This might be something... Malcolm Kelly rumor

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
First of all, my head hurt after suffering through that post.

Second, why would we draft Kelly with the 22nd and then trade the 28th for another WR? I would rather take a CB at 22 and trade the 28th for RW or Boldin.

This post makes no sense at all. Rumors are just that ... rumors. They have no value to them at all unless it comes from Jerry or ... OK, just Jerry. Malcom Kelly is a nice player, but why draft a receiver that isn't going to add much to the team in the first or second year? Getting a veteran WR will do much more for the team than a rookie.

I need to go take an Advil (no endorsement of this product intended).

BHendri5

Reaction score
BouncingCheese;2034007 said:
Is the consensus that Sweed and thomas are going to be gone by 22?

I think that Devin Thomas has a chance of being a pro bowl type player, and that Kelly could eventually take the no 1 recieving spot in a west coast offense. He is a big reciever with only adequate speed.

I would take Devin Thomas as well, but Sweed no way I would touch that guy and I feel for any team that does draft him.

slow, adequate, real speed, it really does not matter. Too many stars/superstars has made it in the NFL, and they were slower than Malcom.

The guy produces, he most definitely out produced Limas Sweed, the fake number 4. Jamel told me that this past red river shootout Sweed told Malcom that the fans would see the real number 4, and we did, Malcom Kelly, Sweed did nothing.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
TEUFELI;2034171 said:
Is this a joke? Was it simply from before his Proday or what? We now know that Malcolm is NOT fast...for a LB! So the notion that Malcolm is faster than TO...huh?

Yea, I almost fell out of my chair when I read that.

Noway Malcolm is faster than TO, I am calling BS on that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2034056 said:
i thought VR already said were not going WR in 1st so we would b e hoping he falls to 611

So we can sign him as a free agent? :confused: :D

BHendri5

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2034252 said:
Yea, I almost fell out of my chair when I read that.

Noway Malcolm is faster than TO, I am calling BS on that.

T.O. is fast, but I do not remember him having a fast 40 time when he came out of college?

I believe he worked on his speed. No Malcom is not faster than T.O.
However it turns out, it will be good, especially if we draft Malcom. I'll just be happy for him and his family wherever he ends up. Jamel always keeps us informed about what's going on with Malcom.

You get information about agents and other stuff. For instance when that report that Malcom had bad knees came out, I already knew about the letter(before it came out) to all the teams informing them that Malcom is healthy and there was nothing wrong with his knees.

He had his knee scoped to remove bone chips, nothing serious.

Reaction score
I don't believe non of that B.S. Malcom Kelly won't be touched by Dallas in the 1st round, you can count on that!

TEUFELI

Reaction score
BHendri5;2034275 said:
T.O. is fast, but I do not remember him having a fast 40 time when he came out of college?

I believe he worked on his speed. No Malcom is not faster than T.O.
However it turns out, it will be good, especially if we draft Malcom. I'll just be happy for him and his family wherever he ends up. Jamel always keeps us informed about what's going on with Malcom.

You get information about agents and other stuff. For instance when that report that Malcom had bad knees came out, I already knew about the letter(before it came out) to all the teams informing them that Malcom is healthy and there was nothing wrong with his knees.

He had his knee scoped to remove bone chips, nothing serious.

Since you seem to know him, perhaps you could give us your thoughts on the word that he has some attitude problems. (not just from his temper tantrum after the sub-par 40 performance, but word has filtered down from Norman) That he didnt give it the old college try to get healthy for the bowl game???

BHendri5

Reaction score
TEUFELI;2034292 said:
Since you seem to know him, perhaps you could give us your thoughts on the word that he has some attitude problems. (not just from his temper tantrum after the sub-par 40 performance, but word has filtered down from Norman) That he didnt give it the old college try to get healthy for the bowl game???

You know I did not get the opportunity to ask Jamel about the so called temper tantrum. The reason I say so called, I am not a fan of the media, not one bit, reporters put their own spin on things, you really do not know if you are getting thruth, or someone's perception of the truth.

I was taught that one person's perception is their reality, so the reporter that wrote that Malcom threw this so called temper tantrum, and making a mountain out of an ant hill.

I mean think about it, put yourself in their place if you knew that by running on a certain surface would would help your time and draft status, and for whatever reason you were not able to wouldn't you be upset too?

They said he threw shoes, and well I would have as well, it is better than throwing punches. You know what I will call Jamel and ask him about that, and I will get back to you on that subject.

Now for missing the bowl game, I did ask Jamel about that he said that Malcom wanted to play, but was advised that against it, he was told anything he did in the bowl game could help him anymore than he has already helped himself in his 3yrs at OU. He was told to rest and heal, but he did want to play.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
As much as I love Michael Irvin, he's the last person the Cowboys would give any inside draft info to, unless Jerry Jones has completely lost his mind.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ThreeSportStar80;2034287 said:
I don't believe non of that B.S. Malcom Kelly won't be touched by Dallas in the 1st round, you can count on that!
Mosley reported awhile ago that the Cowboys were interested and were hoping to get him in the 1st. Because of his poor workout, who knows what they think about him now. Maybe he redeems himself with his next workout.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2034342 said:
As much as I love Michael Irvin, he's the last person the Cowboys would give any inside draft info to, unless Jerry Jones has completely lost his mind.

Then you must not Love Irvin, or you're just saying that. Irvin is on the In.
He and Deion are the reason Jerry took that chance with T.O., they are also the reason Jerry is taking the chance with Adam Jones.

They can go to Jerry and talk to him about anything anytime.

BHendri5

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2034343 said:
Mosley reported awhile ago that the Cowboys were interested and were hoping to get him in the 1st. Because of his poor workout, who knows what they think about him now. Maybe he redeems himself with his next workout.

Woodysgirl, I would say that backs what Jamel told me today after church./vice versa

jjktkk

Reaction score
IMO, With the slow 40 times on his pro day and his history of knee problems/injuries, Kelly is not a value with the 22nd or 28th pick. Hes probably gonna go somewhere in the 2nd round.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
IMO hes the best talent out there at WR, a little disappointed in his times to be honest but they said hes what 10-12 lbs heavier than normal weight? That could be because he is nursing an injury too.. hes a great player and I would be glad to have him as a cowboy

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What exactly are these knee injuries I keep hearing about?

I only recall the thigh tear.

Gaede

Reaction score
Even after the workout disaster, Kelly's still a good player and I'd like to see him on the team. He can play football, slow 40 or not.

Not sure what his value is anymore, but I wouldn't be too upset if we picked him in the first.

Verdict

Reaction score
This thread is similar to Hostile's thread on Roy Williams. I also appreciate this poster offering what info he has knowlege of.

There is one thing that I can't quite figure out about this information. If the Cowboys do covet Kelley, I could understand Irvin being at his new pro day to get a look on behalf of the Cowboys. If he runs a fast time though, Irvin telling the world on his show would help Kelly, but wouldn't help him fall to the Cowboy's draft slot.

This would seem to indicate that the Cowboys might be wanting to elevate Kelly's draft position to make another player they want to fall.