This is a week for Dak to shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

75boyz

Reaction score
It's Dak's time to be Jesus....let's just say that. It's Dak's time to walk on water and turn water to wine.

1/3 of his starting OL out
His #1 WR and starting slot receiver out
A defense that cannot get off the field without letting the other team us mins of clock per qtr.
A defense that doesn't create turnovers
A HC that couldn't inspire a snail to avoid salt..

Yeah time for him to shine and become the next Aaron Rogers when even Aaron Rogers would fail in the scenario. LOL

Refer to the NFC championship game from just a couple years back...

Philly lost Wentz and Foles came in

Minnesota...
Enter Touchdown JeSus Case Keenum
In the previous off-season lost Bridgewater, traded a first for Bradford and he went down
4 of their starting o linemen from the previous year had been replaced

For Philly again, both Peters and Johnso(OTs) were injured/ailing or out I would hafta double check specifically
Also had a defensive starter or 2 loss to injury...

Ummm that's off the top of my head

Coaching AND next man up is REAL

For every injury impact excuse given I can give an equally justified rebuttal if not moreso of next man up and coaching...

As for QBs a!one you got Hostetler, Warner THE GOAT and most recently FOLES

At WHAT POINT will this organization take ACCOUNTABILITY for team performance at the Owner/GM, Head Coach and Quarterback levels?

It's NFL 2019, Again Next Man up AND coaching is real

They are all accountable in my book, injuries are an excuse as my examples clearly show

Allen in Carolina and Bridgewater in NO
Minshew in Jax is decent
Brissett gets an honorable mention as well...

Haven't watched the Rudolph kid in Pitt yet

But then reverse it and say...Just how would Cooper Rush fare?

It's called, coaching, scheming, gameplanning and all the other tactical terms used to overcome personnel loss

As mentioned the Cowboys have failed to perform their jobs at the 3 most critical positions in the organization

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dak isn't a qb that elevates everyone around him. He's a solid player when everything is perfect.

I'm starting to really believe that.

Give Dak protection and an offense that uses his strengths, this offense is no different than Linehans predictable offense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give Dak protection and an offense that uses his strengths, this offense is no different than Linehans predictable offense.

Give Dak the BEST out there and add to that a 30+million $ a year Contract and then PJ tell what happens to our Cap and our team?
GL in Dak Fantasy land and HF bud.....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
1. Plenty of QBs are
2. He is actually heavy footed and not elusive in the pocket
3. This is said about every QB by every fan base
4. He's ultra conservative, which leads to low TD total as well

You just explained a game manager, he's not asking for game manager type money. And Wilson HAS carried his team, that "Bad O-Line" you people here talk about, Wilson was playing with now uber drivers as offensive lineman for about 3 years and still put up good numbers. Dak loses one tackle in 2017 and an RB and has one of the worst QB stretches I've ever seen from the Atlanta game to the Chargers.

And game managers get more than the $15-20 million people here say Dak should get, or is "worth". I'm not disagreeing he's a game manager, and as far as asking for more than game manager money, that's standard negotiating tactics. If you were asking for a raise at your job I'm sure you'd ask for more than what you'd take. I just don't understand why people are so against Dak for asking for top money, he's one injury away from having to retire from the NFL, I have zero problem with him asking for as much as he thinks JJ will pay. Yes it will impact the team's ability to sign top free agents but since when has JJ and the staff signed a great free agent? They either don't want to pay the money or are unable to judge free agents or as is probably the case they think they can win with a few high priced players and jags everywhere else. Hasn't worked, but they don't seem to care.

As far as Wilson carrying the team, you missed my point that he's not won the SB, and by the way from 2016-2018 the Seahawks have a 1-2 playoff record, exactly the same as Dak. I was saying he's not "carried" the team if you're talking SBs. Not talking about getting the team to the playoffs or winning divisions

Yet we praise Wilson for "carrying" the team and going 1-2 in the playoffs, yet rip Dak for the same record.

But all that aside, why don't we just wait and see what Dak gets? Barring a total collapse by Dak, like the team ending up like 4-12, with Dak having a qbr of 30 or 40 or so, and only 20 tds and 20 ints (every look at some of Aikman's numbers? Very similar, yet he's a HOF quarterback), he will still probably get $30 mil or so, with Cousins getting $28 and Stafford $27, with zero playoff wins for both, why would Dak be paid less?

People need to get to 2019, the era of $15 million veteran starting quarterbacks with playoff success is OVER....

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And game managers get more than the $15-20 million people here say Dak should get, or is "worth". I'm not disagreeing he's a game manager, and as far as asking for more than game manager money, that's standard negotiating tactics. If you were asking for a raise at your job I'm sure you'd ask for more than what you'd take. I just don't understand why people are so against Dak for asking for top money, he's one injury away from having to retire from the NFL, I have zero problem with him asking for as much as he thinks JJ will pay. Yes it will impact the team's ability to sign top free agents but since when has JJ and the staff signed a great free agent? They either don't want to pay the money or are unable to judge free agents or as is probably the case they think they can win with a few high priced players and jags everywhere else. Hasn't worked, but they don't seem to care.

