This is a No.1 WR Jerry

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb should look good with his no.1 QB, no.1 RB, and no.1 OL. Can he show up and make up.
Just as other top WR's should look good with their top teammates around. That's not somehow unique to Lamb. So why is Lamb treated differently for succeeding under the same circumstances as other WR's that you credit with being #1's?

By the way, Lamb has averaged 82 yards per game in the 6 games Cooper Rush started the last 2 years, which over a 17 game season equates to 1,394 yards. Seems like he doesn't have to have his top QB to succeed ... lol

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lamb should look good with his no.1 QB, no.1 RB, and no.1 OL. Can he show up and make up.

You won every year he was with the Jonesboys with Dak at QB, has his best year when Dak was not at QB, and he is the only WR that scored TDs in every playoff game will with the Jonesboys.

Nope just like passing on Randy Moss, I will not let stupidity go with out saying to the stupid, "that was stupid".

You know what I like about English Mastiffs is that they do not have to bark for you to know that they will bite. That was Cooper and you gave your English Mastiff away for a yapping, throwing his hands up for a penalty flag when he should be catching the ball, and not show up show out WR Chihuahua. Lamb needed a big dog beside him. Hopefully Cooks can get massive beside him.
Where the hell was Cooper when we needed him on the road or in big games?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Just as other top WR's should look good with their top teammates around. That's not somehow unique to Lamb. So why is Lamb treated differently for succeeding under the same circumstances as other WR's that you credit with being #1's?

By the way, Lamb has averaged 82 yards per game in the 6 games Cooper Rush started the last 2 years, which over a 17 game season equates to 1,394 yards. Seems like he doesn't have to have his top QB to succeed ... lol
Cooper led the receiving in that game and caught the winning TD vs. the Vikings with Rush at QB. Come on man.

rambo2

Reaction score
He passed on Randy Moss and traded away Amari Cooper for nothing in return. Cooper and Lamb would have been a great 1 and 2 combo respectfully in that order. Alvin Harper was nothing without Irvin and CeeDee Lamb has been nothing special without Cooper.

This is what we need vs. the 49ers. But, this is the no.1 WR that Jerry Dumbo GM Jones gave away...

Lamb and Cooks are a good combo.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper led the receiving in that game and caught the winning TD vs. the Vikings with Rush at QB. Come on man.
lol - where did you get I was talking about a single game ("that game")? I commented on Lamb's history with Rush starting, most of which was after Amari Cooper was gone, and you're pretending I commented on only one game.

Besides, do you not grasp how ridiculous it is to judge players on a single game, and ignoring the full picture? Especially when ignoring certain facts, such as Lamb had 112 yards in that game, so he actually did help out a bit.

You also conveniently ignore that Lamb was 6th in the NFL last year in receiving yards and TD's. That;'s good to ignore if you want to say he isn't a #1 receiver, right?

But if you want to cherry pick games, let's look at the NE game that year where Lamb had 149 yards & 2 TD's to Cooper's 55 yards & no TDs, or the Atlanta game where Lamb had 94 yards & 2 TD's to Cooper's 51 yards and no TD's.

I'll bet you don't like cherry picking individual games so much when they don't fit your narrative ... The reality is, it's a ridiculous way to judge, but it seems clear you don't mind a double standard to suit your narrative.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
lol - where did you get I was talking about a single game ("that game")? I commented on Lamb's history with Rush starting, most of which was after Amari Cooper was gone, and you're pretending I commented on only one game.

Besides, do you not grasp how ridiculous it is to judge players on a single game, and ignoring the full picture? Especially when ignoring certain facts, such as Lamb had 112 yards in that game, so he actually did help out a bit.

You also conveniently ignore that Lamb was 6th in the NFL last year in receiving yards and TD's. That;'s good to ignore if you want to say he isn't a #1 receiver, right?

But if you want to cherry pick games, let's look at the NE game that year where Lamb had 149 yards & 2 TD's to Cooper's 55 yards & no TDs, or the Atlanta game where Lamb had 94 yards & 2 TD's to Cooper's 51 yards and no TD's.

I'll bet you don't like cherry picking individual games so much when they don't fit your narrative ... The reality is, it's a ridiculous way to judge, but it seems clear you don't mind a double standard to suit your narrative.
I ignored nothing. Man you are talking about Cooper Rush, get real. Lets talk about No Dak all season and see who showed up and showed out. Cooper is better than Lamb as a no.1. Eyes don't lie.

