This is the Safety Dallas should trade for right now

cowboyec

Reaction score
nope.
no longer will i chase this tail.
they ain't trading picks for one.
hell...they won't even draft one.
in the later rounds maybe but not early.
nope.
i'm done.
that poor ol' safety position will continue to be slighted.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i'm hoping wilson continues to handle business and that kazee,hooker,coyle or another gives him a partner.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
i agree with the consensus here, they will not be going after any more FS now, and certainly not trading their 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick to get one. They feel with the Hooker addition, they are happy with that and will roll with these guys this year. I also cannot believe how minimal attention and priority they place on safety during draft and free agency all these years. Their record speaks for itself on how mediocre they have been.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
nope.
no longer will i chase this tail.
they ain't trading picks for one.
hell...they won't even draft one.
in the later rounds maybe but not early.
nope.
i'm done.
that poor ol' safety position will continue to be slighted.
Maybe they fixed it with the 1 year contracts.

Knotamus

Reaction score
This scenario is NOT going happen.

The only (disgruntled) player I’m willing trade a 1st Rd pick for at the moment is.. Xavien Howard.

I wanted Howard in the 2016 draft.. of course, we selected Pro bowler Jaylon Smith:/ If we would have drafted him.. that would have prob been the best draft in Cowboys history. I digress.

In an alternate world.. we trade a 1st, Anthony Brown, and Jaylon to Miami. They get their draft pick, a starting CB, and (starting) LB. That would free up cap space to restructure Howard’s contract and solidifies a revamped secondary to team up with a formidable DL. But of course, I’m dreaming bc Miami would never take Jaylon.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This scenario is NOT going happen.

The only (disgruntled) player I’m willing trade a 1st Rd pick for at the moment is.. Xavien Howard.

I wanted Howard in the 2016 draft.. of course, we selected Pro bowler Jaylon Smith:/ If we would have drafted him.. that would have prob been the best draft in Cowboys history. I digress.

In an alternate world.. we trade a 1st, Anthony Brown, and Jaylon to Miami. They get their draft pick, a starting CB, and (starting) LB. That would free up cap space to restructure Howard’s contract and solidifies a revamped secondary to team up with a formidable DL. But of course, I’m dreaming bc Miami would never take Jaylon.
I wouldn't trade a first as well as those players...well except maybe Jaylon. but I would consider Joseph, and 3rd for Howard, but no new contract.....they get a talented CB, which for all intent and purposes was a first round talent. extra pick and we get howard....again, on condition that howard plays this year and not hold out.....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
FS
Hooker
Robinson
Kazee
Coyle

SS
Wilson
Mukuamu
Kearse
Thompson
Parker

Wilson has to be the thumper, but improved coverage with this group.
This is why I never dismiss a chance to see live action, and this HOF game will be giving us a look at lot of these guys will be playing, and Quinn will take every moment he has to evaluate this group, its a puzzle for even Quinn at this point.
The movement that he wants to incorporate has to be a cohesive effort with the back seven, everyone knowing that moving Neal from WLB to safety or vice versa, just for example, or Parsons flexing to end, etc.. the defense has to be in sync to flex successfully, and my point being is that Quinn will be looking hard at this group specifically to find the right guys in the sub packages/blitz packages etc.

Knotamus

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade a first as well as those players...well except maybe Jaylon. but I would consider Joseph, and 3rd for Howard, but no new contract.....they get a talented CB, which for all intent and purposes was a first round talent. extra pick and we get howard....again, on condition that howard plays this year and not hold out.....

I hear what your saying, but I respectfully disagree.

Howard is only being talked about in trade conversations bc he wants a new contract. If he was going to play for his current contract.. Miami would have no need to trade him.

Absolutely no way I hand Joseph over before I know what he is. What if he’s at Howard’s level in a year or two? Then we trade a cheap, young CB for an 28yo CB that may only have a couple more years in his prime.

If Xavien is traded.. Miami will demand nothing less than a 1st.. and I don’t blame them. Howard has proven to be worth it. Anthony Brown is what he is (although he may get a little bit better), a year younger, and owed only $6mil for the next couple of years. Throwing in Jaylon is to get his *** off this team and free up another $10+million a year. With AB and JS gone.. that would free up the cap space to satisfy Howard.

BTW.. I would only sign Howard to a 3year deal max. By then.. he’ll be older and let him walk, we sign Joseph or Diggs to the next big contract.

That said.. I’d rather roll with our young CBs. Again.. Howard is the only player available in trade that would make a huge difference on our team.