As far as Wilson carrying the team, you missed my point that he's not won the SB, and by the way from 2016-2018 the Seahawks have a 1-2 playoff record, exactly the same as Dak. I was saying he's not "carried" the team if you're talking SBs. Not talking about getting the team to the playoffs or winning divisions

Yet we praise Wilson for "carrying" the team and going 1-2 in the playoffs, yet rip Dak for the same record.

But all that aside, why don't we just wait and see what Dak gets? Barring a total collapse by Dak, like the team ending up like 4-12, with Dak having a qbr of 30 or 40 or so, and only 20 tds and 20 ints (every look at some of Aikman's numbers? Very similar, yet he's a HOF quarterback), he will still probably get $30 mil or so, with Cousins getting $28 and Stafford $27, with zero playoff wins for both, why would Dak be paid less?

People need to get to 2019, the era of $15 million veteran starting quarterbacks with playoff success is OVER....

Standard negotiation tactics? Dude, he turned down $30 million! What part of this do people seem to block out? He didn't turn down $15 million or $20 million or $25 million. He turned down near ELITE QB money. He believes he should be paid like an ELITE QB. You specifically called him a game manager. You let some other bum team like the Dolphins pay for that garbage.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Give Dak the BEST out there and add to that a 30+million $ a year Contract and then PJ tell what happens to our Cap and our team?
GL in Dak Fantasy land and HF bud.....

The cap goes up every year, $30 million is manageable, even this year. The idea that if Dak gets $30 million a year will destroy the team's ability to sign Cooper, etc. is just flat out wrong, at least according to some sources. Now there are articles out there saying the Cowboys are soon to be in "cap hell", but also others that say that's nonsense:
https://sportdfw.com/2019/06/10/salary-cap-is-fake-news-the-dallas-cowboys-can-re-sign-everyone/

The cap is complicated, I do think JJ and the Cowboys have learned from things like Romo's contract, whatever Jerry is, he's not stupid..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Standard negotiation tactics? Dude, he turned down $30 million! What part of this do people seem to block out? He didn't turn down $15 million or $20 million or $25 million. He turned down near ELITE QB money. He believes he should be paid like an ELITE QB. You specifically called him a game manager. You let some other bum team like the Dolphins pay for that garbage.

So if Jerry offered $30 mil Dak is supposed to just accept that it was Jerry's top offer? We don't know what the negotiations were, you're assuming JJ started at like $25 and Dak countered with $35, then it was $26 and $34, etc. I studied negotiations in college, there are several ways to go about it.

And Dak's probably looking at a 4 year deal, maybe 5, there are in 2019 five quarterbacks making $32 million or more, what will the top 5 get by say, 2022? $30 mil today is great, by 2022 probably not that great. Dak's probably just trying to get ahead of the curve, not that unusual. I live in Louisiana, Brees held out for his last contract until he got like another $250,000 a year average, just so he could be the NFL's top paid quarterback. Yes he earned it with his play and SB win, but the fact remains HE could have taken less and helped out the team, but HE DIDN'T.

I get it, you want Dak to take, and think he's only worth, $25-28 mil a year. That's fine, it may be what he's actually worth. But you need to separate reality from wishful thinking, IF Dak signs a new deal this year or in the off season, I SERIOUSLY doubt it will be less than what Wentz got, which is $32 mil a year...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Hoping for the best, but the only shine I think we'll see from Dak is from his fat bald forehead

I suspect you're right, especially if Cooper, Smith and Collins are out, or even 2 of them, but if there's one thing I've learned over the last 50 years of watching the Cowboys it's that nothing is guaranteed.

Really to me it will come down to whether or not the players have given up on Garrett, if not they will play harder and better and may win the game, but if not, we might see a 35-10 beat down by the Iggles.

All we can do is watch the game and hope (or pray)...

shabazz

Reaction score
I suspect you're right, especially if Cooper, Smith and Collins are out, or even 2 of them, but if there's one thing I've learned over the last 50 years of watching the Cowboys it's that nothing is guaranteed.

Really to me it will come down to whether or not the players have given up on Garrett, if not they will play harder and better and may win the game, but if not, we might see a 35-10 beat down by the Iggles.

All we can do is watch the game and hope (or pray)...

I enjoy it right up to the point of multiple flags by the zebras trying to interject themselves into the game. and that goes for all NFL games, not just the Cowboys. Makes it almost unwatchable at times......but thats a whole different thread

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So if Jerry offered $30 mil Dak is supposed to just accept that it was Jerry's top offer? We don't know what the negotiations were, you're assuming JJ started at like $25 and Dak countered with $35, then it was $26 and $34, etc. I studied negotiations in college, there are several ways to go about it.

And Dak's probably looking at a 4 year deal, maybe 5, there are in 2019 five quarterbacks making $32 million or more, what will the top 5 get by say, 2022? $30 mil today is great, by 2022 probably not that great. Dak's probably just trying to get ahead of the curve, not that unusual. I live in Louisiana, Brees held out for his last contract until he got like another $250,000 a year average, just so he could be the NFL's top paid quarterback. Yes he earned it with his play and SB win, but the fact remains HE could have taken less and helped out the team, but HE DIDN'T.

I get it, you want Dak to take, and think he's only worth, $25-28 mil a year. That's fine, it may be what he's actually worth. But you need to separate reality from wishful thinking, IF Dak signs a new deal this year or in the off season, I SERIOUSLY doubt it will be less than what Wentz got, which is $32 mil a year...

> I studied negotiation in college.

Yeah, I really don't care. They obviously didn't teach out of you the mental gymnastics, this is pretty cut an dry, pal. Jerry offered him 30 million, that's nearing elite money. Dak turned it down, which means he wants money in the elite territory. AND BREES IS A FREAKIN LEGENDARY QB! Holy crap, dude!

You're making no sense here. This isn't "wishful thinking" - this is about avoiding paying a GAME MANAGER money that is near what RUSSEL WILSON GETS WHO IS IN THE RUN TO BE MVP!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
> I studied negotiation in college.

Yeah, I really don't care. They obviously didn't teach out of you the mental gymnastics, this is pretty cut an dry, pal. Jerry offered him 30 million, that's nearing elite money. Dak turned it down, which means he wants money in the elite territory. AND BREES IS A FREAKIN LEGENDARY QB! Holy crap, dude!

You're making no sense here. This isn't "wishful thinking" - this is about avoiding paying a GAME MANAGER money that is near what RUSSEL WILSON GETS WHO IS IN THE RUN TO BE MVP!

You're still talking what you want, and it's not going to happen, imho.

But I'll tell you what I told someone else who insisted before the season that "Jerry spoken, no new contract for Zeke" - We'll see.

But Zeke did, didn't he?

Let's see who's right, if I'm wrong I'll freely admit I read the situation wrong. Will you?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You're still talking what you want, and it's not going to happen, imho.

But I'll tell you what I told someone else who insisted before the season that "Jerry spoken, no new contract for Zeke" - We'll see.

But Zeke did, didn't he?

Let's see who's right, if I'm wrong I'll freely admit I read the situation wrong. Will you?

I didn't give my number on what I "want" him to take, I gave the number of the contract he turned down and I am saying he is not worth near Russel Wilson type money. Are you suggesting anyone is arguing Dak CAN'T ask for this? Of course everyone knows he can ask for whatever he wants, heck, he can ask to max out the cap - that's his right. What Jerry DECIDES to do is vastly different if it matches Dak's quality. I have never suggested Jerry won't give Dak a contract, I have never suggested Jerry won't overpay. He's done it before, why would I think he won't now?

We're on a fan forum, of course we are going to discuss the hypothetical and what WE would do if we were in Jerry's shoes. If I was Jerry, I would laugh Dak and his agent out of the room for asking for more than $30 million and then put him on the trade block.

CoachD

Reaction score
Prediction Time:

Ok wow this one is a tough call because both teams suck so predicting a winner won't be easy and I'll still not sure who I like as of right now. The Cowboys are really banged up and even if Smith and Collins play it still doesn't guarantee anything plus Cooper looks to be out (huge loss). Now as far as the Cowboys defense goes, um what defense? The Jets who were last in every possible offensive category torched the Cowboy's defense last week which was extremely embarrassing. As far as the Eagles go they're not much better. Their defense is just as pathetic as the Cowboys and Kurt Cousin ripped them apart last week. So with that being said what gives? If the Cowboys lose Garrett is done (should have been fired at halftime against the Jets) if they win they're still in first place in an awful division. Now there is one thing that the Cowboys have going for them Dak Prescott dominates the NFC East and the Eagles but in the end I think it will come down to a Brett Maher chip shot field goal attempt. Sorry folks wide right.

Eagles 24
Cowboys 23

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I didn't give my number on what I "want" him to take, I gave the number of the contract he turned down and I am saying he is not worth near Russel Wilson type money. Are you suggesting anyone is arguing Dak CAN'T ask for this? Of course everyone knows he can ask for whatever he wants, heck, he can ask to max out the cap - that's his right. What Jerry DECIDES to do is vastly different if it matches Dak's quality. I have never suggested Jerry won't give Dak a contract, I have never suggested Jerry won't overpay. He's done it before, why would I think he won't now?

We're on a fan forum, of course we are going to discuss the hypothetical and what WE would do if we were in Jerry's shoes. If I was Jerry, I would laugh Dak and his agent out of the room for asking for more than $30 million and then put him on the trade block.

In the NFL, like most everywhere else, what something or someone is "worth" is what someone will pay. So by that analysis if Jerry pays Dak $35 mil then he's "worth" it. The whole argument is about what we think he's "worth", too bad we don't have a say in it, I'm more in line with your thinking, just that I don't think what we would like will happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.