This firing needs to happen today

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Thought that was gonna happen yesterday but JG screwed the pooch. Looking for a reason to blame Linehan. I guess you could just say it has been accumulating. But JG and his conservative approach cost us again. Unless JG would throw Linehan under the bus. I don’t think he would have a problem with that.

JJ could just say hey JG!! It’s either you or Linehan. One of you is going. Who is it gonna be?

Linehan wouldn't be the first person that Garrett threw under the bus.

Beaker42

Reaction score
LOL at thinking they will fire anyone at this point.

They just solved all our problems. They traded their first round pick for a WR.

Now enjoy the ride!
This move just proves to me our 1st rounder this coming draft was going to be a WR.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, Jerry has put himself in that position with numerous public proclamations over the years about he is the final authority on every decision. Stephen may have been promoted to making the actual phone call, but his daddy made the final decision. There is no reason to think otherwise.
Well we've been wanting Jerry to listen to his people for years. Now he does.

mardwin

Reaction score
Oh I can blame Linehan for hiring a QB coach with absolutely no experience to coach a QB that needed work. You can blame Dak all you want. Linehan is the one who put Moore in as a QB coach. This is the same guy that Dak beat out for the job. Please tell me how thats Dak's fault.

Dak problems did not start this year after Moore was hired as QB coach. I believe Dak had his previous QB coach fired, some guy ppl called Deadpool. Again, blame Linehan all you want but the limited talent with Dak at QB won't change.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak problems did not start this year after Moore was hired as QB coach. I believe Dak had his previous QB coach fired, some guy ppl called Deadpool. Again, blame Linehan all you want but the limited talent with Dak at QB won't change.
So, Dak was amazing in year one and doing very well halfway thru the season the year after, runs into problems, and they hire an inexperienced perennial loser as his QB coach and you think Linehan isnt to blame? I think you may have an agenda.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
JJ giving Garrett play calling duties back is like giving him a rope and a stool. JJ ain't going to do it unless he's ready to get rid of his Golden boy.

mardwin

Reaction score
So, Dak was amazing in year one and doing very well halfway thru the season the year after, runs into problems, and they hire an inexperienced perennial loser as his QB coach and you think Linehan isnt to blame? I think you may have an agenda.

Dak hasn't shown much progression from his first year that's the number #1 issue. We can blame the receivers, the position coach, the OL but eventually he will need to be thoroughly evaluated. The tape shows that he lacks accuracy, lacks pocket presence, doesn't anticipate receivers routes, can't adjust against the blitz, all those are deficiencies that a 3rd-year starter at QB should have improved from year 1.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The one coach whose headstone has already been etched is Scott Linehan.

Linehan has one friend in the building: Jason Garrett. Everybody else has abandoned him.

Jerry needs to walk up to Garrett today and say, "Look, you're calling the plays the rest of the year, period. Do whatever you need to do, but make it happen. Get us on track."

And with that, Jason has to fire Linehan and make it appear to be his idea.

Then, the teams sinks or swims with Garrett at the helm. No more excuses.

Jerry is growing restless. That's quite obvious.

Agree Jerry is growing restless has to be tough to be that powerful a man and sit helplessly watching your coaches make a fool of you all the while knowing if you can them it makes you look like you have been living a mistake for 10 yrs .

Garrett replacing Linehan dosent feel like an upgrade to me but Jerry seems like he is in the do something even if its wrong mode so could it be worse possibly but not considerably

Go for it Jerry

flosho

Reaction score
Romo made Dak look good his rookie year. Now you see the influence and negative progress our coaching staff has induced.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
The one coach whose headstone has already been etched is Scott Linehan.

Linehan has one friend in the building: Jason Garrett. Everybody else has abandoned him.

Jerry needs to walk up to Garrett today and say, "Look, you're calling the plays the rest of the year, period. Do whatever you need to do, but make it happen. Get us on track."

And with that, Jason has to fire Linehan and make it appear to be his idea.

Then, the teams sinks or swims with Garrett at the helm. No more excuses.

Jerry is growing restless. That's quite obvious.

Then Linehan can go to OU and become John Blake part 2.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I thought this was a possible scapegoat but with us trading a 1st for a WR in Cooper we are stuck with this until this offseason.... If we dont figure it out I can see a clean sweep from the coaching staff

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yes, b/c history has proven that Garret is capable of such feats. Thanx for that re-write.
Ya man, I read that and thought how brilliant of a sly& shrewd ploy
Of ol' JERRY in saddling GARRETT with the same quarried headstone as LINEHANS,,,cuz' GARRETT cannot coordinate an offensive attack plan worth a cold crap pile,,,it's why LINEHAN'S here to begin with.o_O