Cooper trade got you a playoff berth immediate payoff from franchise no.1 WR talent and TDs in every playoff game. Everyone in the NFL knew why the Cowboys traded for him and the expectations and pressure was on. Cooper delivered. Fact.

Lamb got you nothing as a rookie (should have started drafting defense then), nothing in the playoffs, and nothing so far disappearing when it counts.

Can Lamb develop into what Cooper was when he came to the Jonesboys? Time will tell. However, the 49er game raised doubts again. Until you show something different, You are what you are.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I ignored nothing. Man you are talking about Cooper Rush, get real. Lets talk about No Dak all season and see who showed up and showed out. Cooper is better than Lamb as a no.1. Eyes don't lie.

Cooper trade got you a playoff berth immediate payoff from franchise no.1 WR talent and TDs in every playoff game. Everyone in the NFL knew why the Cowboys traded for him and the expectations and pressure was on. Cooper delivered. Fact.

Lamb got you nothing as a rookie (should have started drafting defense then), nothing in the playoffs, and nothing so far disappearing when it counts.

Can Lamb develop into what Cooper was when he came to the Jonesboys? Time will tell. However, the 49er game raised doubts again. Until you show something different, You are what you are.
lol, wow. Rush came up because you said Lamb needs his top players around him to succeed. In that context it's appropriate to bring up that he had success when Dak was out and Rush was at QB.

Yes, the Cooper trade was good and helped the team, but that doesn't somehow mean Lamb isn't a top level WR. There is no requirement that only one or the other can be the level of a #1.

I'm curious about your comment that Lamb didn't get them anything as a rookie. You were talking about now, not then. You should keep up with your own comments.

BTW - what did Amari get the Raiders as a rookie?

BTW - take a look at Amari Cooper's first playoff game. He had 2 receptions on 10 targets for 10 yards. Are you defining his career by that like you are with Lamb?

BTW - you talk up Cooper when he came to Dallas & talk down Lamb for having 49 yards on 4 catches out of 5 targets against SF ... so you will ignore that when Cooper came to Dallas in his first year he had games of 3, 38, 0, 19 & 24 yards? Why not cherry pick individual games to judge him like you do Cooper?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
lol, wow. Rush came up because you said Lamb needs his top players around him to succeed. In that context it's appropriate to bring up that he had success when Dak was out and Rush was at QB.

Yes, the Cooper trade was good and helped the team, but that doesn't somehow mean Lamb isn't a top level WR. There is no requirement that only one or the other can be the level of a #1.

I'm curious about your comment that Lamb didn't get them anything as a rookie. You were talking about now, not then. You should keep up with your own comments.

BTW - what did Amari get the Raiders as a rookie?

BTW - take a look at Amari Cooper's first playoff game. He had 2 receptions on 10 targets for 10 yards. Are you defining his career by that like you are with Lamb?

BTW - you talk up Cooper when he came to Dallas & talk down Lamb for having 49 yards on 4 catches out of 5 targets against SF ... so you will ignore that when Cooper came to Dallas in his first year he had games of 3, 38, 0, 19 & 24 yards? Why not cherry pick individual games to judge him like you do Cooper?
Does not change the fact that Cooper is better than Lamb. In regards to your "by the way" Amari was a rookie Pro Bowl WR, All rookie team WR, and he got the Raiders to 7-9 after a 3-13 season. Amari Cooper's first playoff game was without Carr, tore up his knee, and back up McGloin, tore up his shoulder (beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving game), and Raiders was force to play 3rd string rookie Connor Cook. Man I don't have to cherry pick anything. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones said he did not need a no.1 WR, was forced to pay the price for one, and Cooper delivered being the best trade Jerry Dumbo GM Jones ever made without Jimmy Johnson, and Bill Parcells.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does not change the fact that Cooper is better than Lamb. In regards to your "by the way" Amari was a rookie Pro Bowl WR, All rookie team WR, and he got the Raiders to 7-9 after a 3-13 season. Amari Cooper's first playoff game was without Carr, tore up his knee, and back up McGloin, tore up his shoulder (beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving game), and Raiders was force to play 3rd string rookie Connor Cook. Man I don't have to cherry pick anything. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones said he did not need a no.1 WR, was forced to pay the price for one, and Cooper delivered being the best trade Jerry Dumbo GM Jones ever made without Jimmy Johnson, and Bill Parcells.
We weren't arguing about whether Cooper is better than Lamb. Again, you can't keep up with the discussion. That's just a matter of opinion, and I have no problem with a person believing either way. They are both very good.

