This just floored me about Zeke

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Just think if we gave him 8,000 more carries he could have been the all time leading rusher.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
He was great as a rookie, one of the best rookie seasons of all time.

The rest of his career was good to average. He was the 4th overall pick, so I’m comparing him to what other teams got in that range (LT, Peterson, Faulk, Edgerrin James, etc). Those guys are all HOFers.

He was a good player, but I expected more TBH.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
WRONG.

:facepalm:

Not only does Henry have more rushing yards (8,335) than Zeke (8,262) on lesser attempts, he has more:
  • Rushing TDs (78 vs. 68)
  • Averages more YPC (career: 4.8 vs. 4.4)
  • More 1,500+ yard seasons (3 vs. 1)
  • Averages more yard-per-catch (career: 9.8 vs. 7.7)
Y'all are out crusading for Zeke and don't even know the basic numbers, lool.
Thanks for the catch. I was about to say the same thing.
Also, Derrick Henry started 2 games in his rookie year and 2 games in his second year.
Zeke had, in essence, a 21-game start on Henry, yet Henry STILL leads him in rushing yardage.

khiladi

Reaction score
WRONG.

:facepalm:

Not only does Henry have more rushing yards (8,335) than Zeke (8,262) on lesser attempts, he has more:
  • Rushing TDs (78 vs. 68)
  • Averages more YPC (career: 4.8 vs. 4.4)
  • More 1,500+ yard seasons (3 vs. 1)
  • Averages more yard-per-catch (career: 9.8 vs. 7.7)
Y'all are out crusading for Zeke and don't even know the basic numbers, lool.
I loved Zeke in his prime, but acting like dude is anywhere near Henry, who is generational considering his make-up of size, speed and agility is ridiculous.

Again, Henry is a generational type talent and that’s not a knock on Zeke..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I loved Zeke in his prime, but acting like dude is anywhere near Henry, who is generational considering his make-up of size, speed and agility is ridiculous.

Again, Henry is a generational type talent and that’s not a knock on Zeke..
I admit I thought Henry's foot speed was slow coming into the NFL. Saw him get trapped in the backfield too much at Bama.
But when he gets up a head of speed, he's almost impossible to tackle in the open field.
I was rooting for someone to tackle him when he tied Dorsett's record for longest run from scrimmage. But he was tossing dudes like snow off wiper blades.
Just imagine if we had gone Ramsey, Henry in the 2016 draft.
But hindsight always is 20/20. Sigh!

Ken

Reaction score
How's this?

Zeke was drafted the same year as Derrick Henry.

Zeke has more rushing yards and more receiving yards in his career than Henry.
He does not have more Rushing yards, rushing tds or ypc.

Code:
                                                                                                     Pass                 Rush                 Rece
Rk            Player From   To AV  G QBrec Cmp Att  Cmp% Yds TD  Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A  AY/A NY/A ANY/A  Att  Yds TD Y/A Lng  Rec  Yds TD Y/R Lng
1    Ezekiel Elliott 2016 2022 72      103   1   1 100.0   4  0  83.3   4   0  0   0 4.0  4.00 4.00  4.00 1881 8262 68 4.4  60  305 2336 12 7.7  83
2      Derrick Henry 2016 2022 64      102   5   6  83.3  23  2 122.2   8   0  0   0 3.8 10.50 3.83 10.50 1750 8335 78 4.8  99  127 1244  3 9.8  75

Provided by Stathead.com: View Stathead Tool Used
Generated 3/17/2023.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
In honour of his achievement, I refer to him as Mr. Ezekiel Elijiah Elliott:

In this busy world of ours and in my James Bondish activities I overlooked something.

Chaps and plumbers, Zeke is THIRD MOST PRODUCTIVE RB IN COWBOYS HISTORY!
I didn't know tha!
And you who did know that, forgive me and dont be smug like Bill Maher, tha toad.
Look, with Emmitt, Tony, Calvin, Walt, Perkins, Robert Newhouse, Herschel and others, I assumed he was 5th or 6th.

I salute you Zeke!

Holla, and brings me a dollah
I’m going to side-step the Elliot/Henry p*ss*ng battle that’s going on to chime in on the original posters comment re: the exploits of Zeke.

Don’t take this as me being smug, but…I was aware of his standing in the Cowboy RB hierarchy. I’m sure it was due to hearing it or reading it somewhere and not my drawn from my own Cowboy statistical memory bank - it’s just not that good. That being said, I’m glad you brought it up.

There are aspects of his running style that may be harder to replace than anticipated. Zeke has a way of picking up 2 yards when 1.5 is needed. He has an uncanny ability to find the smallest crease to penetrate, get low, and generate enough wiggle room to extend for a hard-fought couple of yards. There’s a subtle nuance to his ability to pick up short yardage that goes beyond, “just ram it up the a@@!”

He fought until the end even though he had to have a sense of what was coming. It’s hard for us to watch his skills diminish. Just image being in his shoes to experience it.

Best of luck Mr. Elliot and THANK YOU for your service. Now go sign with the Bengals and get a ring.

Verdict

Reaction score
In honour of his achievement, I refer to him as Mr. Ezekiel Elijiah Elliott:

In this busy world of ours and in my James Bondish activities I overlooked something.

Chaps and plumbers, Zeke is THIRD MOST PRODUCTIVE RB IN COWBOYS HISTORY!
I didn't know tha!
And you who did know that, forgive me and dont be smug like Bill Maher, tha toad.
Look, with Emmitt, Tony, Calvin, Walt, Perkins, Robert Newhouse, Herschel and others, I assumed he was 5th or 6th.

I salute you Zeke!

Holla, and brings me a dollah
You should have acquired quite a few dollars by now! Lol.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
How's this?

Zeke was drafted the same year as Derrick Henry.

Zeke has more rushing yards and more receiving yards in his career than Henry.
One exploded on the scene and one started late. Check back in 5

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I’m going to side-step the Elliot/Henry p*ss*ng battle that’s going on to chime in on the original posters comment re: the exploits of Zeke.

Don’t take this as me being smug, but…I was aware of his standing in the Cowboy RB hierarchy. I’m sure it was due to hearing it or reading it somewhere and not my drawn from my own Cowboy statistical memory bank - it’s just not that good. That being said, I’m glad you brought it up.

There are aspects of his running style that may be harder to replace than anticipated. Zeke has a way of picking up 2 yards when 1.5 is needed. He has an uncanny ability to find the smallest crease to penetrate, get low, and generate enough wiggle room to extend for a hard-fought couple of yards. There’s a subtle nuance to his ability to pick up short yardage that goes beyond, “just ram it up the a@@!”

He fought until the end even though he had to have a sense of what was coming. It’s hard for us to watch his skills diminish. Just image being in his shoes to experience it.

Best of luck Mr. Elliot and THANK YOU for your service. Now go sign with the Bengals and get a ring.
We have come to bury him, not praise him.

(kidding, chap)

shabazz

Reaction score
Zeke was elite for two years and average the rest.
I’d say 3. Even with the 6 game suspension in his 2nd season he still almost hit 1000 yards and a 4+ yards per carry. His total numbers are great because the man simply didn’t miss many games to injury