This is an NFL WR?

Nav22

Reaction score
Terrance has 2 drops this season.

He had ZERO all of last season.

Let's not pretend he's Mr. Butterfingers now.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I could catch better than that when I was 8.

He tries to move his stupid chest to the ball or wish it there rather than catching it with his hands.
Now that you mention it( I watched it 10 times until I almost hurled) it damn sure does look like he's pushing out that chest,,, and,, he wasn't expecting to see the ball where it was,,,when he turnedo_O
#4 could've hit #82 for minimal gain,,,but wanted that down field speed after the 'catch' #83 offered:(

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Tired of the guy...and he is getting old, almost 30 in a few years. If you didn't think he wasn't anything special now, just wait until he really starts to decline

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ehh.....you could argue that crappy defense was game...or those poor penalties at the wrong time....or leaving too much time on the clock...or letting Jones run all over you......

I agree it was costly....especially for a team that doesn't generate turnovers....but he's a chest catcher. We know what he is. He's not changing.

There's lots of things we could have done along the way to be in position to win, for sure. But you can't really overestimate how big that play was. Not only was it a turnover, it was a pick-6, on a drive where we had a chance to put the game away. And it flipped ToP to the point where we were no longer likely to be the team that had the ball last. That was huge. Even with a ~9 min drive, we still left them with enough time on the clock to win it. Had we just sustained possession a few more plays that drive, we'd like win the game with a big drive of our own at the end while nursing a lead.

CWR

Reaction score
His ball placement isn’t the best yet. Twill should’ve caught that ball though.

He gets it to the receivers, and they should catch it, which they did for him last year, but I know he left a couple of touchdowns on the field last year with his placement and he still can throw a little behind a receiver.

He’s getting better at it, but still has a bit to go.

For an example of what I’m saying:

Here, he throws a pass to Beasley that should have been a TD with better placement(47 second mark the play begins)

Im not debating Dak could have better ball placement. Im just not willing to go there when Twill makes a play like that though. It wasnt a perfect pass but no excuses, that should be a catch period.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

When one of your starting WRs attempts to catch a football like an uncoordinated 7-year old...

Of course we still have those on the board that blamed Dak for this INT. #mattjames2010

It looked to me like he wasn't expecting the ball, for whatever reason.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The pass was high and to the right of him it should have been lower and a little more on target. It is also a stupid route 4 Terrence to run maybe it should have been a slant or a type of route that he tends to catch a better than something like this.
I think this is similar to the route last year where the ball bounced off his chest so again it comes back to coaching and the use of the player and not taking advantage of the strengths and expecting him to do something he is week at.

robbieruff

Reaction score

When one of your starting WRs attempts to catch a football like an uncoordinated 7-year old...

Of course we still have those on the board that blamed Dak for this INT. #mattjames2010

Yes...this was 100% on Williams...horrible, horrible, horrible fundamentals on what should have been a routine catch. Dak put the ball EXACTLY where it should have been thrown given the inside help coming from the LBer...absolutely gutless and pathetic attempt at a catch.

robbieruff

Reaction score
The QBs lack of accuracy started the whole thing off.
How could you say that in this case? While I love your takes and generally agree that Dak has had his share of accuracy issues this season (I have commented in game threads on multiple occasions about his "MacNabb-esque" accuracy on a number of throws), I gotta take issue with an accuracy critique on THIS PARTICULAR PLAY. Matthews is closing from the inside fast and T-Will has hooked up in the gap to catch the pass to convert the first down. Shouldn't the ball be thrown to the shoulder AWAY FROM the fast closing in LBer? This allows T-Will to catch the ball (with his friggin' hands and not cradle it to his chest!?!) and still protect himself against the incoming hit to his right shoulder. Thought this was a fundamentally sound throw that 99.9% of starting caliber WR's in COLLEGE BALL should haul in without incident.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
How could you say that in this case? While I love your takes and generally agree that Dak has had his share of accuracy issues this season (I have commented in game threads on multiple occasions about his "MacNabb-esque" accuracy on a number of throws), I gotta take issue with an accuracy critique on THIS PARTICULAR PLAY. Matthews is closing from the inside fast and T-Will has hooked up in the gap to catch the pass to convert the first down. Shouldn't the ball be thrown to the shoulder AWAY FROM the fast closing in LBer? This allows T-Will to catch the ball (with his friggin' hands and not cradle it to his chest!?!) and still protect himself against the incoming hit to his right shoulder. Thought this was a fundamentally sound throw that 99.9% of starting caliber WR's in COLLEGE BALL should haul in without incident.
Dude, you just got sucked into the vortex.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It's just plain poor technique. The play was a hot read requiring T-Will to sit in the zone against the blitz. It's not a pass requiring to be super accurate because it's not a route designed to get a lot of YAC as the receiver stops faces the QB. It's simply designed for the QB to get the ball to the WR before the blitz gets to the QB. T-Will's technique was for a pass to hit him in the chest which is fine if it hits you in the chest.

Irvin wasn't a body catcher either. There are times when you catch the ball with your body and there are times when you pluck it. You can catch slants with your body, but the issue is you are likely to lose some valuable YAC if you do so. With other routes, plucking the ball increases the WR's catch radius.

Williams just never adjusted his hands properly to the pass and that's why it went off both of his hands.

What's frustrating to watch is that Butler's catching technique has greatly improved. He's not always consistent, but at least he has made strides. He's not the blocker that T-Will is, but he's still a good blocker. And he gets open more often than T-Will does. Yet, we still insist on making T-Will the starter.

YR

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You know who else was a body catcher?

In fact, this same guy believes it's the best way to catch a ball because it allows you to prepare for the hit from the safety.

He says catching it with your hands makes it easy for a DB to jar it lose with an arm swipe.

He actually TEACHES this to young receivers.

He is.....Michael Irvin.

Body catchers in general, Drew Pearson was another, aren't necessarily bad. The problem is when you're an inconsistent catcher of any kind, and try to make body catches in situations not suited for them.

The good WRs can catch the damn ball any number of ways, and adjust to the pass, the defender, the sideline, whatever it takes. T Will has shown just enough flashes - remember that sideline grab at Seattle - to drive fans crazy with his inconsistency.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
All of those complaining about the pass...watch the slo mo again. First of all Twill is short of the first by a yard or two. Secondly the ball was thrown to his outside, away from the defender and in a spot where he could then turn. It was chest to head high. How is that a bad throw in the NFL where you throwing to spots? That’s a Dak agenda if you think so