This Film Says It All

Blackspider214

Reaction score
But Maranelli?

So overrated. He's living off his short success in the past. He is a stubborn old man who won't change. We will never attack on defense. We will sit back and allow an offense to gain yards at will. Even the most crappy QBs will look good against this defense. 3rd and 4 and our DBs are giving 8 yard cushions and back pedaling and turning their backs to the WR at the snap. It is so maddening. We never adjust to an offense. Not one time did we try and adjust to Denver's offense. We will never blitz and just sit back and play a soft zone all game.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Not on the backend, not even close. Up front, I will say yeah...getting there with Tank, Irving, Moore coming back. Need to get the rooks and vet DBs going this year. It can come together if we get some health.
Not now with these injuries. If healthy I'll take this secondary.....minus Byron scrub Jones.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I am not a fan of giving the receiver 10 yards. Use your corners and jam the receivers at the line of scrimmage.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
The thing is, a lot of those passes were on first down and came with play action. I was noticeing during the game home many yards they were getting on first down passes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy just sounds so unintelligent that I can't take him seriously! After one minute I had to turn it off because I knew that listening any longer would have irreversible consequences.

Same here. Take some speech lessons if you want to do this kind of thing. I can't take someone who can't speak seriously.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m over him. The game has passed him up.

I am getting to that point as well.

He's quite an enigma. There are times when you say to yourself, I can't believe he squeezed that performance out of that defense and then other times you wonder what the hell he was thinking. Even with the CB issues we had, playing soft coverages played right into Siemian's hands.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I’m over him. The game has passed him up.

To me he is great at getting the most out of players in terms of effort and technique, he is just terrible at Xs and Os and making adjustments. They had to be down 21-0 to GB in the playoff game before he made any changes. He would be better suited as a Dline coach than a defensive coordinator in my opinion. I tired of his scheme.

As I said...I'm not a fan of loose zone. I like press coverage.

But I just found the video to be real sloppy and full of hyperbole.

Mute the video and watch the how WIDE open their WRs and TEs are.

I get we aren't a press man team, but the softness of those zones gave the team no shot to compete.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
They have to play off to prevent the big play. We have absolute garbage at safety so the CB's aren't going to get any help from them. I've grown tired of Byron Jones. I never thought he was very good and it's becoming very apparent this year so far.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Fans constantly complaining about playing corners off of receivers don't understand football.

That being said, Trevor Simien is a QB who want to force to beat you deep. I don't understand the decision to play so far off so consistently in THIS game.

Huh?

birdwells1

Reaction score
This guy just sounds so unintelligent that I can't take him seriously! After one minute I had to turn it off because I knew that listening any longer would have irreversible consequences.
Same here. Take some speech lessons if you want to do this kind of thing. I can't take someone who can't speak seriously.

I'm going to defend this guy, I listened to the video again and didn't find anything wrong with it. It sounds like he's a passionate Cowboys fan and according to his YouTube sight spends a lot of time reviewing game film. Just because he's doesn't sound what what you'd expect is no reason to slight his intelligence.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm going to defend this guy, I listened to the video again and didn't find anything wrong with it. It sounds like he's a passionate Cowboys fan and according to his YouTube sight spends a lot of time reviewing game film. Just because he's doesn't sound what what you'd expect is no reason to slight his intelligence.

Because he can't speak English and communicate effectively is plenty of reason enough to not take anything seriously. It's rule one of communication. If you can't effectively communicate, nobody cares what you're trying to say because you're failing to properly convey the information. That's on the presenter, not the audience.

If he's doing this for himself? Sure. Why should he care what anyone thinks?

But then again, why waste his and everyone's time putting videos together that nobody takes seriously?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I am getting to that point as well.

He's quite an enigma. There are times when you say to yourself, I can't believe he squeezed that performance out of that defense and then other times you wonder what the hell he was thinking. Even with the CB issues we had, playing soft coverages played right into Siemian's hands.

He'd be an excellent defensive line coach. Coordinating and entire defense isn't his jam anymore.

Reaction score
CB's need to mix things up. Sometime you press. Sometimes you are back a few yards. sometimes you are back 10 yards. Move around pre snap. Move forward or back. Give the QB and receiver something to think about.

Maybe there will be a miscommunication. Somebody might make a mistake.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The Broncos beat a college level secondary..............literally.

Yay, Trevor!

And that college level secondary still didn't give up as many points as some other college secondaries do to other colleges -- so that's something I suppose.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I'm philosophically not a fan of loose zone, but the Cowboys have won a lot of games playing it. This video was over the top.

We were just trying to get enough bodies out there. Let's see how things looks when they have a little health and the kids get five, six games under their belt.

But the team need to adjust when it's not working at time. When you let Simeon look like a all pro adjustments are necessary.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Because he can't speak English and communicate effectively is plenty of reason enough to not take anything seriously. It's rule one of communication. If you can't effectively communicate, nobody cares what you're trying to say because you're failing to properly convey the information. That's on the presenter, not the audience.

If he's doing this for himself? Sure. Why should he care what anyone thinks?

But then again, why waste his and everyone's time putting videos together that nobody takes seriously?

From the conversations in this post it seems that most people got the point that he was trying to make but only a few chose to be critical of the delivery. Lets just say this, and this will be my last comment on this, I know where you're coming from and what you're trying to do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From the conversations in this post it seems that most people got the point that he was trying to make but only a few chose to be critical of the delivery. Lets just say this, and this will be my last comment on this, I know where you're coming from and what you're trying to do.

What is it that you think I'm "trying to do"?
:huh: