This is how we should all feel

CWR

Reaction score
That is an assumption here...he has a baseline of football knowledge.
As do I, and he's assuming I'm wrong. The difference is that we have 4 years of this staff to show I'm not. We wasted enough time and careers with Garrett. Now we are repeating the process.

I willingly acknowledge we don't know what the future holds, but you have to forecast based on something.

I do understand the logic of keeping MM and re-signing Dak. The problem is it will take a very aggressive off season to make a difference. If I'm also basing my offseason expectations on history that will NOT happen. Even if they wanted to I'm not certain we have the capital of imagination to get it done.

CWR

Reaction score
Cry like children? My guy, the front office has continued to fail for 30 years. I have 5 nephews that bleed blue and have never seen an NFC championship game featuring the Cowboys. How do you suppose I approach them after the most recent failure? There has always been optimism to be found. Last year, we won a playoff game and could've won a second. The year prior, we made it to the playoffs after what looked like a complete rebuild. Before that, we finally ditched a bad coach and moved in what seemed like a better direction, and so on and so forth. This year? Complete failure at home against an inferior team. Total team meltdown from top to bottom. Is this just who we are now? Just a bunch of losers who accept a notch above mediocrity? Unacceptable.

Fans have lost faith in McCarthy and the front office. There was an opportunity to do something meaningful and correct course for the franchise, and leadership chose to stand firm. The players chose their leader, and for that, I've lost my faith in them too. How do I tell my oldest nephew, 18 years old and starting a career with the fire department, whom I've discussed football extensively since he was 10, that this team is serious about winning, when I don't believe it myself? What ammunition do we as fans have when approached by other fans, ridiculing the obviously poor decisions that the front office has made, and the comical consistent failures on the field?

I've always been an optimistic person, searching for a silver lining and doing my best to ease the more apprehensive minds with logic and reason, when able. I don't see any sort of silver lining. No light at the end of the tunnel. Just bleak darkness and despair, so much so that I've contemplated turning my back on the team that I've followed religiously since I was 10....1996. If you want to be the yes man to tow the company line I'll gladly hand you my torch, but you have no right to ridicule those who are seeing this for what it is, and coming to terms with the fact that we care more about this team than those that run it. I will absolutely ALWAYS bleed blue, DC4L, but my faith in this organization has been fractured, and I don't see how that can be mended if they choose to continue on the current path.
Exactly how I feel. I'm not defending this organization to anyone. Those days are over. We are what we are. They have put us in a spot it's going to take a radically different off season to move the needle towards positivity.

Like so many of more cynical (correct) posters have stated it doesn't matter until the playoffs. This team is the epitome of that mantra. We were out coached at every level and the big idea is to keep the staff. Every playoff loss has looked exactly the same the last 3 years. We chase our tails and attempt a futile comeback. I used to believe if we were playing good football in December it would carry over. It doesn't.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Making a HC and QB change would absolutely destroy this team. It would take at least 4 - 5 years to rebuild. Even then, it's not a guarantee it would be as good or win as many games. Plus, Jerry doesn't have much time left at all. He feels it coming. His best chance is to keep this 12 - 5 team intact and make several changes to hopefully help it improve in 2024.
4-5 seasons to rebuild to what? Winning seasons with early playoff exits? 5-1 in the last six games with Rush says otherwise (and he is barely a serviceable backup). 9-8 with an early playoff exit feels kinda better because no one expects to advance in the playoffs.

You guys come up with this ridiculous timeline for your own narrative. Dak (along with the offense) has been terrible starting games in the playoffs. Look at his bail placement problems and overthrows during the half that decided the game. He definitely made some great passes too. He was rattled and made some atrocious throws too (and way too many for a guy that is supposed to be so accurate-and the line played very well the first half in pass protection).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
4-5 seasons to rebuild to what? Winning seasons with early playoff exits? 5-1 in the last six games with Rush says otherwise (and he is barely a serviceable backup). 9-8 with an early playoff exit feels kinda better because no one expects to advance in the playoffs.

You guys come up with this ridiculous timeline for your own narrative. Dak (along with the offense) has been terrible starting games in the playoffs. Look at his bail placement problems and overthrows during the half that decided the game. He definitely made some great passes too. He was rattled and made some atrocious throws too (and way too many for a guy that is supposed to be so accurate-and the line played very well the first half in pass protection).
Go watch some film breakdown explanations from Kurt Warner and Michael Irvin. They would prove you wrong.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes and of course you to yours. All you're doing is supporting the same dysfunction that put us here in the first place. I've been more than fair, but in the face of changing evidence only a fool doubles down.
Like I said, every single one of you whiners have 2 choices: either man up and support the team, or go follow another team because y'all are whining way much more than some spoiled children who act up when they don't get exactly their way.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Like I said, every single one of you whiners have 2 choices: either man up and support the team, or go follow another team because y'all are whining way much more than some spoiled children who act up when they don't get exactly their way.
People are gonna do that. A lot are flocking to the bloody Texans.