This loss was much needed

playmakers

Reaction score
Theres nothing better than a reality check right before the playoffs start. Personally, I think our guys were getting too big of a head anyway. Theres only a handful of teams that go 14-2 and that means even the best Superbowl winners had a bump in the road on their journey. We had a million chances to beat the Eagles but didnt get it done. Lets hope that Gurode isnt injured too bad. We will bounce back and crush the Panthers. The Commanders could be a tricky game if they beat the Vikings. Overall, injuries aside, this loss was good Im telling you.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
i agree, its time to refocus on the next 2 games, and go get the homefiled advantage, oh by the way the Pack is due for a loss soon.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
No loss is ever "needed."

Weren't we supposed to get our "reality check" last week when we won a game we didn't really deserve to? A lot of people here were saying, "now, the team won't over look opponents, we needed a game like this."

I mean, I'll take a win any way I can get it, but we were one fumble recovery away from starting December 1-3.

Is it too much to ask for one COMPLETE game from both the offense and defense? Hopefully it comes next week vs. the Panthers. I want to see a game where we completely dominate our opponent AND have the scoreboard reflect that.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Have fun putting more lipstick on this pig. Nobody can turn lemons into lemonade like Dallas fans.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
dangerdoom;1839400 said:
No loss is ever "needed."

Weren't we supposed to get our "reality check" last week when we won a game we didn't really deserve to? A lot of people here were saying, "now, the team won't over look opponents, we needed a game like this."

I mean, I'll take a win any way I can get it, but we were one fumble recovery away from starting December 1-3.

Is it too much to ask for one COMPLETE game from both the offense and defense? Hopefully it comes next week vs. the Panthers. I want to see a game where we completely dominate our opponent AND have the scoreboard reflect that.

How so?

And also, to the rest of your post, we've spent the majority of the season blowing the doors off opponents. We've played some closer ones recently. Guess who else has followed a similar pattern? New England. I assure you, we'll be fine.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
playmakers;1839378 said:
Theres nothing better than a reality check right before the playoffs start. Personally, I think our guys were getting too big of a head anyway.

I am going with what you said.

We almost had a reality check early... then we won that game... Reality check ineffective.

We almost had a reality check last week.. .then we won the game. Reality check ineffective.

NOW... we pretty much get NOTHING going ALL game... Reality check should have hit home on this one.

There is much work to be done before our playoff run.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Exactly.

If anything, last week's game was an anti-reality check because it allowed the players to think they were immune to anything bad happening.

They probably thought all game, oh it will be fine, we will score at the end (hell I thought they would too) and win.

I also think people forget how hard it is to win eight in a row in the NFL.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
bbgun;1839408 said:
Have fun putting more lipstick on this pig. Nobody can turn lemons into lemonade like Dallas fans.

I heard Charlie Steiner talk on NFL films about the last scab season the NFL had. Talking about the broadcasts. He said "we put as much lipstick on that pig as we could, but at the end of the day it was still an ugly pig":laugh2: OBTW, Payton was NO QB :)

That's what this game was to me.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bbgun;1839408 said:

This pig you speak of is

1. 12-2 so far
  2. clinched playoff spot
  3. clinched division title
  4. clinched HFA for atleast one playoff game so far?
  5. clinched first round bye

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I hate to lose and we shouldn't have lost, but we did. So since we did, I hope this wakes this team up, and brings this thing back down to earth.

It got Romo's attention, Garrett's attention, TO and the rest of these players attention, now let's buckle down and win out going into the play offs. We need to go on a 5 game winning streak.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Ozzu;1839411 said:
How so?

And also, to the rest of your post, we've spent the majority of the season blowing the doors off opponents. We've played some closer ones recently. Guess who else has followed a similar pattern? New England. I assure you, we'll be fine.
LOL, never mind. I got some of the games mixed up.

:eek::

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
It's awful hard to win 12 games in a row, which is what we would have had to do had we won the rest of our games plus the playoffs. Now it's time for the team to refocus. We can win 5 in a row. We've done it twice already this season.

It may be hard for the uber pessimists out there to believe, but it is possible to learn more in defeat than in victory.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
I still don't like losing and I am sure the team feels the same way :p

I like keeping your heads up though and looking for positives at least.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
smarta5150;1839500 said:
I still don't like losing and I am sure the team feels the same way :p

I like keeping your heads up though and looking for positives at least.
Oh I hate it. But we will be back strong come Saturday.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
windward;1839508 said:
Oh I hate it. But we will be back strong come Saturday.

As a fan and a spectator I am glad we have a short week.

The sooner I can get this bitter taste out of my mouth the better.

For the good of the team though having an extra day to rest the wounded might better.

Regardless, like you said, this team should come out very hungry and strong.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
The reason this loss serves as the best "reality check" is because it was to the hated Eagles. If this loss doesn't wake up the entire team, nothing will. Get healthy Romo & Gurode, we need ya!!!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
smarta5150;1839510 said:
The sooner I can get this bitter taste out of my mouth the better.

"Spit it out.... spit it out... spit it out.... if ya dont like it"

Sorry.... Whitesnake song :D

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
YoMick;1839771 said:
"Spit it out.... spit it out... spit it out.... if ya dont like it"

Sorry.... Whitesnake song :D

Whitesnake rocks.

But i think of another song when I see a putrid Cowboys December game.

"Here I go again"

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
playmakers;1839378 said:
Theres nothing better than a reality check right before the playoffs start. Personally, I think our guys were getting too big of a head anyway. Theres only a handful of teams that go 14-2 and that means even the best Superbowl winners had a bump in the road on their journey. We had a million chances to beat the Eagles but didnt get it done. Lets hope that Gurode isnt injured too bad. We will bounce back and crush the Panthers. The Commanders could be a tricky game if they beat the Vikings. Overall, injuries aside, this loss was good Im telling you.

Crush the panthers?? The last 3 weeks the Pass Defense has not played well and almost let GB pack in the game followed by the pitiful performance against the Lions and yestrday. So I don't see this team crushing anybody right now