This Garrett situation is definitely about the money

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If his contract expires in 12 days, and there is a provision to pay him out a severance if he is let go before this date, this could be part of the hold up. The Jones boys have been odd about paying people to do nothing.

If you remember, they didn't want a "walk around" head coach, because they didn't want to pay a real offensive coordinator. Part of the same reasoning. The short answer is they are making Garrett stay until the end of his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he was washing Jerry's car while he was out on vacation in Aspen.

Coaches contracts are full guaranteed. There's no severence. They owe him exactly the same no matter when it happens. Jerry Jones is a BILLIONAIRE. A few million mean nothing to him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If his contract expires in 12 days, and there is a provision to pay him out a severance if he is let go before this date, this could be part of the hold up. The Jones boys have been odd about paying people to do nothing.

If you remember, they didn't want a "walk around" head coach, because they didn't want to pay a real offensive coordinator. Part of the same reasoning. The short answer is they are making Garrett stay until the end of his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he was washing Jerry's car while he was out on vacation in Aspen.

The cowboys can put him on a shelf for 2 weeks and still at least start interviewing........if that was there plan. I think Jerry is actually going to bring Garret back........and JG is probably negotiating more control. Otherwise, it would either be a done deal or we would hear SOMETHING about Dallas contacting other coaches. I bet JG wants to hire his own staff and have more say in player personnel.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

And washing Dak’s jock...:lmao2:

@Ranching

pansophy

Reaction score
“In the absence of data we will always make up stories”.

Good one.

Dracula

Reaction score
The more likely scenario is they're negotiating his extension.
I have come to believe you are right. Jones still thinks, that he is a great GM and background HC, plus he will still have a camera, a mike, and reporters drooling over every Jonesism. He's conning us but people will still come, plunk down hundreds of dollars for tickets, parking, and nachos, for another 8-8 season.
We'll bite just like we've bitten for the last twenty something years.
F**K Jerry Jones, the Texans are right down the road.

Asklesko

Reaction score
It would be worth the money to give the fans what they want, not leave them gnashing for two weeks