Twitter: This is why you can't trust PFF Trevon Diggs

CWR

Reaction score
Most of us that watched knew Diggs was taking heat for other people’s blown coverages. He’s definitely a gambler, but blown safety coverage was a bigger issue over the top.

Kazee hung him out to dry a few times.

pansophy

Reaction score
Darrelle Revis never had more than 6 Ints but he changed the way the Jets could play defense for years. Diggs isn't doing that for us, so while his play is fine and his INTs certainly help make up for plays he has given up, it's not like he is shutting down half of the field. I think the question is would people be saying the same thing if Diggs had 4 INTs instead of 11, which is far more likely where that number will be this year? Maybe we would.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I still need a little clarification on how it was adjusted.
They just threw out the PFF grades?
I could only see a portion of the article because I'm not giving PFF any of my filthy lucre, unlike @Hennessy_King
Same as you with paywall. Seems a metric was created and applied I also think some warp theory was involved plus string and chaos theory. :eek::grin:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I have no idea what adjustments they're making, nor how they calculate unadjusted coverage rate. Consequently, I have no idea why anyone should give a damn about this.
I'm kinda with you there.
Appreciate the honesty.

jwitten82

Reaction score
What makes it garbage though? No one can ever say.
I remember years back they graded Aaron Rodgers pretty low for a game where he threw about 4 tds and I think 1 pick, ever since then I've always been a little wary on how they graded players. I think another good question is, what makes them so credible? Who's doing the grading on the player and what are their credentials?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I remember years back they graded Aaron Rodgers pretty low for a game where he threw about 4 tds and I think 1 pick, ever since then I've always been a little wary on how they graded players. I think another good question is, what makes them so credible? Who's doing the grading on the player and what are their credentials?
And how do they know the player's assignments per play to judge how they executed the gameplan?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of us that watched knew Diggs was taking heat for other people’s blown coverages. He’s definitely a gambler, but blown safety coverage was a bigger issue over the top.
Yep. Kazee was usually there but could not make the play

On those plays it tells me thar Diggs knew help was in place for him to make the gamble but the help failed.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Maybe they factored in how endearing his son is...
That's worth a 10, or 15 point jump.
I think it had something to do with trips to the men's room and how he dealt with it in an indiscriminate way on the sidelines

JayFord

Reaction score
Any corner that gives up 1000 yards wouldn't be in the nfl

Some of those are blown coverages or simply assignments he's supposed to pass off

The yards given up was used to slander him because he plays for Dallas......

With that said does he get beat? Yes he has issues but it's nowhere near giving up over 1k yards

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WHAT IS "ADJUSTED"?
They adjust their in season grade to align with general sentiment about players.

i.e. If they gave a player a terrible grade and he made all pro, then they adjust to make their grades look less idiotic.