This is an NFL WR?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Body Catcher took less money, c'mon now. You get what you pay for...;)

He's ok financially, until he costs you a game, then no one cares what he makes. I was really glad he was a free agent,was hoping we finally upgraded that spot. ah well.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I don't blame Williams too much for that stupid INT/PIck 6.

I blame the morons who actually CALLED the play in the first place. What on earth were they thinking?

Oh yeah, forgot.. G.R.O.G.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
how inaccurate was the pass? just curious.

Pretty damn accurate if you put your hands up and catch it, especially for a guy paid to catch footballs who isn't even being contacted at the time.

When you're trying to position your body to squeeze it against your chest, on the other hand...:rolleyes:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Coach cupcake 2.0 should make Butler number 2 and sit Williams and use him sparingly...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He deserves it in this case. That drop was basically ballgame.

Ehh.....you could argue that crappy defense was game...or those poor penalties at the wrong time....or leaving too much time on the clock...or letting Jones run all over you......

I agree it was costly....especially for a team that doesn't generate turnovers....but he's a chest catcher. We know what he is. He's not changing.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Not a perfect pass, but should have been caught. It is what it is: Six free points for the opposition.

This play reminds of the Jackie Smith drop. NO ONE blames Roger for that, but the pass wasn't perfect either. Yes, I said it. No one ever seems to bring that up. Because when and NFL QB hits an NFL receiver (or receiving TE) in the hands without contact on the receiver, the receiver has to catch the pass. Period.

erod

Reaction score
You know who else was a body catcher?

In fact, this same guy believes it's the best way to catch a ball because it allows you to prepare for the hit from the safety.

He says catching it with your hands makes it easy for a DB to jar it lose with an arm swipe.

He actually TEACHES this to young receivers.

He is.....Michael Irvin.

TheHerd

Reaction score
You know who else was a body catcher?

In fact, this same guy believes it's the best way to catch a ball because it allows you to prepare for the hit from the safety.

He says catching it with your hands makes it easy for a DB to jar it lose with an arm swipe.

He actually TEACHES this to young receivers.

He is.....Michael Irvin.

As long as he is an anything-CATCHER, I'm good with it for the most part. But in fairness, Michael is a proponent of using your body to shield a defender from the ball and prepare for contact.

Sage3030

Reaction score
Yeah I saw the entire thread with that theory. Yall are hilarious.

His ball placement isn’t the best yet. Twill should’ve caught that ball though.

He gets it to the receivers, and they should catch it, which they did for him last year, but I know he left a couple of touchdowns on the field last year with his placement and he still can throw a little behind a receiver.

He’s getting better at it, but still has a bit to go.

For an example of what I’m saying:

Here, he throws a pass to Beasley that should have been a TD with better placement(47 second mark the play begins)

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Next NFL draft we need to target a WR + All out defense. I like Dez but we need to surround Dak with another option, and would take the load off Dez to. Williams will always just give you average play.

Proximo

Reaction score
He deserves it in this case. That drop was basically ballgame.

Literally spotted the opponent 7 points in a game that came down to the final possession. Just gut wrenching stuff.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Look like he wasnt expecting it, unbelievable. Except for Bees I dont trust any of our receivers.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
We have to spend a high draft pick on a WR this year. Doesn't have to be the first round but in the top three for sure. Williams is unreliable and Dez is showing a ton of wear and tear.