The context was whether Lamb was a #1 quality receiver, and every standard you have used to argue that has been a double standard that you apply to him and not others.

As for Jerry screwing up and having to pick up Cooper after not covering the position going into the season, that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Jerry absolutely did screw that up, so you are trying to interject an argument that doesn't even apply to the discussion between us.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
We weren't arguing about whether Cooper is better than Lamb. Again, you can't keep up with the discussion. That's just a matter of opinion, and I have no problem with a person believing either way. They are both very good.

The context was whether Lamb was a #1 quality receiver, and every standard you have used to argue that has been a double standard that you apply to him and not others.

As for Jerry screwing up and having to pick up Cooper after not covering the position going into the season, that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Jerry absolutely did screw that up, so you are trying to interject an argument that doesn't even apply to the discussion between us.
The context of whether Lamb was a quality no.1 has been answered....Not yet. Because he has done nothing in big games or post season.

Dez Bryant was a quality no.1 and proved it in big games (that was a catch!). Amari Cooper was a quality no.1 and proved it in big games and with our without his no.1 QB in Dallas. Lamb just has not done it and I think he would have been a great no.2 opposite Cooper, and that Jerry Dumbo GM Jones made a horrible trade giving him away to fast.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Dez Bryant
5 playoff games
15 receptions
218 yards
2 TDs

Ceedee Lamb
3 playoff games
15 receptions
206 yards
1 TD

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The context of whether Lamb was a quality no.1 has been answered....Not yet. Because he has done nothing in big games or post season.

Dez Bryant was a quality no.1 and proved it in big games (that was a catch!). Amari Cooper was a quality no.1 and proved it in big games and with our without his no.1 QB in Dallas. Lamb just has not done it and I think he would have been a great no.2 opposite Cooper, and that Jerry Dumbo GM Jones made a horrible trade giving him away to fast.
Again, you are using a double standard.

You keep talking about Amari Cooper as a quality #1, but he hasn't had big playoff performances any more than Lamb has.

And now you are bringing Dez into the discussion, and he has had only one quality playoff game in the 5 he has been in. Dez actually only has 12 more playoff yards and 1 more playoff TD than Lamb does.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Again, you are using a double standard.

You keep talking about Amari Cooper as a quality #1, but he hasn't had big playoff performances any more than Lamb has.

And now you are bringing Dez into the discussion, and he has had only one quality playoff game in the 5 he has been in. Dez actually only has 12 more playoff yards and 1 more playoff TD than Lamb does.
TDs in the Playoffs and TD vs NFC East opponents. Go look it up. Never mind...

Amari Cooper has 110 catches for 1751 yards, 15.91 ypc and has scored 14 touchdowns in 23 games against the NFC East since 2018.

Dez Bryant had 196 catches for 2960 yards, 15.10 ypc and scored 26 touchdowns in 43 games against the NFC East in his career.

CeeDee Lamb has 95 catches for 1,259 yards, 13.25 ypc and has scored 8 touchdowns in 19 games against the NFC East in his career.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TDs in the Playoffs and TD vs NFC East opponents. Go look it up. Never mind...

Amari Cooper has 110 catches for 1751 yards, 15.91 ypc and has scored 14 touchdowns in 23 games against the NFC East since 2018.

Dez Bryant had 196 catches for 2960 yards, 15.10 ypc and scored 26 touchdowns in 43 games against the NFC East in his career.

CeeDee Lamb has 95 catches for 1,259 yards, 13.25 ypc and has scored 8 touchdowns in 19 games against the NFC East in his career.
Keep changing the criteria - who knows, maybe you'll find something.

As for the playoff TDs, once again, your facts don't bear out your claims. Both of those guys only have 1 more TD in the playoffs than Lamb, and they both have been in more playoff games.

