this is why the Falcons always suck

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
talk about stupidity...but hey I hate this team and hate Vick, so I am happy for them...they are tattood to the glorified RB forever now:

Financial details were not yet available, but agent Joel Segal told ESPN.com the contract will make Vick the NFL's highest paid player in terms of total dollars. It is believed the guaranteed money will top the $34.5 million signing bonus the Indianapolis Colts paid Peyton Manning 10 months ago.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

and oh and PS, this guy had no business making the probowl this yr either...

David

chicago JK

Reaction score
That is an awful lot of money. Although Vick is one of the true difference makers in the league. The guy just flat out wins. I don't think that is even debateable now. He took a talented but not overly talented VA Tech team to the championship game as a freshman. His two years as starting QB of the Falcons he has lead the Falcons to an very impressive record with two playoff performances. The season he was injured the Falcons returned to one of the worst teams in the league.

I am a Vick fan. I spent some time up close with him during his first year as a starter. He has that Aura surruonding him. I don't know if he has changed since then. Sure his stats aren't off the charts, but I have no problem with his pro bowl appearance.

A lot money though. NOt bad for someone who some were predicting his backup would be the better option this year ;)

Martice

Reaction score
he sure knows how to win. Sometimes, it's not how you win but if you win. Do you think the Colts would be willing to trade Mannings passing ability for a victory over the Pats or Steelers this year in the AFC Championship?

If a QB has a very accurate arm that gives him an advantage over the defense, good for him. If a QB has a strong arm and brain to go with it and that gives him an advantage over his competition, then good for him again. However, if a QB has the ability to run through defenses like they are on roller skates then good for him also.

What counts is how many wins and how many losses you have at the end of it all.

Time will tell on Mr. Vick one way or the other.