we also have Rivera with his bad back who needs to step up and be worth the money we paid him, Henry needs to stay healthy as well though he was proving to be worth the money before he went down. Glenn also needs to stay healthy; a concern with his history of injuries. The list goes on and on.

Never said these were the only two that had to step up, just the most important

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Well I wont hesitate to say I agree with Heavy on Julius Jones. if JJ cant up his game with this Team and all the Talent we have now, then I'm sorry to say it but, MArion Barber is our man...Now That's just a What if. I'm sure Julius Jones will step up this season, so no reason to panic just yet.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
That "Daily Rumor Mill" guy warned teams about giving Fergy big money, noting that he'd revert back to being a turd. Looks like we were taken.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
This entire season depends on two players: Fergy and Julius
There is a name that belongs above both of those players you mentioned. His name is Bledsoe. Without him, it isn't going to matter what Fergy or Julius do. Bledsoe goes down in week one, we put Romo or Henson out there. Yikes!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
There is a name that belongs above both of those players you mentioned. His name is Bledsoe. Without him, it isn't going to matter what Fergy or Julius do. Bledsoe goes down in week one, we put Romo or Henson out there. Yikes!

I'm not talkig about players staying healthy, that would be redundant, of course you have to be healthy. I'm talking about players who need to perform for the team to be good. Bledsoe just has to be average and not make too many mistakes and let the other offensive weapons dictate the game

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, passing the ball effectively and stopping the pass is more important in the NFL than running the ball effectively and stopping the run. Every in-depth statistical analysis has shown this to be true.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, passing the ball effectively and stopping the pass is more important in the NFL than running the ball effectively and stopping the run. Every in-depth statistical analysis has shown this to be true.

And how much easier is it to pass the ball if you can run it, or stop the pass if you cant stop the run?

Exactly, one is dependent on the other

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Henry's injury is one that is hampering throughout a season, but hamstrings arent usually career hurting injuries, especially to guys so young like Henry who is only 28.

Henry's injury was a groin injury, not a hamstring....at least that's what I heard....

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
I agree. But try telling that to Bill Parcells.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
And how much easier is it to pass the ball if you can run it, or stop the pass if you cant stop the run?

Exactly, one is dependent on the other

Really? I think that is the whole point of the game of football? I could be wrong....

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars said:
Really? I think that is the whole point of the game of football? I could be wrong....

The point is, a team that cant run cant pass as effectively because teams will not have to load the box and can keep more people back in coverage, and vice-versa.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I agree. But try telling that to Bill Parcells.

You got that right! :eek:

Parcells likes to run, run, and run again...then maybe throw a pass here or there! ;)

Remember the Eagle game when the offense came out throwing and being aggresive? We kicked some butt!

Following week? Run, run, run, run some more....maybe try a pass now!