john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
4953562.jpg
Everybody is so grumpy!
:D

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
49ers made the NFC Conference Game three times under Harbaugh and now twice under Shanahan. That is with different coaches, QBs, GMs, etc. But Jerry has had 10 years of pretty good drafting and QB stability and he still can't even come close. It's a big problem here and it is not getting any better.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
49ers made the NFC Conference Game three times under Harbaugh and now twice under Shanahan. That is with different coaches, QBs, GMs, etc. But Jerry has had 10 years of pretty good drafting and QB stability and he still can't even come close. It's a big problem here and it is not getting any better.

It all starts with attitude....and the will to win. Jerry has built his house of cards w/ guys that have been bullied ....drug addicted....depressed....ect.

Just like in anything you buy.....You get what you pay for. If you buy crap....your gonna get crap. :rolleyes:

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I will give Tannehill a break (even though he may be on another team after today). Actually, Tannehill and the Titans went to the AFC championship game in 2019 vs the Chiefs. Also, he knows he's a bus driver. Dak doesn't know he's a bus driver.
Dak drove the bus for a 20 yard scamper down the field to lose the game.......then proceeded to blame the refs when the bus broke down!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
More than half the league hasn't won a Super Bowl since the Cowboys did. Think about that. 12 of the 31 other teams have never won the Super Bowl.
So that's the standard you want us to aim for?

Heck if we were one of those teams people wouldn't say a thing. But I thought we were something like the Yankees of football. Successful and hated by everyone else? So who cares about those 12 teams?

Motorola

Reaction score
The Bengals win will make 27 teams that will have played in a conference championship game since the last time we were there. Thats 84% of the league. that is sickening.
The other four teams In the same boat as the Cowboys - Browns, Dolphins, Football Team, Lions.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Perspective: Joe Burrow wasn’t even born the last time that the Dallas Cowboys reached a Conference Championship Game.

He literally lived his whole life, had football success, won a National Championship, got drafted into the NFL by the Cincinnati Bengals, and still beat the Cowboys to a conference championship.

Burrow was 11 yrs old when Garrett was hired as Cowboys OC in 2007 and 23 when Garrett was fired.

Motorola

Reaction score
More than half the league hasn't won a Super Bowl since the Cowboys did. Think about that. 12 of the 31 other teams have never won the Super Bowl.
But since the start of this century, 13 AFC and 13 NFC teams have made it to the conference championship game.
And all of the 13 NFC teams have done it twice
9 of the NFC teams have been in the conference title game three times (or more).

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
The other four teams In the same boat as the Cowboys - Browns, Dolphins, Football Team, Lions.
This is just straight up sad and pathetic. I hope the Jones' know this and its rubbed in their faces each and every day!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Winning the division and being 12 and 5 isn't being a loser. Being a cry baby when your team is doing better than the majority of the league is being a loser. It's a fact that more than half the league hasn't won the Super Bowl since the Cowboys did and 12 of them have never won the Super Bowl. It is a hard thing to win the Super Bowl especially in these modern times.
It is hard....but NO ONE....NO ONE....gets 27 years of chances. There is not a GM in ANY sport that would not have been fired with this record of futility. Here is what I can GUARANTEE you: If the value of your franchise was based on "on the field results"....if the amount of money you could charge for tickets, parking, hot dogs, beer, jerseys, hats, etc.....was based on "on the field results"...if the amount of times you appeared in PrimeTime or Thanksgiving was based on "on the field results".... Jerry would have long ago put the proper structure in place...and I PROMISE you...we would be the New England Patriots....because they one thing Jerry has proven...is that he knows how to make money. And he is making more than ANYBODY else...without having to WIN. So there is ZERO incentive for him to change.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I keep saying Jerry Jones is today's Connie Mack.
Mack, the manager and GM for the Philadelphia A's from 1901-1950. He wanted his team's to be good enough in the regular season to bring in the fans, but didn't want to win a championship so he didn't have to pay them.

I'm not very sure Jerry Jones cares about winning championships any more. He's box office - and we fans have to suffer.

Funny I was thinking the same thing....as long as the money keeps flowing in....why should he care? Everyone just assumes Jerry is in this thing to win....who is to say he just isn't in this to make money?

Vomit

Reaction score
^^^This. All Dallas fans must accept these facts. Cowboys are going NOWHERE until GM Jerry sells the farm or buys the farm.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Right after the curtains.
Oh the curtains....you mean the curtains Jerry allowed closed during the draft for TV purposes but not while his team played and got blinded trying to catch a pigskin because it messed up the look of is stadium? That Jerry is so crafty!

Flamma

Reaction score

Houston hasn't made it to a championship game. So, 26 teams. That dulls the pain by 1/27th.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I will give Tannehill a break (even though he may be on another team after today). Actually, Tannehill and the Titans went to the AFC championship game in 2019 vs the Chiefs. Also, he knows he's a bus driver. Dak doesn't know he's a bus driver.

Bus drivers don't throw for almost 5000 yards and 40 TDs.

dckid

Reaction score
What does that have to do with the topic??? We are the Cowboys, Americas team. There is something to that reputation. The Bengals are just a regular franchise.

Motorola

Reaction score
I don't care about conference championship appearances. This is a SB or bust franchise
Teams have to appear in the conference championship, then win it to get to the Super Bowl.
Can't do the latter without the former.