This just floored me about Zeke

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
In honour of his achievement, I refer to him as Mr. Ezekiel Elijiah Elliott:

In this busy world of ours and in my James Bondish activities I overlooked something.

Chaps and plumbers, Zeke is THIRD MOST PRODUCTIVE RB IN COWBOYS HISTORY!
I didn't know tha!
And you who did know that, forgive me and dont be smug like Bill Maher, tha toad.
Look, with Emmitt, Tony, Calvin, Walt, Perkins, Robert Newhouse, Herschel and others, I assumed he was 5th or 6th.

I salute you Zeke!

Holla, and brings me a dollah

offlimits

Reaction score

In this busy world of ours and in my James Bondish activities I overlooked something.

I didn't know tha!
And you who did know that, forgive me and dont be smug like Bill Maher, tha toad.
Look, with Emmitt, Tony, Calvin, Walt, Perkins, Robert Newhouse, Herschel and others, I assumed he was 5th or 6th.

I salute you Zeke!

Emmitt is the GOAT and TD was lightning in a bottle. Miss those days when we had a back that could go 70 in the blink of an eye. I was a teen and am so thankful that I got to see those great teams play in the 70's.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Emmitt is the GOAT and TD was lightning in a bottle. Miss those days when we had a back that could go 70 in the blink of an eye. I was a teen and am so thankful that I got to see those great teams play in the 70's.
Agree I started 87 hershal owning the patriots. Jerry broke my heart at the moment, when he traded him lol. Imo behind Bo he was probably the 2nd most explosive rb ever.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
At least we saved a few million on the cap. 8/

That mortgage payment on the Star adds up.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
How's this?

Zeke was drafted the same year as Derrick Henry.

Zeke has more rushing yards and more receiving yards in his career than Henry.
WRONG.

:facepalm:

Not only does Henry have more rushing yards (8,335) than Zeke (8,262) on lesser attempts, he has more:
  • Rushing TDs (78 vs. 68)
  • Averages more YPC (career: 4.8 vs. 4.4)
  • More 1,500+ yard seasons (3 vs. 1)
  • Averages more yard-per-catch (career: 9.8 vs. 7.7)
Y'all are out crusading for Zeke and don't even know the basic numbers, lool.

Last edited:

Jfconrow

Reaction score
2nd ever? I can think of three right away, Barry Sanders, Roger Craig, Marcus Allen.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Agree I started 87 hershal owning the patriots. Jerry broke my heart at the moment, when he traded him lol. Imo behind Bo he was probably the 2nd most explosive rb ever.

Walker in his first two seasons with us was brilliant, such a shame he came here just as we were about to hit a losing run of seasons…
He’d have been the overall number one draft pick if he’d come straight to the NFL from college.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
How's this?

Zeke was drafted the same year as Derrick Henry.

Zeke has more rushing yards and more receiving yards in his career than Henry.
You failed to mention that Henry was not the starter in 2016 (DeMarco Murray was ironically enough) and in 2017 Henry split carries with Henry. Also, Henry has 1,750 career carries and 127 career receptions compared to Zeke's 1,881 career rushing attempts and 305 career receptions....so it would make sense Zeke has more rushing and receiving yards....yet Henry actually has more rushing yards (8,335 rushing yards for Henry and 8,262 rushing yards for Zeke) and more rushing TD's (Henry has 78 and Zeke has 68).

So your post is actually statistically misleading and inaccurate.

cowboybish

Reaction score
I would still take Derek henry on this year’s team for a reasonable dollar if he was open to it. He’s exactly the kind of power back we need to Pollard.

Sydla

Reaction score
At least we saved a few million on the cap. 8/

That mortgage payment on the Star adds up.
We saved $10.9 million this year alone. And he's off the books except for some dead money next year.

Your bitterness at him being gone is kind of funny.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score

I didn't know tha!

I salute you Zeke!

RN was more of a blocker for TD and Preston Pearson but could run himself but the others were good runners for sure.

erod

Reaction score
You failed to mention that Henry was not the starter in 2016 (DeMarco Murray was ironically enough) and in 2017 Henry split carries with Henry. Also, Henry has 1,750 career carries and 127 career receptions compared to Zeke's 1,881 career rushing attempts and 305 career receptions....so it would make sense Zeke has more rushing and receiving yards....yet Henry actually has more rushing yards (8,335 rushing yards for Henry and 8,262 rushing yards for Zeke) and more rushing TD's (Henry has 78 and Zeke has 68).

So your post is actually statistically misleading and inaccurate.
If you know me, you know I place almost no credence at all on stats. Hate them.

Just making a point that what most people stupidly base their football opinions on actually make Zeke look like a Hall of Fame guy.

Still, there is still value to him that doesn't show in the stat sheet, especially with the limitations of Pollard.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Zeke doesn't return on a cheaper deal after he tests the market.

Sydla

Reaction score

Just making a point that what most people stupidly base their football opinions on actually make Zeke look like a Hall of Fame guy.

Still, there is still value to him that doesn't show in the stat sheet, especially with the limitations of Pollard.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Zeke doesn't return on a cheaper deal after he tests the market.
The words you were looking for were...............

"Whoops, my bad on those stats."

Cmac

Reaction score

I didn't know tha!

I salute you Zeke!

....but I thought Zeke, reading the hate on this board.......would be villified even if he saved the little kids from a school bus accident.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

You also seem to place no credence on it they're accurate or not.