Video: This is now roughing the passer

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I assume it was the driving into the turf.

He didn't just hit and take him down, he drove him into the turf. I assume that was the call.

Not particularly vicious, but this was not a tick tack call. The defender made the choice the league didn't want him to make. So he got a penalty.

The "blow to the head" calls are much worse. Incidental touches count. This was not incidental.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

He didn't just hit and take him down, he drove him into the turf. I assume that was the call.

Not particularly vicious, but this was not a tick tack call. The defender made the choice the league didn't want him to make. So he got a penalty.

The "blow to the head" calls are much worse. Incidental touches count. This was not incidental.

Yeah, and I don't understand why he did it. They were already only a foot or so off the ground. The guy was virtually down and his little move would neither help put down a guy resisting a tackle or cause much pain either. Just completely useless.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Follow the money boys...... They're trying to build the case that they're interested in making the game safer so they can avoid future liabilities. (See brain injuries)

I guess you can also make the case that when teams have so much money invested in the quarterback position, they want to protect their investment.

Praxit

Reaction score
..What...!! how? How is he suppose to be brought down.

Pants

Reaction score
Two hand touch coming soon to a stadium near you

Shinaoi

Reaction score
-------Itll be like watching the stealers last 2 superbowl wins every game.

The Seattle Super Bowl was the most one sided officiated NFL game that I've ever seen....and that includes the game where Jimmy went off in New York.

The refs are going to pull so much bull crap with these rules this season. The nfl needs less rules that are open to interpretation, not more. Such a bad idea.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

His momentum drove him forward. That was a textbook form tackle. The play isn't over until after the whistle is blown.

seamus18

Reaction score
We are about two steps away from playing flag football full-time. It’s really getting ridiculous.