This is the only thing that will make Jerry change

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Certainly not against you here.

Tough comp though. Free agency and the cap were brand new back then.

I just don’t know that hiring a GM in title would change much. The problem IMO is about not recognizing that they need to use free agency. The owners still would be involved in any significant signing, and if the GM thinks they need a player, but the owner doesn’t want to pay him, we are in the same spot as we are now.
There will be zero change if a general manager were hired in name only. That is essentially what Will McClay is right now.

What I spoke of is Jones mentally accepting a football philosophy from a qualified football executive. That was what Jimmy Johnson encompassed before their divorce.

fivetwos

Reaction score
There will be zero change if a general manager were hired in name only. That is essentially what Will McClay is right now.

What I spoke of is Jones mentally accepting a football philosophy from a qualified football executive. That was what Jimmy Johnson encompassed before their divorce.
Ah yes, I suppose I misunderstood a bit.

Yeah the only real shot at that is a few Campo seasons in a row.

I’m more than willing to sign for it if it gets this team back to where I no longer have to be embarrassed about admitting I’m a fan because of the buffoons that run it.

It’s not about losing. It’s much more about them, although one seems to facilitate the other.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah the only real shot at that is a few Campo seasons in a row.
That would definitely be a possibility I would entertain happening if this were practically any other franchise. Dallas had droughts of 30-38 and 14-18 since the Campo era (2010-2013 & 2019-2020). If those additional extended downturns were not enough to convince Jones to release his Charlton "From My Cold Dead Hands" Heston vise grip on football operations, I doubt anything can.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The Texas Rangers are the World Series Champs.

The Dallas Stars finished the regular season with the second best record in the league and begin the playoffs highly favored to win the Cup.

Following the trade deadline, the Dallas Mavericks have looked unstoppable. They begin the playoffs with the fourth highest odds to win it all.

If, somehow, the Stars and Mavs can replicate the Rangers, Jerry and his team will look like area stepchildren. Yes, the Cowboys will always have the spotlight on them, but sometimes that's a bad thing. As of now, every area sports team has won a championship since the Cowboys have even made it to the NFC Championship Game. If all the other area teams can win Chips in the same year, that's gonna really overcook ol' Jerr's grits.
Following the model he's been following for all these years, to some teams nearby that are actually winning, yeah right!! Jerry's way is the way, it brought him success when he bought the team in earlier years, and in his mind, these are still those early years!!!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
IMG-0484.gif
not really surprised this guy has teenage girl gifs

shabazz

Reaction score
The key is convincing (Jerry Jones in particular) that his management philosophy has always been substandard
I'd have a better chance of convincing Kim Jong Un to adopt democracy in North Korea

Hardline

Reaction score
Jerry will only care when the Rangers, Mavs and Stars are higher than him on the Forbes most valuable sports franchise list.

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
Jerry will threaten to move the Cowboys to Little Rock if that happens which would still be a win for Dallas. We could work out a Browns/Ravens deal where we get a new franchise that inherits the Cowboys' history, and Jerry can go to hell.
Jerry would never sell the Cowboys brand even if he moved it to Little Rock. They would be the Little Rock Cowboys with same uniforms and the star on the helmet.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't care what the other area franchises are doing. Do you want to know what would REALLY get his attention? It's this....

This is what needs to happen to the Jones family.

3a2a3de6c72f8ae1ab7b7cfe767a0123.jpg
This^^^^^^^