CFZ This is the Year to Go All In

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everything I'm hearing lately says he's a very good locker room presence. I hated the guy the first few years, but it seems like he's turned himself around.
I don’t think we trade for a wide receiver, or a need one. James Washington, if anything I’d like another pass rusher. Or just stay still

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don’t know about all in, but I feel like there are
moves to be had that could help our chances.

I don’t see a Davante Adam’s type trade, but a few more upgrades to our weaknesses would be great.

terra

Reaction score
Something to strengthen one of our weaknesses would be good.

Not sure what WR out there is really worth getting vs what we would have to pay; maybe a good LB or DB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s too late for the Cowboys to go all in that should’ve been done during the offseason. Instead we parted ways with the best WR we had and now we’re scrambling to try and trade for one. We’re putting ourselves in a position to get fleeced for a WR who isn’t going to be as good as the one we traded away for a 5th.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think we trade for a wide receiver, or a need one. James Washington, if anything I’d like another pass rusher. Or just stay still
Just because we did well against the Bears doesn't mean our WR corps is good enough to take on everyone. One receiver who can draw the defense away from Lamb and Gallup, and maybe use Turpin too, would be helpful.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Then you agree that paying a QB a cent more than league minimum or a cent more than a rookie contract doenst make sense unless they are Brady?

Nice strawman argument. However, your position about paying a QB, with your requirements of knowing how that player will turn out before acquiring him, moves into the realm of ridiculousness. The very nature of the process of signing a QB is a crap shoot at best. But more specifically your ire at Dak, and your comments concerning him indicate you truly have no solution to this issue.

Let him walk, and the team being assembled that we see today falls apart. If you think Cooper Rush is the answer because he won a few games, then any comment you have is truly moot.

What domino affect would trigger if Jerry allowed Dak to walk? Dallas would have still been drafting in the middle of the pack. Too far away from any potential candidate you find acceptable. Because you want guarantees.

Would Quinn have stayed when teams were nosing around him last off season because the rebuild is going into the first year with a rookie QB? How about the skill players coming up for renewal? Think they would stay for a three year process to get back to where this team was last year, if that is possible?

It's easy to toss out your venom at Dak for his salary. Then make comical statements like the one above.

Both your position on a guarantee the QB will be elite or he doesn't get a dime, and your lack of any real solution to this problem other than the preposterous league minimum declaration is more of the same from posters that want to complain and regurgitate the same sour grapes which litters any thread that includes Dak.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Jerry is 80 ..... He will get very desperate soon until his transformation into Al Davis is complete.

al.png

kramskoi

Reaction score
Should have went all in last year. If we could get another CB or WR i'm all for it.
In the off-season. Keeping last years' top ranked offense together would've been one way of going "all in".

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In the off-season. Keeping last years' top ranked offense together would've been one way of going "all in".

Stop making sense. Just another reason why them talking about winning a SB is just BS.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Make those trades to go for it all this year. The tide is turning where Rodgers and Brady are on their way out the league. Brees is gone. Russell Wilson is no longer here or a thread. The other top 3 teams record wise is Eagles, Vikings, Giants.

We all know Giants are playing way above their means. We beat them on the road with Rush. They will come down to earth.

Vikings have Cousins so that automatically means they don't need to be feared. They do have offensive talent but when he's under center, he will never fully maximize it over a season.

With the Eagles remaining schedule, they could possibly be the #1 seed. But they aren't some team you point to that's head and shoulders above everyone like we have seen with top teams in the past.

NFL window is way too short o make long term plans. We are 6-2 and should be a playoff team barring a massive collapse. I'm seeing teams make moves for draft picks in the 4th round range. You make those moves all day long. Any round after 3 is a huge crapshoot and you'd rather have a proven vet that can come in right away to help.

We made a huge trade in 2018 to salvage our season. Why not make some moves to sure up an already solid roster to make a big run the last half of the season?
Cousins can be very dangerous in the playoffs, but I’d love to see our pass rush getting after him.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No just a couple small changes for next year
MM and offensive staff replaced

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Nice strawman argument. However, your position about paying a QB, with your requirements of knowing how that player will turn out before acquiring him, moves into the realm of ridiculousness. The very nature of the process of signing a QB is a crap shoot at best. But more specifically your ire at Dak, and your comments concerning him indicate you truly have no solution to this issue.

Let him walk, and the team being assembled that we see today falls apart. If you think Cooper Rush is the answer because he won a few games, then any comment you have is truly moot.

What domino affect would trigger if Jerry allowed Dak to walk? Dallas would have still been drafting in the middle of the pack. Too far away from any potential candidate you find acceptable. Because you want guarantees.

Would Quinn have stayed when teams were nosing around him last off season because the rebuild is going into the first year with a rookie QB? How about the skill players coming up for renewal? Think they would stay for a three year process to get back to where this team was last year, if that is possible?

It's easy to toss out your venom at Dak for his salary. Then make comical statements like the one above.

Both your position on a guarantee the QB will be elite or he doesn't get a dime, and your lack of any real solution to this problem other than the preposterous league minimum declaration is more of the same from posters that want to complain and regurgitate the same sour grapes which litters any thread that includes Dak.

:facepalm: :muttley:

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
They did go all in. Did you not see they signed peters and Hankins. They both over the hill and cheap. That’s stephens idea of going all in

Doomsday101

Reaction score
always open for a trade but who and for what matters. To trade just to say we traded no. Trading for a player who can make an impact? sure I would take that but again depending on what it would cost, trades are always a 2 way deal.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Jerry has gotten burned everytime he has given up a number 1 pick. Not happening again.

DanA

Reaction score
Just because we did well against the Bears doesn't mean our WR corps is good enough to take on everyone. One receiver who can draw the defense away from Lamb and Gallup, and maybe use Turpin too, would be helpful.

It’s good enough if we’re only play 3 WR’s on the field 45% of the time. It’s all about ‘dem rookie Tight Ends!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
always open for a trade but who and for what matters. To trade just to say we traded no. Trading for a player who can make an impact? sure I would take that but again depending on what it would cost, trades are always a 2 way deal.

Totally get it, but I’m okay trading away quite a bit to take a real big swing at a championship.

Our draft picks are valuable, but no matter how well we’ve drafted over the last decade, it’s not been enough. We need trade/fa help.

This year the competition is down, the team is a possibly a few pieces away, your most valuable coach is likely gone next year.

If there was ever a time to pull the trigger it was now.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
All in = we like our guys
All in = honest offers
All in = “we’re comfortable”