As for the NFC East
***** Lets look at 2021, when both Lamb and Cooper were with the Cowboys and in the same situation. Lamb had 230 yards and 5 TDs against the NFC East, and Cooper had 309 TD's and 3 TDs against the NFC East.
***** Now, let's look at 2022 when Cooper was gone - Lamb stepped up to 530 yards and 5 TD's against the NFC East, so his game elevated when it needed to after Cooper was gone.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Keep changing the criteria - who knows, maybe you'll find something.

As for the playoff TDs, once again, your facts don't bear out your claims. Both of those guys only have 1 more TD in the playoffs than Lamb, and they both have been in more playoff games.

As for the NFC East
***** Lets look at 2021, when both Lamb and Cooper were with the Cowboys and in the same situation. Lamb had 230 yards and 5 TDs against the NFC East, and Cooper had 309 TD's and 3 TDs against the NFC East.
***** Now, let's look at 2022 when Cooper was gone - Lamb stepped up to 530 yards and 5 TD's against the NFC East, so his game elevated when it needed to after Cooper was gone.
Lamb played like a no.1 yesterday and it had nothing to do with his final stat line.

When Dak was getting sack over and over again at the begining of the game, it was Lamb that caught the pass and fought for the first down that allow the OL to settle down and Dak to start throwing in rhythm. You have to make plays when your team need the plays. I have seen that from Amari and want to continue to see it from Lamb.

Cook has is doing what I hope he would do which is still have no.1 juice and speed to allow Lamb to grow fully into and no.1 role. The last to games have been great for Cooks.

Amari is still better than Lamb, it was the Rams secondary that is now 3-5.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
e passed on Randy Moss and traded away Amari Cooper for nothing in return. Cooper and Lamb would have been a great 1 and 2 combo respectfully in that order. Alvin Harper was nothing without Irvin and CeeDee Lamb has been nothing % special without Cooper.

This is what we need vs. the 49ers. But, this is the no.1 WR that Jerry Dumbo GM Jones gave away...

Eating crow yet?

2022: 1,359 yards & 9 TD's
2023: On pace for 1,751 yards & 6 TDs. Also has a 79.2% catch %.

Seems pretty special to me.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
2022: 1,359 yards & 9 TD's
2023: On pace for 1,751 yards & 6 TDs. Also has a 79.2% catch %.

Seems pretty special to me
Still need Amari Cooper at WR. 5 rec 139yds, and TD. Here is what your Dumbo GM let go for nothing...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still need Amari Cooper at WR. 5 rec 139yds, and TD. Here is what your Dumbo GM let go for nothing...

Of course the team would be better with both Cooper & Lamb. I never said otherwise.

What I questioned was your claims that Lamb hasn't been special or a #1 since Cooper left.

Your only argument seems to be to keep falsely suggesting I support everything Jerry does. It's a nonsensical argument. I've suggested nothing of the kind, and Jerry trading Cooper doesn't change the fact Lamb has, in fact, been damn good, both before and after Cooper left.

I've only discussed your take on Lamb, and you keep trying to divert attention away from that..

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Of course the team would be better with both Cooper & Lamb. I never said otherwise.

What I questioned was your claims that Lamb hasn't been special or a #1 since Cooper left.

Your only argument seems to be to keep falsely suggesting I support everything Jerry does. It's a nonsensical argument. I've suggested nothing of the kind, and Jerry trading Cooper doesn't change the fact Lamb has, in fact, been damn good, both before and after Cooper left.

I've only discussed your take on Lamb, and you keep trying to divert attention away from that..
Score TDs in games were you need your no.1 to score TDs. Cooper beat NFC east teams by scoring TDs, scoring TDs in games that count, and in the playoffs.

Until I see what Cooper brought the 2018 Jonesboys come from Lamb (which he has not been the no.1 WR difference maker that Cooper was for the 2018 Jonesboys and Browns) Lamb is not going to get me to say he is special until he consistently does special things to win special games.

Lamb has been put together 3 statistical games in a row. Amari Cooper even without his no.1 QB has made a big enough difference that the Browns traded away its no.2 WR (Peoples). I am a Dallas Cowboys fan for a long time and I know a difference making no.1 WR when I see one...he is in Cleveland thanks to Jerry Dumbo GM Jones.

Lamb needs to grows up to a wolf in lamb's clothing. Please tell him to stop throwing his hands up in the air looking for a penalty and catch the ball that is close by him. FOCUS ON THE BALL! That is how Cooper scored his TD in a win yesterday.

Jerry got you drinking the Kool Aid again.