This is going to be an exciting offseason

Verdict

Reaction score
Well, Stephen just confirmed what most of us already knew: we aren't interested in FA because we're spending all our money on players who show up for half of the season.

Shows up for half the season? Tank asks if you are calling his name!!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If Garrett still has a job in 4 weeks the off season will suck

Get ready for it to suck then. Old jerrah will take that regular season win streak and preach about how close we are and no changes will be made to the staff and players and how happy we are about everything.

aria

Reaction score
Romo and Witten, huh? I assume that’s sarcasm or you were dreaming when you typed this. Ambien and a cocktail before bed time?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
There will be a lot of stories to follow this offseason.

If by that you mean watching Dallas re-sign its own players as long as they don't want more than what the team thinks they are worth, then you'll have lots of stories. Don't know if that excites you.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Irrelevant. Organizational strategy is pay your own, show restraint in free agency. How many times does Stephen Jones have to say this so it sinks in?

We did trade for Cooper, who has a big salary number this year, so there's always the possibility of them doing something unusual. But for the most part, I agree that Dallas has shown that its strategy does not include bringing in costly free agents. It might not even keep all of its own if they want more than the front office feels they are worth.

morat1959

Reaction score
I’m extremely excited. Looking forward to a different flavor. Tired of the basic grape, strawberry, orange and lime. Maybe JJ will serve up an exotic new flavor.

CWR

Reaction score
A lot of cap space should mean at least on big free agent signing.

What will Lawrence's future look like?

Possible contract extensions for Dak, Cooper, and even Zeke.

Storylines for our free agents. Is Beasley really leaving?

Is Earl Thomas finally going to be in a Dallas Cowboys uniform?

When will Linehan be shown the door and who will his replacement be?

Sean Lee's future.

Witten AND Romo both coming out of the booth for one last ride.

Randy Gregory....

The draft. I know we don't have a 1st rounder but seeing the type of production from Williams, Gallup, Schultz, (Armstrong turned out to be a nonfactor), we can expect our early round picks to be contributors for 2019.

There will be a lot of stories to follow this offseason.

I like your attitude towards this offseason. Dont let the cynics change it. Lol

lukin2006

Reaction score
I have a feeling when free agency opens the Jones will be on vacation.